Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Mentor: Revision Ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mentor: Revision Ideas

Although we've had an influx of new players, this isn't the golden days where we had 30-40 active account with multiple alts.

Mentor Now
    • Newbies who are being Mentored get from 10-110% Favor Point bonuses for all activities they do while in the presence of their Mentor, and from 10-25% bonus while away from their Mentor. These bonuses depend on the rank of the Mentor. (May have been reduced as per Updates forum)
    • Mentors themselves get a bonus of 5% of all Favor Points gained by their Minions. (Seems like 10% to me but this is qouted from Updates forum)
    • All resources looted by a Mentored monster get a 40% "tithing" bonus tacked on to them.
    • Mentors receive % of minions favor/Mentorees receive bonus fp until "Level 20."

Mentor Revision
    • Mentors and minions receive benefits until Level 50.
      This prevents the inevitable "Save til you can" line Mentor have to pull on their minions to get favor from them longer.
    • Newbies who are being Mentored get from 40-150% Favor Point bonuses for all activities they do while in the presence of their Mentor.Even with packs it is extremely difficult for a newbie to handle a masters minions. Making this extremely difficult and should be worth the risk.
    • A 20-50% bonus while away from their Mentor. These bonuses depend on the rank of the Mentor. With high leveled characters nowadays it's bad enough to catch up. Increase this.
    • Mentors themselves get a bonus of 35% of all Favor Points gained by their Minions while in their presence. As noted before, this is difficult to accomplish and the reward should benefit the Master and the Minion.
    • Mentors themselves get a bonus of 15-20% of all Favor Points gained by their Minions for actions away from mentor. I.E. Day to Day activities. Killing, Healing, etc.
    • Mentors themselves get a bonus of 5% of all Favor Points gained by their Minions for passive favor. I.E. Passive mining favor, Passive leader favor
    • New command: Instruct
      • Instr?uct <character>
      • The key to being a successful mentor is teaching your minions how to do it in the first place.
      • This command will grant a temporary boost to combat capabilities, as well as a small boost to the first role dependent stats of the minion. I.E. Energy/Authority if it's a shaman.

I think this is an okay idea. The only problem I have is with the proposed "Instruct" command. This sounds like the Avatar bonus, but available without any fighting or restrictions. May I suggest characters over level 50 (and thusly out of mentorship) not be affected by "Instruct"?

Comment

I wouldn't believe it would be anywhere near as powerful as avatar. Especially since below level 50 stats aren't very strong in the first place. But of course this benefit would apply to only low level characters with the reasoning that you can only teach them the "rudimentary" killing methods or something.

Comment

Forum Procrastinator

I want to comment on this, but I'll do it tomorrow.
        -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Working...
        X