Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• energy

Energy currently helps the damage of magic attacks, but does not help the success role. On the other hand, physical atttacks gain damage from strength, and better success from agility

should energy be changed to help the success of magic attacks like agility helps physical attacks??
    yes
    25.00%
    no
    8.33%
    other - post below
    25.00%
    mango pie
    41.67%
    Last edited by shadow; 06-21-2004, 03:41 AM.
    -Shadow

It already does...?

Edit: I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean 'should energy continue to help the success of magic attacks like agility helps physical attacks, or should it be changed?'
    Rythgen says:
    "arg! i would defend myself but my massive schlong prevents me from moving!"
    The current rune bearer is Jinn the Hydra, who is located very far away to the northeast at a hot shaft.

Comment

ok, i edited my first post to clear up your confusion ColdFire
      -Shadow

Comment

Energy DOES help success, AND damage of magic attacks.. Energy is strength and agility in one, but no defense bonus from energy.
        I am a passionate, deeply feeling person. My posts reflect my emotions, my posts reflect the intensity of what I believe.

If you dont like it, Let me know and I will be glad to P.M. you some suggestions with what you can do with yourself.

Brecan says to Jinn the Hydra, "Go away. Nobody likes you."

Comment

The bonus energy gives isnt anything like str AND agility give to physical attacks..Claws are far more accurate then ranged magical attacks.
          You can't stand my Gouf.

Comment

energy give very little bonus, while agilty does help a good bit
            -Shadow

Comment

Enery+Auth should help anything magical.
              Agility+Str should help anything physical.
              You can't stand my Gouf.

Comment

how would you break that down jinn??
                which stat would do what for magical attacks?
                -Shadow

Comment

I'm doing just fine with my attack..

Need proof? Ask Germ, or Keyrn

And I don't even have focus! O.o
                  Vote for GR!
                  El. Psy. Congroo.
                  Nobody suspects the butterfly...

Comment

Erm... don't you have blood oath (with an uber special emphasis on ogres), maxed? Plus the higher stat cap.

Anyhow... I just don't see how authority would effect magical skills, Jinn. Authority is kind of a weird stat category to begin with, but the idea of having a magical attack be stronger because you look more menacing, or because you're more charismatic, doesn't make any sense to me.

Perhaps double the effects of energy on magical attacks, perhaps give pure or even half mages a small, natural energy bonus... or even just increase the strength of magical attacks. I don't think it makes sense to associate the other stats with magical attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Death

Anyhow... I just don't see how authority would effect magical skills...the idea of having a magical attack be stronger because you look more menacing, or because you're more charismatic, doesn't make any sense to me.
                      Authority also affects things like focus, Cure, SoP, spirit shield, heal...

It is not soley a leader-oriented stat.
                      Before you is a wraithlike gryphon, the air around him shimmering with bright flares of magic. The scent of gold and alchemy ingrediants permeates from him. Gunk and sap resides within his fur, resulting from a lack of grooming. Occasional scars and ample scabs are the only break from his black, unkept hide. His infested claws are covered in a grey creep that maggots writhe about in. At the end of his elongated tail is a bulk of deformed bone with spikes emerging from it. A layer of creep also covers this deformity. Sharply contrasting the rest of his body are his trimmed wings, carefully preened to be presentable. Upon the ends of these sinewy wings reside a circle of white feathers. Green eyes reside above his straight beak.

Comment

Yeah, that never made much sense to me, either... why should a spell last longer just because you're poised-looking? But, I think authority is associated with such things at least partially because most of those skills give favor.

EDIT: I suppose the 'ability to communicate' part of the authority description might explain this... barely.

Comment

Pbft, I don't have BO even close to maxed. And yeah, 1500 ranks, that ALMOST equals a leader bonus, and doesn't come close to what focus can do.
                          Vote for GR!
                          El. Psy. Congroo.
                          Nobody suspects the butterfly...

Comment

I don't see how Authority has anything to do with Mage abilities... I'd say Agility should affect Magical abilities along with Energy. I see Strength as physical power and Energy as magical power. Agility is the power to "use a weapon," (Already apparent in affecting warrior abilities) "dodge from a crushing boulder," (Obviously, apparent in raising defense) "stitch a wound," (This could be a reference to helping Heal and other Shaman abilities, but not evident) "or summon a spell." (Could be Shaman or Magical spells, although it makes sense for Agility to aid in Magical skills) In this case, Agility would affect Magical abilities in the same way that it affects Warrior abilities.

Authority affecting Focus has always seemed strange, along with it helping Shaman abilities. The only reference in the Help Files that I can find which would explain this is Authority affects "their perception (as every grunt knows, authoritative monsters always seem to know if they are off task.)" I suppose having better perception could really help in Shaman spells and in focusing, but the fact that Authority affects "perception" is also a thin line.

Should Energy be more helpful to Mages? I'm not sure that putting a lot of power in one single stat would be a good idea (although I would personally like it). I think either Energy should be improved or Agility added to help Magical abilities. Otherwise, Mage abilities have a fairly large success hole in them.
                            acepius0@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jinn
                              Enery+Auth should help anything magical.
                              Agility+Str should help anything physical.
                              Um, I personally think that if you're going to add in another stat, it should be agility, or strength, preferably strength. First off, let's get the roles layed out and what stats affect them.

Leader--Strength/Authority
                              Warrior--Strength/Agility
                              Magical--Energy
                              Shaman--Authority/Energy
                              --Agility/Energy

As you can see, Agility/Energy combination is already taken. I'd say make it Strength/Energy for a magical.

Originally posted by Marnevel
                              Dunstvangeet's right
                              Newpatriot (Aux) Snakes on your plane to Storm_queen, "Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter has a lot t do with lesbians. See, vampires find out that if they wear lesbian skin they can walk around in sunlight. So Jesus teams up with a Mexican wrestler named El Santos to fight lesbian vampires. And it's a musical."

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information