Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

GR's Home Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally have always thought that Social Monsters should get an innate bonus to fighting in packs - to such an extreme point that say, 7 middle-skill Ogres (or whatever) that kept in coordination and managed to stick together could challenge a high-tier WM.

It would encourage more tight-knit clans, an actual MEANING to being a 'Social' monster aside from sharing a lair together, and a whole new aspect to the game. WMs will tear you up if you're alone, so you had better stick with your friends where you belong. Makes sense to me.

I am extremist, though.

Comment

I agree. It would bring about a sense of comrodary ( Yes I know I can't spell ) and loyalty. Not to mention that the whole point of being a social is to be..... social. Not a huge bonus though... One to where they could hold their own with some strategy and defenses against a higher tier WM.

Comment

I do somewhat agree with the above, but I kind of dislike the idea of flat out bonuses that appear magically when you're there to hold hands with your clan members. Instead, I'd suggest something more along the lines of a mechanical ability that can't be done by wanderers, and is effected by numbers. Something like this already exists. When multiple targets approach something, its evasion lowers.

I'd like to see real tactics be an option, but I'm no where near having a good idea on it. If I do know one thing, it's that I want leaders to be heavily incorporated into it to the point where it should be useless or impossible without them.
        -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

perhaps evasion lowers even more for clan members who are battling the same enemy, but not for an outsider, and maybe it would be even harder to hit the clan members fighting together when both are engaged with you
          A stratus wizard says, "Perhaps I will make a potion from your bones."
          [Success: 771, Roll: 642] A stratus wizard tries to touch you with an icy finger, but misses.
          You moan to a stratus wizard, "perhaps i'll make a potion from your mom!"

Comment

Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
            If I do know one thing, it's that I want leaders to be heavily incorporated into it to the point where it should be useless or impossible without them.
            Ohh, I really don't think that's a good idea, nor will it be a very popular one. In a game with a playerbase as low as GR's, having a large aspect of the game so dependant on the presence of another player is impractical.
            Marx the Lich
            Rykon the Dwerger

Comment

Originally posted by Fangor View Post
              Ohh, I really don't think that's a good idea, nor will it be a very popular one. In a game with a playerbase as low as GR's, having a large aspect of the game so dependant on the presence of another player is impractical.

A game should never be based on its current playerbase, but its intended playerbase.

Back on topic, I now have money for advertising! I've been pondering the best way about getting these ads up. I want to see our front page updated first. Should I wait for a few changes? Help me out here, guys.

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
                Should I wait for a few changes?

Um... is that a trick question?

The answer is NO.
                Unless you want to wait forever for changes that probably won't be coming.

SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Why wouldn't we get changes? We have staff now. You know, as apposed to...no staff. Which is that thing we had before.

I want to see the front page update first. It'll be the first thing anyone sees when they use the ads I put up.

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

~bump~

Any new player will see the home page and be deterred by a defunct looking game!!!!

Comment

Yeah, and I think asking to get it updated may be too much trouble. It'd be good if we just disable it, I think.

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

You all may want to check out the front page.

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Working...
                        X