Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Getting Zealotry/Firefox working with GR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Zealotry/Firefox working with GR

Getting GR to work on Firefox wasn't as simple as I had expected. After dealing with unexplained failures more than once, I decided to make a simple guide. Some of this has been mentioned elsewhere on the forums (I don't know when I would have got Zealotry working (if at all) if Lasombra hadn't mentioned Ctrl-clicking - thanks!), but I figured it'd be good to consolidate the essential details in one place.

1. Get the latest Zealotry addon
    How: Go to http://www.skotos.net/Zealotry/ -- note that Zealotry has to be capitalized, or it won't work. Click the appropriate link (the "latest functional build" should be fine), tell Firefox you do want to allow addons from Skotos, click the link again, install, restart.
    If you skip this step: The client won't load, and you won't be told why; or, you'll get a message box saying "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (zealotry) isn't associated with any program."

2. Add grendelsrevenge.skotos.net to your list of sites-that-can-do-popups in Firefox.
    How: Either add it via the Tools > Options, menu; or, log into Skotos, then Ctrl-click the link to open the GR client, and use the yellow bar to add GR to the list of allowed stuff. Then try opening the client again, and it should work. If it doesn't, check for any popup blocker toolbars or addons you might have installed.
    This is made tricky because usually if a popup is blocked, you get a little yellow bar at the top of the page, that lets you allow popups. This doesn't work for GR unless you do the Ctrl-click. If you're having trouble finding the right link to click, log in and then Ctrl-click this.
    If you skip this step: Clicking the link to play (after you log in) will appear to do nothing, perhaps making your browser flash or look like it's going to load.

After doing the above, you should be good to go, and you won't have to Ctrl-click anything either. And of course there's other ways to do the above, but I know it works, and on multiple versions of Firefox too. And finally, a link to Get/Upgrade Firefox before you get started on the above.
    Last edited by Blackhand; 01-28-2008, 03:07 PM.
    Blackhand

***bump***
    SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

ALSO

Try this

Menu > Add-on > Make sure Zealotry is ENABLED.

K

I feel like I contributed!
      The only person who is allowed to kill people in mass numbers is god himself.. and its cool because he always serenedes you with trumpets to soften the mood prior.

Comment

Working...
      X