Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Come play!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come play!

I am back from my many months hiatus. It would be great to have others to play with, or even just be in the game to chat with. Scoundrel's lair is quite upgraded, good for all castes, if you want to join a clan with a lair. Scoundrel's is the only one in Uthgol.
    Scoundrel the Mummy
    Leader of Scoundrel's Lair
    ~Your better leader~

Is the clan active, Scoundrel? I'm back from a hiatus too and would like a fresh start.

Comment

Pardon my lateness in getting back to you. Yes, the lair is still accepting members, and I am glad to see your interest. I will be around and keeping an eye out for you.
      Scoundrel the Mummy
      ~Your better leader~

Comment

Anyone wanting the lair to stay should consider coming back to play ASAP. I see only one other player with a lair member active. My account will expire soon, and I will probably not renew it unless others come back. (Yes, I know it is a dying game... I don't need to be told.) If you are still playing and want to join the lair, post here and we can find a time to meet up.
        Scoundrel the Mummy
        ~Your better leader~

Comment

Well it looks like the lair lapsed...I've been playing a bit over the past week but fully understand why you would be disinclined to renew. Had to find out the hard way by being killed by traps in the entrance, but oh well haha. Feels a bit like the coffin being nailed shut on GR, which is sad. Skotos' neglect has been pretty palpable; it still makes no sense why they didn't expand free-to-play beyond a single character to encourage the kind of variety that used to keep the game alive. But I suppose it was inevitable. Bummer, but thanks for doing all you've done to keep things going in recent times.
          Marx the Lich
          Rykon the Dwerger

Comment

Originally posted by Fangor View Post
            Well it looks like the lair lapsed...I've been playing a bit over the past week but fully understand why you would be disinclined to renew. Had to find out the hard way by being killed by traps in the entrance, but oh well haha. Feels a bit like the coffin being nailed shut on GR, which is sad. Skotos' neglect has been pretty palpable; it still makes no sense why they didn't expand free-to-play beyond a single character to encourage the kind of variety that used to keep the game alive. But I suppose it was inevitable. Bummer, but thanks for doing all you've done to keep things going in recent times.
            Thanks. And sorry that you had to spring the traps. I just don't see why I should pay to keep the lair. If leaders were allowed to keep the lair on a free account, things would be different. Also, they must have changed something because normally, the game would assign the next in line leader character, and if none, the next in line non-leader character. I honestly thought it would assign either Kega, Marx, or Korky leader. Oh well. Perhaps all are on free accounts. RIP GR, for socials anyhow.
            Scoundrel the Mummy
            ~Your better leader~

Comment

Originally posted by Scoundrel View Post

Thanks. And sorry that you had to spring the traps. I just don't see why I should pay to keep the lair. If leaders were allowed to keep the lair on a free account, things would be different. Also, they must have changed something because normally, the game would assign the next in line leader character, and if none, the next in line non-leader character. I honestly thought it would assign either Kega, Marx, or Korky leader. Oh well. Perhaps all are on free accounts. RIP GR, for socials anyhow.
              Oh, it's no big deal. Yeah, I'm on a free account which is why it wouldn't have gone to Marx, can't speak for the others. It's disappointing that they haven't just made the game completely free-to-play at any point in the past few years in response to the dwindling playerbase. Aside from removing the restriction on leading clans - which was 5 full years ago - there's been no change. I can't remember how to switch my WM into my first character slot, but maybe I just won't bother.
              Marx the Lich
              Rykon the Dwerger

Comment

Smarmy will still be around on and off.
                SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

I've been gone for a few weeks due to life stuff but I still have a paid account. Not sure why the lair didn't go to me. I don't think I was gone long enough to go inactive. Anyway, if anyone else wants to get a clan going again, let me know. I've got a little over 10k favors I have nothing to do with so we could get the lair favored no problem.

~Kega

Edit: After I posted this I looked and actually the lair did go to me. I just did minion all to check at first and only noticed a few minions so I figured I was ejected like everyone else. If you want to rejoin just let me know. I'll try to be online as much as possible during the day so you can find me in the shrine or post here. If you're not a humanoid we might have to get a bit creative to get you back in, but we'll figure something out.
                  Japes point towards Studgrob. A single point of light flashes from the middle of Studgrob's body, then starts growing larger until a great dome of bluish-white energy consumes him and his surroundings! 999999 points of damage! Studgrob roars a final time before dying

Japes says, "Ninja minotaurs in love."
                  Japes flails.

Synchar: Toastah!
                  Toasty: o.o
                  Toasty: OMG, IT'S A SYNCHAR.
                  <Toasty thwacks you with a rolled up newspaper.>

sgp NO LAG! *can't breath* *starts to turn blue*
                  StoryGuide Damocles responds, "Just calm down. Maybe it's the start of great things."

Comment

Working...
                  X