Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

If you could....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could....

If you could have any skill currently available to add to your character regardless of the caste or role requirements, what would you take?

For Whindanser...its a toss up between Focus, Endure Damage, and Battle Cry. I'd lean toward Endure Damage though.

http://whindanser.tripod.com

Iron claw. So much offence with two attacks.
    Before you is a wraithlike gryphon, the air around him shimmering with bright flares of magic. The scent of gold and alchemy ingrediants permeates from him. Gunk and sap resides within his fur, resulting from a lack of grooming. Occasional scars and ample scabs are the only break from his black, unkept hide. His infested claws are covered in a grey creep that maggots writhe about in. At the end of his elongated tail is a bulk of deformed bone with spikes emerging from it. A layer of creep also covers this deformity. Sharply contrasting the rest of his body are his trimmed wings, carefully preened to be presentable. Upon the ends of these sinewy wings reside a circle of white feathers. Green eyes reside above his straight beak.

Comment

Spirit shield.
      You can't stand my Gouf.

Comment

*sticks tongue out at whindy* I can get endure!

Hard choice...probably teleport, or haste, or even noncorp.

Comment

S T U N.

Comment

DRAINLIFE!!

Comment

I had a very, very long post deliberating the different things I've said I've wanted over the time I've been here, but I decided to really shorten it down, both in number of things and (largely) the length of the commentary on each.

Past Thing I've Wanted

Mentor - I've been lonely, wanted to contribute mentoring, and some newlings don't say a friggin word in person about wanting a clan, and I don't harass newlings with questions, so I lose out on them.

Teleport - More so when I had more hidey holes scattered about, and especially when having to move to new lairs, just for the marks. Not as much nowdays, as I've cut back on that (due to lair decay).

Natural Armor or Spirit Shield - Looking from a purely mechanical view, BH is built for defense, and this would boost that department. Not SoP, since I can get that from other shamen.

Warmonger - back when stacking worked, that is. It's a far more powerful skill than, say, Evasion. Without stacking, I'll just get my Warmonger from my master... or heck, maybe go masterless and lead the clan myself.

Hoarding - Does still stack, and huge amounts of loot can mean serious attack/defense bonuses.

After thinking about it, if choosing today, it'd be Hoarding. It fits the character perfectly, has a very nice mechanical benefit, and would help all his minions too.
              Blackhand

Comment

For Ecnerual: Hrm...BOULDER THROW! *ignores a scarab's smallness and gets a necklace of growth*

For Farvoix: Venom that intertwines with Boulder Throw...
                Marx the Lich
                Rykon the Dwerger

Comment

Well, this one is actually a bit tough...but it would probably be one of those defensive Shaman spells...

Something like Endure Damage or Spirit Shield or whatnot. I am too lazy to research which one would be best. Natural Armor is better RP-wise for a Chimera, but it's not very helpful in my opinion, since it only raises the to-hit against me. But really....there aren't many skills outside the Magical and General skillset that I would like to have for myself...

Now go make a thread about what you'd make if the GMs asked you to create/choose a new ability for them to implement
                  Current Monster: Nadriel the Hydra

-----------------
                  "It's easy to criticize someone who generates an idea, assumes the risk."

Comment

Poisonbreath. I've missed it since it was taken away from undead.

Comment

I still think they should be able to use it.

*points at enchanters*

Comment

Everyone thought so Farquaa.

Hoarding - Does still stack, and huge amounts of loot can mean serious attack/defense bonuses
                        It stops after a certain amount. with 36000 loot i only get a +60 or so bonus from it, tested and seen.

As for my skill, Boulder throw is a good one...if i had to pick from whats already available, or a shaman skill like spirit shield.

but id rather have a custom ranged ability. =) necromantic beam or something.
                        I am a passionate, deeply feeling person. My posts reflect my emotions, my posts reflect the intensity of what I believe.

If you dont like it, Let me know and I will be glad to P.M. you some suggestions with what you can do with yourself.

Brecan says to Jinn the Hydra, "Go away. Nobody likes you."

Comment

Toasty'd be neet with Endure Damage.
                          <Zetsu the Vampire grumbles: [ GR's like meth... you try it once and for the next 10 years you're still hooked to it no matter how bad it gets ]>

Comment

Venom!

Only because it'll take me ... oh about a hundred years to get the karma to buy it myself.

I so hate ranking up.
                            Endr the Scornful Wyvern

Comment

Heh, if I were to have a custom ability for Coranth...it would be some kinda water spell. Maybe some kinda spell that launches a torrent of water at the enemy *tries to think of something to reference* Well, given enough force, even water can be painful.
                              Current Monster: Nadriel the Hydra

-----------------
                              "It's easy to criticize someone who generates an idea, assumes the risk."

Comment

Working...
                              X