Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

And so it all comes to a close

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it all comes to a close

Anyone else slightly devastated to be partly responsible for the coming total closure of GR? I kinda miss all the old crew right now ._.

...even Shadar
    Rythgen says:
    "arg! i would defend myself but my massive schlong prevents me from moving!"
    The current rune bearer is Jinn the Hydra, who is located very far away to the northeast at a hot shaft.

ICYMI

Folks,

For twenty years now we're run Skotos as a single game service, but Christopher and I are both moving on to other things. As a result, we have decided to split up the Skotos game service, to allow the individual games to truly be controlled by the players.

To be precise: we plan to split off Castle Marrach, Ironclaw Online, The Eternal City, and probably The Lazarus Project in this way. We will unfortunately be shutting down Lovecraft Country and Monsters! Monsters!: Grendel's Revenge, as they've fizzled out over time. We expect to shutdown those two games in the next month or so, while the more comprehensive split will happen in the next 5-9 months: perhaps as early as November, but definitely no later than the end of March.
    From Shannon in the main Skotos forum
    Rythgen says:
    The current rune bearer is Jinn the Hydra, who is located very far away to the northeast at a hot shaft.

Comment

Really unfortunate, but I knew it was coming. Also, I wouldn't hold any of the people who just stopped playing due to boredom or a busy life responsible.

Comment

I regularly check in to the forums to see if anything is going on. I am going to miss the game... in it's prime, the game was amazing. Mostly due to the people!
        “Who is this irresistible creature who has an insatiable love for the dead.” Twitter @tyrantbain

Comment

Originally posted by CornFed View Post
          I regularly check in to the forums to see if anything is going on. I am going to miss the game... in it's prime, the game was amazing. Mostly due to the people!
          It really was! I 100% owe my mad typing skills to this game it’s pretty sad that it fell by the wayside like it did
          Rythgen says:

Comment

Decided to check up on the forums like I always do and found this sad news. Although I already expected this to happen.

I want to thank everyone who I played with almost 20 years ago. (Didn't realize it was that long).

Toasty, ColdFire, Usuichii, Lurekus, Bane, Chasm, Exodias, Kaoslace, Annu, Hecate, Netze, Malice, Slardar, Cedextra, Dvea, Rythgen, Kitiy, AND many more that I can't remember at this time!

Thanks for the fun memories!

- Zetsu
            - Remember(The Lich)

Keep in touch guys!
            <Usuichii the Vampire grumbles: [Still there, or be ye a ghost?]>
            <Usuichii the Vampire grumbles: [Or worse, Zetsu?]>

Comment

Working...
            X