Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Advertising for Grendel's Revenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I do when other people in my grumble were also experiencing that lag.
    Then I highly doubt it is because of your spawn. If the game was lagging for minutes on end because of (only) the spawning of twelve humans, I highly doubt it would survive a day of playing.

Client lag is extremely common, and would explain your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorico View Post
      Then I highly doubt it is because of your spawn. If the game was lagging for minutes on end because of (only) the spawning of twelve humans, I highly doubt it would survive a day of playing.

Client lag is extremely common, and would explain your own.
      Could have been multiple such big spawns across the game, as it was right after a backup. A multiple-spawn close after the backup is more common than lag itself.
      Current Monster: Nadriel the Hydra

-----------------
      "It's easy to criticize someone who generates an idea, assumes the risk."

Comment

Originally posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
        it was right after a backup.
        Well, there you go! It was the backup. Even when the backup is done so that we can play again, there are still some things that are being finished up on the host computer. Thus, LAG.
        SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

I'm not sure how expensive it is, but you guys might consider advertising on a browser-based game? They're not quite MUDs, but people are accustomed to text-gaming and I could imagine the leap to GR could be pretty easy compared to a FPS gamer.

I used to play one called HoboWars, their company site is http://www.hellbored.com/advertise if anyone wants to check their prices.

Just a thought.

Comment

The money is coming in far slower than I thought, so it may be a few more weeks until I can put up our ads, but I thought it best I at least update anyone who was curious and wanted to know.
            -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

So to update, I know have some money to fund ads for GR. I'm pathetic, I know. But I don't currently have a job (Why else would I be online so much?) so it's taken me a while.

I'm looking over my choices for ads again and considering a few new things. I've got a small list, but I would like some help. We need to get a few good websites that use Project Wonderful and would appeal to people who would want to play our game. So I'm looking for extremely nerd-- *cough* DnD roleplaying sites, Web comics (perhaps about monsters), and maybe those browser roleplaying games as well. What would you all suggest for a website that we could host GR ads on?

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Well, I am still looking for ads. A lot of people have been giving me some good suggestions (Props to Kitiy, yo.) But I still need more. More, dammit, more.

Currently looking at:

http://www.projectwonderful.com/adve...id=5221&type=1

http://www.projectwonderful.com/adve...d=17604&type=3

http://www.projectwonderful.com/adve...e.php?id=13096

Kind of expensive, that super hero comic one, but good score...So, we'll see. Help me out guys!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Just a small update to let everyone that is interested know that this is still going to happen. I'm hoping that I'll be able to contact someone this/next week about the front page's update bar, either to fix it, or to at least disable it. I'm also still looking for good websites to advertise on, so help me out!

Websites for GR to advertise on must:

• Be an appropriate website. Remember that GR's content is for people 13 and over.
                  • Must use Project Wonderful advertising. It's usually a 'your ad here for $0.39' link posted under ads.
                  • Should probably be a website that brings in the kind of players we want to see in our game. Web comics, gaming websites, role playing forums, DnD, etcetera

Just post your link in this thread so I can look at it, thank you!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

What's that? The first of GR's new ads are up!

Here's a screenshot just for you to see yourself. We're going to start a little small first, but as we get more funding, we'll get into some bigger websites!

This is the start!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Working...
                    X