Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Basic Account - Perks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Account - Perks

What's the point of a basic account when it comes to GR?

I have an old account, so I have a 2nd character slot I've acquired for free.

However, a new basic account only has 1 slot. A free account has 1 slot.

The only benefit basic accounts have over free accounts are avoiding what I'd mostly consider grief-mechanics:

1. Can't be a T7
    2. Can't improve a lair
    3. Can't be invited by someone within the same household
    4. Can't PLAY with another free account in the same household
    5. More that I'm forgetting now

The 1st makes some sense. The others do not make any sense from a business standpoint. #4 strictly destroys a fair portion of potential playerbase that don't want to pay to play a MUD.

Why do basic accounts not get an extra slot? Without this, there is effectively no benefit for paying for this game.

After upgrading the account to premium, I've discovered that it doesn't unlock premium benefits immediately. So, the info above about slots may be wrong for basic accounts too.

Does anyone know if basic gets another slot? I thought it did, and that is why we were paying for a basic. The site does not provide any helpful information, and the GR play now screen strongly implies that basic accounts do NOT get another slot (create another, if you have a premium).

Comment

Basic accounts get two usable slots.

If benefits of Basic were shifted over to Free, and the only account options were Free and Premium (cheaper than current Premium, since right now it's a bit absurd), they might actually make some money off of this game instead of letting the playerbase dwindle to nothing. Or, instead of a Premium account, if players could buy certain Premium luxuries a la carte, that would also encourage revenue from an otherwise free-to-play game. They'd probably make more money off the game that way than as it stands.
      Portrait courtesy of Vattukatt

Comment

I was also thinking a la carte would be nice. You could purchase as many slots as you wanted in various games, or get premium RP progression in TEC, and so on.

I don't think they'll ever "make money" off this game in a pay to play model. I'd bet it pays for itself, but it's not going to do anything more than that.

Comment

Working...
        X