Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Usuichii's Laboratory for Dummies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lurker View Post
    Let's put it this way. I never played with Usuchii, I never played with any of his previous characters, atleast to my awareness. I do not talk to him on aim or anything. I know 'nothing' of Usuchii, except his IC ... and OOC posts. And also ... I dont play the game. Havent ... for years. No time for it really.

Now.

When I read his IC and yes .. OOC posts ... I regret not playing. I think ... damn this guy is fun, this guy .. reminds me of someone (eyeshift). I want to make a character and play a game where he plays.

When I read the replies ... starting with catobelpas, sinfire, and fangor ... I say .. you know ... I'll pass.

That aside, once again ... my compliments Usuchii.

Heh heh, there are quite a few similarities that can be pointed out between Lurekus and Usuichii- though not enough to make the latter unoriginal...just enough to be pleasingly nostalgic The teleporting and stunning, a very distinctive cackle and a morbidly questionable interest in the internal contents of other monsters...*sighs wistfully*
    Iíve yet to test his reaction to bagpipes, however....

(Psst, been meaning to get in touch with you- just giving you a heads up here since I donít know how often you check your forum inbox. Donít worry, Iím not going to try to nag you into coming back I can fully understand and respect not having enough time for the game- honestly, I donít either, and even the hour or so that I spend per night is probably more than I should...though itís been worth it. )

I know Iíve said it in this forum before, but seeing how the other thread dissolved into useless spam:
    Usuichii single-handedly brought me back into GR- not through direct persuasion, but through his ability as an RPer and his devotion to his clanís enjoyment of the game. I made an trial account in December, just to anonymously scope Uthgol out again. I had no intention of sticking around past the trial month, and Iíd had no previous interaction with Usuichiiís player or any of his characters, so I went in with no particular expectations- maybe even a little skepticism, admittedly, both for the state of the game itself and for this ďGreat ScientistĒ that had popped up a few times in the IC forum. It took only about 2 weeks of playing in his clan to convince me to make a full return and reactivate my old account. Itís been like playing a whole new game thanks to his efforts.

While it is unfortunate that the thread has gotten so off track from its original purpose, and has had its focus turned to Usuichiiís player rather than his character and clan, it is great to see such an outpouring of respect for his efforts. It is heartening to know that roleplaying is still so highly valued in a so often PvP intensive game.
    Originally posted by Rythgen
    Fiendy could witstomp you into oblivion.

<Vyshka the Wyvern grumbles: {Hecate wins the internet. Forever.}>

Comment

AWFUL (Acronyms With Full Use (in the) Laboratory) cont.

FABULOUS or For Assistants, By Usuichii Laboratories Operations and Underlining Services is a service that caters to Usuichii's assistants to ensure that their quality of living, and in turn, productivity, is high. Most of these functions are automated, as Usuichii is far too busy to concern himself with it, but this entails things such as Dormitory quarters and the assistant functions (such as morale boosting days and the like.)
      -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

honestly a lot of you are acting like children why are you are worried about what each others doing. (yes i do enjoy reading this thread for its original content) those who don't like it so what life goes on they at forcing you to read this but if you happen to want to start a new character and end up joining his lil ban because as far as i can see its probably one of the more active clans. now all this is meaning less icly cause this is ooc play your characters maybe you all can talk ooc to talk how you all can do something to maybe make it fun for everyone who knows what ever but to straight bash anyone for having a good time is just meaningless. in the end if you really don't like it start another thread to complain about how much you dislike this one not polute it with your babblings of dislike.

The silent reflection is broken by Royal, as usual, the most opinionated and obnoxious of the group. He tosses his booted feet upon the tables surface, his silvered mask gleaming in the firelight as it turns to face Lividium, ďWhat the hell do you want now?Ē Typical Royal tactfulness of course. The rest of table grins, laughs or smirks as they deem appropriate.

Comment

Usuichii is entertainment whether you hate him or like him.

~Cumulus' handler

[ Hey, Royal, you ol' bastage. Stop in and say hello some time. ~Lividium ]
          Morph - Ebonfyre - Cumulus - Constantly Rebuilt Slot

Retired = Lividium, Stomp, T5 Ebonfyre (stupid me), Equine, Binky, Voyager (human)

Comment

All of this 'like him or hate him' junk is irrelevant and borderline immature. Quite frankly, no one really cares what YOU think of Usuichii. What it all boils down to is that Usuichii has a passion for GR, something that EVERY game needs, and is willing to devote time and effort to the game to improve it in playerbase and quality.

What the hell does it matter if he comes off as annoying or egotistical on OC forums? Jesus.

Comment

If it makes you feel any better Lurekus, I miss setting your wrappings on fire with Chasm

There are better times ahead, more GM help and all... wait a little bit more and try back I for one would love to see you back ingame. The fact you keep checking the forums means you obviously still love it

Also, to add my rum into the king's cup, everyone notice the people who are being most negative here towards someone who RPs a great deal, in fact play wandering monsters fairly exclusively. If they do play socials, they leave them idle to prance and kill and bully or whatever they are best at. This leaves the RPing to people who should be doing it: creative, innovative, and intelligent people.

/2cents
              Ephaelion says to you, "I can just picture in my head the grandmaster brigand locksmith spending days jamming repeatedly one such coffer, thinking 'They will all pay when they open it and find only a sen inside'"

Danasei says to you, "What is this reference to a flower other than daisies!? I DO NOT LIKE IT."

An urchin with tattered large sacks on his arms runs through the area, clutching a flint-tipped spear yelling, "Rue! Rue! Rue!"

Comment

Working...
              X