Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Usuichii's Laboratory for Dummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usuichii's Laboratory for Dummies

I decided that I use enough terms, acronyms, systems and policies that I should finally write them down for everyone to see that wants to see it. Don't know how useful this will be, if at all, but decided it can't hurt.

The Dormitories
    • Dormitory A

Dormitory A is the central hub of transportation within the Dorms until the Assistant Transportation Floor can be completed. The most important structure inside it is "the Fount", an Unholy Fount in which all members attune their body to respawn to. The room is a large, circular structure with a toweringly high ceiling that's out of eye range. The northern wall is where stocked scrolls are stored, as well as productivity motivation posters, notices form Usuichii, and laboratory policies (Such as what permit you need to allow for explosives within laboratory facilities.) Dormitory-A also has a large number of Dorm rooms, and leads on to Dormitory B and C...
    • Dormitory B

Dormitory B is a recreational floor. The center of this larger Dormitory is a mixed 3x3 facility. It has a small library for those literate enough to read in the western section. The eastern section is the Cafeteria, where custom made menus (from assistant suggestions) are served, as well as a dinning area in the very center with long tables and chairs. This center also doubles as a gathering area before [events.] The Dorm is split from this point into three more sections. The West Wing, North Wing and East Wing, all sporting several more Dorm rooms.
    • Dormitory C

A newer addition, Dormitory C is the laboratory market and arena (AKA Usuichii's Combat Testing Facility.) There is also a public access resource area here for all assistants (based on rank), as well as LAAA* storage. This area is more of an industrial-type Dormitory, with a few working areas alongside the Dorms. Trading inside of Dorm-C is encouraged, but not required. Instead, facilities are in place to make it more productive to trade there.

*: See notes below on acronyms

Laboratory Policies (All In-Character)
    1. No shouting within the Dormitories past curfew
    2. No unproductive use of cafeteria foods
    3. No littering
    4. No spontaneous combustion within laboratory grounds without a permit
    5. No unproductive use of cleaning equipment or supplies
    6. No unproductive use of posterior comfort amplifiers
    7. No unprodictivity

Note: This is all posted IC on the Fount's northern wall, and can be added to later.

Dorm Life

Dormitory life within the laboratory is interesting. Many people are within the Dorms at almost all times. At any given time, Usuichii may give a task to his members within the Dorms, so stay on your toes.

• Dorm Rooms

Dorm Rooms are numbered and divided into sections and Dormitory floors. There are no requirements to obtain any of the Dorms. You're free to choose the Dorm you think is best for you.

Dorm Descriptions: There are three variances in the Dorm styles. I'll give them by Dorm type.

Dormitory A rooms are the average of all the Dorms. On the ceiling is a single mana-powered ceiling-light in the shape of a circle, seamlessly built into the ceiling. A coffin, customized by Usuichii (but remaining a coffin, oddly enough) to the likings of the dorm owner is placed on a stone slab that sits on the floor, connected to a wall. If it is exists, there's a narrow door that can't be opened by the Dorm owner. It's painted to match the room's walls exactly, making it hard to see. A wooden desk is in each room and will always sit in a corner next to the wall that has a large vault built into it. The vault is a large, squared door built into the wall, coming out by about 1-2 inches with a dial and handle on the right side of it to open and close/lock it with.

Dormitory B rooms are build exactly like Dormitory A rooms, except that these rooms have a higher, domed ceiling. There are five ceiling lights inside of this dome. Four in the corners of the ceiling just before it turns into an ascending dome, and a single one seamlessly built into the top of the domed ceiling.

Dormitory C rooms are also built exactly like Dormitory A rooms, with the exception that, instead of a domed ceiling, they get a very large decline. The rooms start with a set of 5 stairs descending into their Dorm room. From this point on, it's built just like Dorm-A rooms. The ceiling is lit by two thin, bar-like ceiling lights that extend from the ceiling by about 1 inch.

• The Cafeteria

At the end of each day, I prepare a cafeteria menu, and may or may not have Usuichii announce it over the Dorm intercom, depending on the number of assistants awake. The menu is open to suggestions by all assistants, and the food you suggest will almost assuredly be on the menu. I give big mental RP-points that go toward a promotion if I see people openly enjoying these menus in Dorm-B with others. A box sits in the eastern area of Dorm-B's center (ICly) that assistants can put suggestions into. OOCly, send me a message.

AWFUL (Acronyms With Full Use (in the) Laboratory)

ARRR (or Assistant Rank Related Rewards) is the process of delivering the rank-based rewards to assistant's dorms. It's done very weekend, and rewards are based, as the name suggests, on your rank. Rewards are given as you complete assigned tasks or give you all in a full day of work.

