Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanzo
    replied
    I say, give mages sub-roles. Also have a leader ability that is made for mages. There are leader abilities that help everything else out, but not mages. Spirituality doesn't help mages. It might increase their recovery gain, but that is about it. And on the sub-roles. Have them to where they are good at one kind of magical skill. Like one would be good at lighting and another good with fire... and so on.

Leave a comment:

• Angel of Death
    replied
    Sheesh, seta... get that target off of your face.

Jinn, we know... you leg-humper you.

Paleface... why are you here?

Angel... put a damn point into this post.

Heh... I don't think energy can be 'overpowered' that easily. Maybe I've played too many mummies and ogres and not enough chimera, but I've always found that favoring energy is never as beneficial as favoring something else... a magical attack, agility, something better than energy's small regeneration bonus and its minimal stun resistance.

Regeneration just isn't as good as defense and/or hp (or at the least there are better ways to obtain regenerative powers than with energy alone.) I think giving a little extra punch to each favor into energy would balance it out with the other skills some.

Leave a comment:

• seta
    replied
    their is no reason for a magical to be strong

Leave a comment:

• Jinn
    replied
    OK..I could give a damn about the RP behind the authority stat..Or pretty much anything else with mechanics.I said authority because there are two type of general damage in the game(pysical/magical),and four stats.It would just seem like two stats for one type of damage and two stats for another would work..Thats my reason.

Leave a comment:

• Palewhite
    replied
    Yay!

Leave a comment:

• dunstvangeet
    replied
    Originally posted by Jinn
    Enery+Auth should help anything magical.
    Agility+Str should help anything physical.
    Um, I personally think that if you're going to add in another stat, it should be agility, or strength, preferably strength. First off, let's get the roles layed out and what stats affect them.

Leader--Strength/Authority
    Warrior--Strength/Agility
    Magical--Energy
    Shaman--Authority/Energy
    --Agility/Energy

As you can see, Agility/Energy combination is already taken. I'd say make it Strength/Energy for a magical.

Leave a comment:

• Acepius
    replied
    I don't see how Authority has anything to do with Mage abilities... I'd say Agility should affect Magical abilities along with Energy. I see Strength as physical power and Energy as magical power. Agility is the power to "use a weapon," (Already apparent in affecting warrior abilities) "dodge from a crushing boulder," (Obviously, apparent in raising defense) "stitch a wound," (This could be a reference to helping Heal and other Shaman abilities, but not evident) "or summon a spell." (Could be Shaman or Magical spells, although it makes sense for Agility to aid in Magical skills) In this case, Agility would affect Magical abilities in the same way that it affects Warrior abilities.

Authority affecting Focus has always seemed strange, along with it helping Shaman abilities. The only reference in the Help Files that I can find which would explain this is Authority affects "their perception (as every grunt knows, authoritative monsters always seem to know if they are off task.)" I suppose having better perception could really help in Shaman spells and in focusing, but the fact that Authority affects "perception" is also a thin line.

Should Energy be more helpful to Mages? I'm not sure that putting a lot of power in one single stat would be a good idea (although I would personally like it). I think either Energy should be improved or Agility added to help Magical abilities. Otherwise, Mage abilities have a fairly large success hole in them.

Leave a comment:

• kaoslace
    replied
    Pbft, I don't have BO even close to maxed. And yeah, 1500 ranks, that ALMOST equals a leader bonus, and doesn't come close to what focus can do.

Leave a comment:

• Angel of Death
    replied
    Yeah, that never made much sense to me, either... why should a spell last longer just because you're poised-looking? But, I think authority is associated with such things at least partially because most of those skills give favor.

EDIT: I suppose the 'ability to communicate' part of the authority description might explain this... barely.

Leave a comment:

• Norin
    replied
    Originally posted by Angel of Death

Anyhow... I just don't see how authority would effect magical skills...the idea of having a magical attack be stronger because you look more menacing, or because you're more charismatic, doesn't make any sense to me.
    Authority also affects things like focus, Cure, SoP, spirit shield, heal...

It is not soley a leader-oriented stat.

Leave a comment:

• Angel of Death
    replied
    Erm... don't you have blood oath (with an uber special emphasis on ogres), maxed? Plus the higher stat cap.

Anyhow... I just don't see how authority would effect magical skills, Jinn. Authority is kind of a weird stat category to begin with, but the idea of having a magical attack be stronger because you look more menacing, or because you're more charismatic, doesn't make any sense to me.

Perhaps double the effects of energy on magical attacks, perhaps give pure or even half mages a small, natural energy bonus... or even just increase the strength of magical attacks. I don't think it makes sense to associate the other stats with magical attacks.

Leave a comment:

• kaoslace
    replied
    I'm doing just fine with my attack..

Need proof? Ask Germ, or Keyrn

And I don't even have focus! O.o

Leave a comment:

• shadow
    replied
    how would you break that down jinn??
    which stat would do what for magical attacks?

Leave a comment:

• Jinn
    replied
    Enery+Auth should help anything magical.
    Agility+Str should help anything physical.

Leave a comment:

• shadow
    replied
    energy give very little bonus, while agilty does help a good bit

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information