Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Events

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events

In this thread here I would like people to propose events they would like to see. These events would be staff lead so please limit suggestions to those types.

Also, while suggusting ideas please keep in mind that I would like this thread to act as a pool of ideas for the staff to either pull from or get ideas from (hopefully anyway, that would mean we get events!). As such please make sure that any suggestions would include everyone who wanted to participate and don't favor any one group or harm another.

So, to start off, I really liked the events where Uthgol gets over run. There have been lots of these and we've gotten over run by several different things ranging from Uglies to monsters to spirits (I think once). I would really like to see more of these. This type of event is pretty easy to set up and it gets almost everyone to band together to take these things out.

I would also like to see events that open up new bits of land. I realize events like this take a LOT more time to create but even if it was only a fairly little section of land at a time, as long as it was fairly constant we would get more land and something to keep us busy. Also a chain type of event could be done. For example each week for the next x many weeks a new segment of land is opened up as fog slowly rolls back. Or possibly more land is opened up each week as we fight uglies back. There are about a million and one things that could be done here in order to allow of a slow trickle of new land.

Thats just what I have at the moment. Any ideas?
    Japes point towards Studgrob. A single point of light flashes from the middle of Studgrob's body, then starts growing larger until a great dome of bluish-white energy consumes him and his surroundings! 999999 points of damage! Studgrob roars a final time before dying

Japes says, "Ninja minotaurs in love."
    Japes flails.

Synchar: Toastah!
    Toasty: o.o
    Toasty: OMG, IT'S A SYNCHAR.
    <Toasty thwacks you with a rolled up newspaper.>

sgp NO LAG! *can't breath* *starts to turn blue*
    StoryGuide Damocles responds, "Just calm down. Maybe it's the start of great things."

GM activity.

Comment

TEC has one of these threads. It got to like 40 pages. None of the event ideas were ever used.

Comment

Come on, really were either of those worth the effort to post? I'm trying to provide tools for the staff to use to make their job easier. They're volunteers afterall. I really don't expect that any of these ideas will get used directly, that isn't to say that one of the staff couldn't get an idea for an event while reading these.

So I ask that pointless useless posts like the above be ingnored and those who would like to actually do something constructive still post any ideas they might have.
        Japes point towards Studgrob. A single point of light flashes from the middle of Studgrob's body, then starts growing larger until a great dome of bluish-white energy consumes him and his surroundings! 999999 points of damage! Studgrob roars a final time before dying

Japes flails.

StoryGuide Damocles responds, "Just calm down. Maybe it's the start of great things."

Comment

I'm trying to be constructive by preventing people from wasting their time. Your staff doesn't care. They're volunteering on behalf of two organizations that couldn't give a rat's ass about their creation or responsibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
            I'm trying to be constructive by preventing people from wasting their time. Your staff doesn't care. They're volunteering on behalf of two organizations that couldn't give a rat's ass about their creation or responsibilities.
            This. 7890

Comment

I might agree about the latter statement, but I will openly disagree with the first. I can't speak for the staff, but I've spoken with some of them, and I've found that you couldn't be more wrong. There are many reasons for why staff members can't just openly fling out events and changes like it's bead necklaces at Mardi Gras. There's rules and regulations, and just popping into the forums to talk about their latest event or game-changing update just doesn't fly, and would probably lead to confusions and, surprise, arguments like this. The very fact they volunteer to work for the game says, to me, that they do care about it.

You can go back to TEC and complain about your staff there, but don't come here and complain about ours.
              -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
                I might agree about the latter statement, but I will openly disagree with the first. I can't speak for the staff, but I've spoken with some of them, and I've found that you couldn't be more wrong. There are many reasons for why staff members can't just openly fling out events and changes like it's bead necklaces at Mardi Gras. There's rules and regulations, and just popping into the forums to talk about their latest event or game-changing update just doesn't fly, and would probably lead to confusions and, surprise, arguments like this. The very fact they volunteer to work for the game says, to me, that they do care about it.

You can go back to TEC and complain about your staff there, but don't come here and complain about ours.
                The problem is systemic, and it has nothing to do with TEC's staff versus GR's staff. Because of the unique way SOE-Denver works with Skotos, there's zero accountability on behalf of either organization when it comes to staffing. Volunteering is not, in itself, a selfless act. For every person who deeply, in their heart, wants to improve a game so others can find enjoyment, there are three others who get off on holding power over others.

Believe me, I've played GR. I was rather active for a few months. And then a bug got my character trapped without any way to get out of a square. I spent 3 months waiting for a response. I talked to Skotos, they couldn't do a damn thing, and I talked to SOE-Denver, and they said they would 'Pass the message on.' There's no accountability, there's no respect for the customer, and it's always been by design. The Skotos lease structure is designed to spread responsibility in such an insane way that no one is ever accountable for a damn thing.

Comment

That is honestly too bad. I myself have had some problems with WAP (this was before they were bought) and a lack of responsiveness. Regardless your not helping a damned thing. I'm trying to get people to start participating in GR's forums and games again. Instead of participating you, someone not even currently involved in GR at all, have gone out of your way to see that no such thing happens.

Thanks.

Japes flails.

Comment

I spent 3 months waiting for a response. I talked to Skotos, they couldn't do a damn thing, and I talked to SOE-Denver, and they said they would 'Pass the message on.' There's no accountability, there's no respect for the customer, and it's always been by design. The Skotos lease structure is designed to spread responsibility in such an insane way that no one is ever accountable for a damn thing.
                    Did you file a @report or assist? Smarmy was bugged once, and they took one day to respond and fix it when I used these methods. Please see: CONTACTING THE STAFF.

The very fact they volunteer to work for the game says, to me, that they do care about it.
                    Agreed.
                    Agreed.
                    SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

TEC has one of these threads. It got to like 40 pages. None of the event ideas were ever used.
                      It's still fun to read and pretend.
                      I've had to delete SEVERAL post of yours due to language. I suggest you consider a different vocabulary to express yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X