Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Suggestion: Replace Nightmare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Replace Nightmare?

So, this is a discussion that I think we've all had before...and I'm sure one most people are completely fed up with. We're all stubborn bastages who refuse to change our opinions, because that is our monsterly nature.

However! I still hate that Nightmare is the Warrior-type T7 for the Undead. We have Dracolich for the Magical-type, yes, but that makes sense. The most powerful Magical Undead happens to be an undead dragon, which is the most powerful form of Chimera.

Nightmare, however, makes no sense and does not really fit. The most powerful Warrior Undead is....a big flaming demon horse? I'm sorry, but no. It's nowhere near as cool as Dracolich, Rakshasa, Dragon, Giant, or Cyclops, and we all know it.
    Also, read the description of Nightmare...it doesn't even sound like a Warrior. It sounds like a Magical!

I have mentioned this before, but I want to say it again. And yes...I'm borrowing from the Warcraft universe, but you gotta admit that this idea fits rather well: Abomination!
    (For the record, I don't play WoW...I'm just a big fan of the Warcraft universe, ever since I've played the RTS games)

Let me just quote a few tidbits from this page, which we could adapt to the description for Abomination if this were to actually be changed:
    Abominations are large created creatures, similar to flesh golems. Mutilated bodies and limbs from many creatures combine into a single twisted, hideous form. A viscous trail of blood leaks from it with each laborious step, and the ripe decay of the slaughterhouse wafts from its body. These magically created automatons are incredibly powerful, possessing (literally) the strength of ten human men.
    The twisted, mutilated bodies of abominations are comprised of multiple dead limbs and body parts from various corpses. These enormous warriors love to carve flesh and tear apart their enemies. They carry large cleavers into combat and wield various sicklebladed hooks on their disproportionate limbs. The animating force of an abomination is a blasphemous conglomeration of the souls incorporated into the corpses that make up the abominationís unliving flesh. This creature is a singular entity with a united soul and, because of this unique makeup, is considered both an undead creature and a construct.

Now if THAT is not a horrendously monsterous undead creature, and you think Nightmare is more of a monster than that...
    You belong in the nuthouse. :|
    Current Monster: Nadriel the Hydra

-----------------
    "It's easy to criticize someone who generates an idea, assumes the risk."

If abominations were that hot, we wouldn't be downing Patchwerk like the chump he is.

I kid. Abomination makes far more sense than Nightmare for warrior. Is it the best choice? Nah. It's certainly better though.

Comment

Abominations in WoW are mindless and dumber than a bag of bricks. I don't think they fit as a WM as they are a creation... a sort of undead golem. They would make better sense as an undead Warrior grunt then as a player race.

They're laughing at you behind your back.
      They all want to see you die a horrible death.
      They want you to put your pants back on.
      You squint.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmod View Post
        Abominations in WoW are mindless and dumber than a bag of bricks. I don't think they fit as a WM as they are a creation... a sort of undead golem. They would make better sense as an undead Warrior grunt then as a player race.
        And you assume we would copy the idea from WoW in it's entirety? Think of it as an inspiration for a GR version of an Abomination. I understand what you're saying, but we wouldn't be using the exact same creature. Hell, for one thing, Abominations are the shock troops of the original Scourge army...we're not bringing the Scourge into GR with such an idea, I'm merely taking a look at this one undead being and attempting to come up with a much more kick-ass monster than Nightmare.

-----------------

Comment

This dude. Quite a bit more refined than an Abom and still more than happy to put the zombie hurt on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rythgen View Post
            This dude. Quite a bit more refined than an Abom and still more than happy to put the zombie hurt on you.
            You mean this?

Obviously, we wouldn't use the same appearance of an Abom that Warcraft uses...not only is it unoriginal, but it's just not "refined" as you say.
            I think it would be up to whatever artist Wyrhtan picks out to decide what Abom would look like.
            Or, even better, Wyrhtan could set up some sort of contest for the players to submit their own drawing of it. *shrugs*

-----------------

Comment

Uh, yeah, same thing I just linked to but from a different source. Yes, I do mean that.

Comment

Hmm, I'm not sure. I think there could be an overall better choice. Mythology isn't as tapped into as it should be. Centaur, for example.

T7 WM though? I think this Gorgon would be perfect as the new undead T7.
                -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

how about the Reaper for t7?
                  A stratus wizard says, "Perhaps I will make a potion from your bones."
                  [Success: 771, Roll: 642] A stratus wizard tries to touch you with an icy finger, but misses.
                  You moan to a stratus wizard, "perhaps i'll make a potion from your mom!"

Comment

A giant skeleton in a cloak, with a bonus to slice?

I like it.

Comment

Something female. A siren.

Or gorgon. Wasnt Medusa one of three heads of gorgons?
                      Originally posted by Usuichii
                      Vyshka the Wyvern hisses to a round silver mirror, "Rythvea"

If you say it three times, they say they'll come after you that night.
                      Originally posted by fiendish_thingy
                      They say the last thing you notice before you die is the faint smell of cinnamon and bacon.
                      Originally posted by kaoslace
                      I find your lack of doughnuts disturbing.

Comment

Sirens aren't really undead.. And why female, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Well Ive never heard of a male banshee or cant imagine one. Male screaming just doesnt quite cut it. So it would make sense to have a step up from that to another female character.

That and most of the all the T7s just seem to be implied male. It bugs me.

They say the last thing you notice before you die is the faint smell of cinnamon and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dvea View Post
                            Well Ive never heard of a male banshee or cant imagine one. Male screaming just doesnt quite cut it. So it would make sense to have a step up from that to another female character.

That and most of the all the T7s just seem to be implied male. It bugs me.
                            Why is Dragon implied to be male? In most fantasy settings out there, dragons are matriarchal, or at least have it so that females are the bigger and more powerful of the dragons.

Rakshasa is portrayed as a tiger and a mischievous shapeshifter. Nothing particularly male about that.

Dracolich isn't implied to be ANYTHING I hope. It's a skeletal dragon...which implies it doesn't have any real "parts" left.

In fact, every monster description in the help files go out of their way to be neutral of gender...even the Banshee description.

-----------------

Comment

Humor me dammit.

Is it so wrong for a woman to want a predominant female T7 in the game? >.<

Logic..go away!

Comment

Working...
                              X