LAAA (or Laboratory Assistant Assistance Acquisition) is a form that can be filled out (ICly, of course) upon request. Doing so will allow you to request a pre-determined amount of items. Quality, type and quantity depends on the Laboratory's current stock and your rank.

ATF (Or Assistant Transportation Facilities) is a structure (and in the future, an entire floor) that will transport assistants to numerous locations within the laboratory or outside into Uthgol. The locations in which you are allowed to enter, is based on your rank.

TRUBLE (Or Temporary Reprimanding Under Basis of Laboratory Endangerment) is the process in which an assistant's rank is frozen, accumulated ARRR is revoked, and laboratory access is restricted due to serious breach of Usuichii's policies or security. This is most likely only to happen IC, as I usually have no problems with anyone OOCly. The length of the TRUBLE is determined by the infraction and Usuichii's mood/view of the situation.
    -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Good LORD you are so annoying. No one outside your "clan" cares. Take it to a private forum and leave this one for things that actually matter. If -anything- this would go in Noise, for it's spammish nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Catobelpas View Post
      Good LORD you are so annoying. No one outside your "clan" cares. Take it to a private forum and leave this one for things that actually matter. If -anything- this would go in Noise, for it's spammish nature.
      Rage harder please, it cracks me up. If you don't like it, don't read it/don't post about it/ignore him. PROBLEM SOLVED AMGGGGGGGGGG.

Comment

I would of posted it there if I thought it belonged there. Believe it or not, some people actually request info like this, and it gets hard to have to repeat it every time. It's also easier if it's somewhere for people to read on their own time, like in the forum. I thought a good while on this before I posted it, and figured it would be best to post it here.

Also, I've looked into private forums. No one feels like checking two different forums. This is just...well, in Usuichii's words, "productive."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Please stop trying to own the game, yes?

As arrogant as Usu's player may seem to be occasionally, you're the only jealous twit raging at him for adding something other than power grabbing to the game.

We enjoy the posts, Usu, and please continue them. I would be saddened to hear if it if you moved it to private forums, where the rest of the playerbase can not enjoy this kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorico View Post
            Please stop trying to own the game, yes?

As arrogant as Usu's player may seem to be occasionally, you're the only jealous twit raging at him for adding something other than power grabbing to the game.

We enjoy the posts, Usu, and please continue them. I would be saddened to hear if it if you moved it to private forums, where the rest of the playerbase can not enjoy this kind of thing.
            I agree on both points.
            SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

believe it or not, but everyone else is right, and on another note, usu player has gained enough respect throughout the game and has done SOOOOO much RPing in such a little time that information like this should belong here
              A stratus wizard says, "Perhaps I will make a potion from your bones."
              [Success: 771, Roll: 642] A stratus wizard tries to touch you with an icy finger, but misses.
              You moan to a stratus wizard, "perhaps i'll make a potion from your mom!"

Comment

Cato, Dont hate on someone for bringing the RP back into Grendel, not to mention the fact we have an elevated played base that is mostly attributed to Usuichii. Ummm ya, shut up and enjoy the posts, enjoy the game, and love it.

Comment

If you want to cry about it, cry about it to someone who cares, instead of whining on the forums. You don't like Usuichii, we get it. Now move onto something new, or shut up

....Better yet...just shut up.

Comment

Because I don't really know how to respond, I'll just thank you all for the support

Also, get off my forum-lawn. *waves cane*

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

* runs from the crazy old guy waving the cane cackling*

Comment

Less Cato bashing, more AWFUL stuff imo.

Comment

AWFUL (Acronyms With Full Use (in the) Laboratory) cont.

MINOTAR or Minor Inquisition (and) Notification Of Terrain Acquisition Request is a form that is required by Usuichii in order for assistants to gain a permit that allows them to own a structure or section of land outside of the laboratory.

TRIUMPH or Total Reliance In Usuichii's Magnificent Power and Hand, is a program in which Assistant's belief in Usuichii's power is advertised. That knowing Usuichii can do no wrong.

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
                            AWFUL (Acronyms With Full Use (in the) Laboratory) cont.

MINOTAR or Minor Inquisition (and) Notification Of Terrain Acquisition Request is a form that is required by Usuichii in order for assistants to gain a permit that allows them to own a structure or section of land outside of the laboratory.

TRIUMPH or Total Reliance In Usuichii's Magnificent Power and Hand, is a program in which Assistant's belief in Usuichii's power is advertised. That knowing Usuichii can do no wrong.
                            Kanys would completely disagree with the second one. *eyeshift*
                            Current Monster: Nadriel the Hydra

-----------------
                            "It's easy to criticize someone who generates an idea, assumes the risk."

Comment

Originally posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
                              Kanys would completely disagree with the second one. *eyeshift*

In this case, Kanys would be in TRUBLE

*nod me*

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Working...
                              X