Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Forgotten City idea!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten City idea!

Yes, remember the Forgotten City, or has it truly been forgotten? It's that really scary dungeon in the western swamps where you get True Sight and Illusion. Once you get those skills (if you are a pure mage) or read the tomes once, you are granted 50 karma for each reading of the tomes after that.

50 karma is all well and good, but that's only 5 favors. Doing the quest just to save yourself the 5 favors worth of raised FP per favor is hardly worth it. I think there should be the opportunity to win a much better prize. Lasombra suggested that certain items also be dropped as a prize. Now before you point and shout "WoW blasphemy!", hear me out!

The items I am thinking would be a good drop would be the items that the bosses actually wear. They have those pretty rings, crowns, cloaks and stuff. Any time I went there to fight them, I envied their shinies every time. Wouldn't it be great if you had the incentive to go and run the gauntlet for a chance of one of their cool items being left behind as their forms faded away, dropping at success rate of 1-5% or so? I for one would be running through that thing all the time, and I'm not the only one!

Let's face it, no one's making pure mages and being serious in leveling them enough for the Forgotten City to be of any real use. It feels like a waste of coding. The dungeon puzzles are really challenging, the boss fights are really challenging, it's just the prize after such hard work seems to be lacking a bit.

As for the Red Tower, the place you get Golem Assembly, that dungeon puzzle is just as difficult if not worse than the Forgotten City's. But once again, when has it ever been of any real use? I don't know much of the end boss in that one, I never got through the dungeon, can someone fill me in on what horror lies in wait?

So anyway, suggestions or comments?
    <Zetsu the Vampire grumbles: [ GR's like meth... you try it once and for the next 10 years you're still hooked to it no matter how bad it gets ]>

I love the whole idea of the lost city. I had even started making a map of it. Sadly after the first area as a t7 you just cant continue down into the dungeon because of the spawn. They hit for a 50 even with an arena item devoured, and hit for over 20,000 dmg. I really wish they'd give the spawn in there a level cap, or a damage cap, or something.
    As far as the red tower goes I think it has the same problem as the city. After a certain level the stuff that spawns in there is pretty hard to deal with if you dont have the cookie cutter regen/fort build. 10kish HP doesnt help when the things are swinging for 8k.
    Its a shame these places arnt more popular, the scraps of papers and books found around the dungeons are really interesting to read.
    You can't stand my Gouf.

Comment

I still want to see this done... Now that Wyrhtan is around, maybe he can give me his input?

Comment

I'm still hoping to see more abilities out there rewarded in this fashion besides Illusion, True Sight, and Golem Assembly...

But I like the idea of being able to fight these bosses for getting extremely powerful shinies. Last I heard, these bosses are very hard to kill, so the shinies would have to be worth it, and stronger than arena items.
        Current Monster: Nadriel the Hydra

-----------------
        "It's easy to criticize someone who generates an idea, assumes the risk."

Comment

Based on the monster's level.

Comment

Working...
          X