Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

GR's Home Page

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feldin
    started a topic GR's Home Page

GR's Home Page

Well, I've decided to pop back in after a prolonged absense.

And I must say the first thing I noticed was the lack of News & Events listed on the home page. The page is very nicely laid out, I've always thought this, but coming back my eyes were immediately drawn to the fact that the latest News & Events was dated 06/25/06.

For a newcomer to the site (one who may not check the forums) it may seem that the game has been dead for over two and a half years now.

Is there any way to get this updated? What do you guys think about this?

• Usuichii
    replied
    You all may want to check out the front page.

Leave a comment:

• Usuichii
    replied
    Yeah, and I think asking to get it updated may be too much trouble. It'd be good if we just disable it, I think.

Leave a comment:

• ryck
    replied
    ~bump~

Any new player will see the home page and be deterred by a defunct looking game!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Usuichii
    replied
    Why wouldn't we get changes? We have staff now. You know, as apposed to...no staff. Which is that thing we had before.

I want to see the front page update first. It'll be the first thing anyone sees when they use the ads I put up.

Leave a comment:

• Smarmy
    replied
    Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
    Should I wait for a few changes?

Um... is that a trick question?

The answer is NO.
    Unless you want to wait forever for changes that probably won't be coming.

Leave a comment:

• Usuichii
    replied
    Originally posted by Fangor View Post
    Ohh, I really don't think that's a good idea, nor will it be a very popular one. In a game with a playerbase as low as GR's, having a large aspect of the game so dependant on the presence of another player is impractical.

A game should never be based on its current playerbase, but its intended playerbase.

Back on topic, I now have money for advertising! I've been pondering the best way about getting these ads up. I want to see our front page updated first. Should I wait for a few changes? Help me out here, guys.

Leave a comment:

• Fangor
    replied
    If I do know one thing, it's that I want leaders to be heavily incorporated into it to the point where it should be useless or impossible without them.
    Ohh, I really don't think that's a good idea, nor will it be a very popular one. In a game with a playerbase as low as GR's, having a large aspect of the game so dependant on the presence of another player is impractical.

Leave a comment:

• Sinfire
    replied
    perhaps evasion lowers even more for clan members who are battling the same enemy, but not for an outsider, and maybe it would be even harder to hit the clan members fighting together when both are engaged with you

Leave a comment:

• Usuichii
    replied
    I do somewhat agree with the above, but I kind of dislike the idea of flat out bonuses that appear magically when you're there to hold hands with your clan members. Instead, I'd suggest something more along the lines of a mechanical ability that can't be done by wanderers, and is effected by numbers. Something like this already exists. When multiple targets approach something, its evasion lowers.

I'd like to see real tactics be an option, but I'm no where near having a good idea on it. If I do know one thing, it's that I want leaders to be heavily incorporated into it to the point where it should be useless or impossible without them.

Leave a comment:

• Vesyth
    replied
    I agree. It would bring about a sense of comrodary ( Yes I know I can't spell ) and loyalty. Not to mention that the whole point of being a social is to be..... social. Not a huge bonus though... One to where they could hold their own with some strategy and defenses against a higher tier WM.

Leave a comment:

• Ozmo
    replied
    I personally have always thought that Social Monsters should get an innate bonus to fighting in packs - to such an extreme point that say, 7 middle-skill Ogres (or whatever) that kept in coordination and managed to stick together could challenge a high-tier WM.

It would encourage more tight-knit clans, an actual MEANING to being a 'Social' monster aside from sharing a lair together, and a whole new aspect to the game. WMs will tear you up if you're alone, so you had better stick with your friends where you belong. Makes sense to me.

I am extremist, though.

Leave a comment:

• Usuichii
    replied
    So I was thinking about a larger updated to the Home Page later down the road. What about a sort of mini-leader's board on the front showing the leading clans(In a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etcetera order), the results being a combination of resource, infamy, numbers and more.

Leave a comment:

• Feldin
    replied
    ...thread hijackers!...

Leave a comment:

• DrakeWurrum
    replied
    What Drake means to say is, is that World of Warcraft is an instant-satisfaction game. I have a problem with these games. They're too easy and simplistic. I think WoW and any other MMORPG should be kept out of any and all discussions concerning Grendel's Revenge at all times. This is Grendel's Revenge and nothing else. We're an incredibly unique game.
    There is a vast difference between making a game exactly like all the others, and looking at other games for inspiration with different ideas and concepts that we may have not yet considered.
    I never bring up WoW with the idea to make GR like it, because I don't want ANY game to be like WoW, as it is the most imabalanced piece of crap on the internet. Just because WoW is really fun doesn't mean it's not a piece of crap, it just means they did things with the game to make it fun for a large amount of people.
    I want to keep GR unique, but I don't want it to be so different that nobody wants to play it. Ulthak mentioned starting up a troll and getting one-shot out of nowhere.
    What if he was a new player? Can't you imagine this going through a new player's head in that situation? "What the hell is this? I just got one-shot while fighting some humans and I didn't even see the guy coming! Screw this, I'm going back to WoW where I stand a fighting chance!"

What I meant to say, is what I said: this game needs to be friendlier to the new players, and I don't just mean on the level of mechanics and how to play.
    It's not rare for one of the existing clans or WM grumbles to show up and help a new player. People learn the game quick, and it's actually pretty easy to learn. The problem is when, say, they go to their first fane battle, and they're blasted to pieces in one shot by a T6 WM who wants a little bit of karma. That's not PvP, that's using a sniper rifle to hit a brick wall from point-blank range.
    The gap in power is a big problem, not because there's a lack of instant satisfaction, but because it truly can turn off a new player from the game, especially when they figure out just how much work it takes to even be able to survive against veterans.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X