Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

._.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ._.

Why is the lag so bad?
    <Zetsu the Vampire grumbles: [ GR's like meth... you try it once and for the next 10 years you're still hooked to it no matter how bad it gets ]>

Grendel hates you. I'm not lagging one bit. Nope, not at all. Perfectly smooth, not a second of lag. /sarcasm

Comment

I may be able to answer your question.

The lag is being caused because there are changes happening in the gameworld. These changes are constantly being tweaked and remodified and made. This causes lag on the server. It may subside a bit after the modifications have been completed.
      A mixed version of profane.
      Warning: Rythgen is addictive.
      I Wanna be your Princess
      Dragostea Din Tei
      Mambo
      Titanium Rhapsody

Comment

You walk up a slight slope to a shallow, mucky pond, to the southwest.

You arrive at a shallow, mucky pond. Chaching the Scarab and Mota the Harpy warrior are here. You see a woodlands with thick undergrowth to the north and to the northwest; a forest with thick heavy foliage to the northeast; a forest shrouded in fog and dank humidity to the east and to the southeast; and a shallow, mucky pond to the south, to the southwest, and to the west.
        Mota the Harpy warrior yells, "Blood! Blood!"
        Mota the Harpy warrior begins to move toward you.
        Mota the Harpy warrior stops next to you.
        Mota the Harpy warrior retreats.

Chaching the Scarab walks away to a shallow, mucky pond, to the south, followed by Mota the Harpy warrior.
        A small group of harpy led by Chaching the Scarab is moving away from you nearby to the south.
        sw
        You walk to a shallow, mucky pond, to the southwest.

You arrive at a shallow, mucky pond. You see a shallow, mucky pond to the north, to the northeast, and to the east; a forest with thick heavy foliage to the southeast, to the southwest, and to the west; a blackened and grave timberland to the south; and a deposit of shadow to the northwest.
        A small group of harpy led by Chaching the Scarab is moving away from you nearby to the southeast.
        sw
        You walk up the steep incline to a forest with thick heavy foliage, to the southwest.

You arrive at a forest with thick heavy foliage. You see a forest with thick heavy foliage to the north, to the southeast, and to the south; a shallow, mucky pond to the northeast; a blackened and grave timberland down a steep decline to the east; a bunch of trees blanketed with the screeching of insects down a steep decline to the southwest; a forest with thick heavy foliage down a steep decline to the west; and a woodlands with thick undergrowth to the northwest.
        A small group of harpy led by Chaching the Scarab is moving away from you a ways off to the southeast.
        s
        You walk down the steep decline to a forest with thick heavy foliage, to the south.

You arrive at a forest with thick heavy foliage. You see a forest with thick heavy foliage to the north, to the east, to the southeast, to the southwest, and to the northwest; a blackened and grave timberland to the northeast; a forest shrouded in fog and dank humidity to the south; and a bunch of trees blanketed with the screeching of insects to the west.
        sw
        sw
        You walk down the steep decline to a forest with thick heavy foliage, to the southwest.

You arrive at a forest with thick heavy foliage. You see a bunch of trees blanketed with the screeching of insects to the north and to the southwest; a forest with thick heavy foliage to the northeast and to the west; a forest shrouded in fog and dank humidity to the east and to the northwest; a blackened and grave timberland to the southeast; and a woodlands with thick undergrowth up a steep incline to the south.
        You walk up the moderately steep slope to a bunch of trees blanketed with the screeching of insects, to the southwest.

You arrive at a bunch of trees blanketed with the screeching of insects. You see a forest with thick heavy foliage to the north, to the northeast, and to the west; a woodlands with thick undergrowth to the east and to the northwest; a forest shrouded in fog and dank humidity to the southeast; and a bunch of trees blanketed with the screeching of insects to the south and to the southwest.
        A small group of harpy led by Chaching the Scarab is moving south a ways off to the east.
        sw
        sw
        sw
        sw
        You walk up a moderate slope to a bunch of trees blanketed with the screeching of insects, to the southwest.

You arrive at a bunch of trees blanketed with the screeching of insects. You see a forest with thick heavy foliage to the north; a bunch of trees blanketed with the screeching of insects to the northeast and to the east; a woodlands with thick undergrowth to the southeast; a woodlands with thick undergrowth down a steep decline to the south; and a blackened and grave timberland to the southwest, to the west, and to the northwest.
        You walk to a blackened and grave timberland, to the southwest.

You arrive at a blackened and grave timberland. You see a blackened and grave timberland to the north; a bunch of trees blanketed with the screeching of insects to the northeast and to the west; a woodlands with thick undergrowth down a steep decline to the east; a slow river leading off into the forest to the southeast; a river littered with leaves and branches to the south and to the southwest; and a forest shrouded in fog and dank humidity to the northwest.
        You'll have to swim or fly to continue any further in that direction.
        ne
        You walk to a bunch of trees blanketed with the screeching of insects, to the northeast.

You arrive at a bunch of trees blanketed with the screeching of insects. You see a forest with thick heavy foliage to the north; a bunch of trees blanketed with the screeching of insects to the northeast and to the east; a woodlands with thick undergrowth to the southeast; a woodlands with thick undergrowth down a steep decline to the south; and a blackened and grave timberland to the southwest, to the west, and to the northwest.
        se
        You walk up the moderately steep slope to a woodlands with thick undergrowth, to the southeast.

You arrive at a woodlands with thick undergrowth. You see a bunch of trees blanketed with the screeching of insects to the north and to the northwest; a forest shrouded in fog and dank humidity down a steep decline to the northeast; a woodlands with thick undergrowth to the east; a river littered with leaves and branches to the southeast; a slow river leading off into the forest to the south and to the southwest; and a woodlands with thick undergrowth down a steep decline to the west.
        e
        You walk down the moderately steep slope to a woodlands with thick undergrowth, to the east.

You arrive at a woodlands with thick undergrowth. You see a forest shrouded in fog and dank humidity down a steep decline to the north; a forest shrouded in fog and dank humidity to the northeast; a woodlands with thick undergrowth to the east and to the west; a river littered with leaves and branches to the southeast and to the south; a slow river leading off into the forest to the southwest; and a bunch of trees blanketed with the screeching of insects to the northwest.
        [Success: 950, Roll: 658] Mota the Harpy warrior slashes at you with her painful claws, but misses.
        say [...]
        You snarl, "[...]"

Lag much?

Comment

When changes are made to the game, there's bound to be lag. Get used to it for the next week or so.
          Current Monster: Nadriel the Hydra

-----------------
          "It's easy to criticize someone who generates an idea, assumes the risk."

Comment

I figure there's some sort of logging mechanism going on. Something that records all the values, all the grumbles, all the favor gains, and so on and so on and so on, for later analysis on the balance. could be the reason the lag's so enduced.
            I must not lag. Lag is the game-killer. Lag is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my lag. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the lag has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

<Toasty the Gryphon grumbles: [ I had a visual of Lurekus as, like .. a mummified Mr. Clean.. ]>

Comment

The main problem behind the current lag is hardware. We are still working on the hardware issues from last week.

Also, there is an increased frequency of backups to guard against frequent crashes. More backups tend to lead to more lag.

Hopefully, we will have a progress update soon.

Comment

The simple solution: spend money for some brand spanking new servers

-----------------

Comment

Who are you talking to? And I thought you were confusing before, with your talk of chat rooms...

-----------------

Comment

Working...
                  X