Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Event Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Suggestions

This thread is for EVENT SUGGESTIONS only. No negative nay-sayers wanted here. Post if you have an EVENT SUGGESTION.

Originally posted by Aco View Post
    In this thread here I would like people to propose events they would like to see. These events would be staff lead so please limit suggestions to those types.

Also, while suggusting ideas please keep in mind that I would like this thread to act as a pool of ideas for the staff to either pull from or get ideas from (hopefully anyway, that would mean we get events!). As such please make sure that any suggestions would include everyone who wanted to participate and don't favor any one group or harm another.

So, to start off, I really liked the events where Uthgol gets over run. There have been lots of these and we've gotten over run by several different things ranging from Uglies to monsters to spirits (I think once). I would really like to see more of these. This type of event is pretty easy to set up and it gets almost everyone to band together to take these things out.

I would also like to see events that open up new bits of land. I realize events like this take a LOT more time to create but even if it was only a fairly little section of land at a time, as long as it was fairly constant we would get more land and something to keep us busy. Also a chain type of event could be done. For example each week for the next x many weeks a new segment of land is opened up as fog slowly rolls back. Or possibly more land is opened up each week as we fight uglies back. There are about a million and one things that could be done here in order to allow of a slow trickle of new land.

Thats just what I have at the moment. Any ideas?
    SMARMY the GIANT

GM activity.
    I've had to delete SEVERAL post of yours due to language. I suggest you consider a different vocabulary to express yourself.

Comment

Let me be the SECOND to reply:

Events where characters can get special items are wonderful. I mean ALL characters who participate, not just a few. Perhaps rare enchanted armor, or a chair, desk, rug, or wig. Nail clippers, perfume, cowboy hat, choke-chain, leash... something unusual and delightful to have.
      Last edited by Smarmy; 05-12-2009, 01:33 PM. Reason: change 'first' to SECOND
      SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

or a gameboy, that would be an interesting rare item
        A stratus wizard says, "Perhaps I will make a potion from your bones."
        [Success: 771, Roll: 642] A stratus wizard tries to touch you with an icy finger, but misses.
        You moan to a stratus wizard, "perhaps i'll make a potion from your mom!"

Comment

Usuichii the Vampire pulls a small gameboy from out of seemingly nowhere and begins to play on it.

Productive edit: I myself like to see world-changing events. It's cool to see an event so big it changes something. Ironically, I hate seeing useless locations in the world. We should be careful not to clutter them everywhere ~.~

Events that bring in a new feature or ability to the game are cool too. I liked the idea for the Red Tower and Illusion City, just probably not that difficult.
          -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

perhaps they can introduce intricate mines into the world, underground caverns abandoned long ago now popping up around uthgol as the earth crumbles above it, leaving entrances and exits to this seemingly unusual new world, could provide faster travel to the far corners of uthgol without having to trespass on a powerful clans/WM turf, or could be the center of certain battles to control strategic passes and routes

the entrances will be scarce and the tunnels will be deeper than any lair can reach to avoid conflicting construction(just as long as you dont build your lair next the entrance)
            A stratus wizard says, "Perhaps I will make a potion from your bones."
            [Success: 771, Roll: 642] A stratus wizard tries to touch you with an icy finger, but misses.
            You moan to a stratus wizard, "perhaps i'll make a potion from your mom!"

Comment

Working...
            X