Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

New Ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ideas!

I'm gonna start this thread to get a snowball rolling down the collective hill.

Put ideas you'd like to see added to the game world here. Maybe we can spice up Uthgol!

Larger game world. Although this isn't necessary now due to the lack of playerbase but I would still like to see the game world's size increased (doubled maybe) when we get a bit more popular.

An OOC channel should be available to choice players to allow them to help newbies with any questions they might have. I have heard from several newbies I have spoken to that it is a lot easier to understand to recieve OOC answers rather than IC answers.

All the bugs fixed..

The removal of swamp and hill monster spawns. I think that right from the start they were a horrible idea. Practically no one wants to step foot in the swamps anymore so the world is basically cut in half, and it's difficult to hunt in the hills because giants and harpies hurt. There is really no IC reason for them to be there. Giants are the worse, since there is supposed to only be one. Doesn't make sense to get favor from them, either. Grendel is supposed to favor his children for killing the human menace, not killing random creatures.

I will probably post another list after I think a bit.

Comment

Letting Humanoids and Undead have eight skills. Let's be honest, how many chimera use that last skill for fly?

Comment

Originally posted by Herdias86 View Post
        Letting Humanoids and Undead have eight skills. Let's be honest, how many chimera use that last skill for fly?
        The 8th skill is a balance mechanic that helps with Chimera's lack of armor and other things.

I will possibly second the OOC channel after at least 2 things have occurred:

1) GR's world space is increased. If we add a world-wide channel, this will change the player's perception of the game world, and allow monsters to contact each other more easily, instead of going out to interact with them at common locations, above lairs or etc. Some of my best memories in GR came from accidental RP I got when I just meandered over someone's lair to talk to him. Great combat as well.

2) In-Character/Roleplay enhancing changes are made. An OOC channel will only further encourage OOC interactions.

---

I'd like to see above-ground structures. Pure and simple.

Expanding of GR's world into water areas. Lakes, ponds, ocean. On water, below water, above water.
        -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Make there be a reason to be a pure builder or even a primary class builder
          Make martial artists be viable.. i maxed ones offense and it still had terrible accuracy and so so damage

Fix the following skills to be fully viable:
          Sneak attack
          Cold touch - damage / accuracy problems
          Drain life - damage / accuracy problems.. needs to "drain" better
          Wards - all around fix
          Golem Assembly - discussed by Usuchii in another thread
          Creeping crud / venom - damage is to low
          Boss Monster - other than RP or hp monger, not useful
          Dungeonmaster (Because there is no good reason to be a first role builder)
          Stop em - fun, but not really useful
          Cure - should cure stun, cold, burning, maybe drain effects if they worked better

Have old hill spawns de spawn.. annoying to run across somones hill giants from 2 days ago

Comment

To further elaborate on this point. All social chimera are forced to have fly except the Sphinx - At the time this was thought to be a good thing because the sphinxes had alot of penalties.

However, they were subsequently give multiple racial stat bonuses as well..

Some wandering chimera can have a non-fly ability some can't, its different from each one.

Overall I would say the system is fairly balanced.

Don't like it? Be a sphinx..

Originally posted by Catobelpas View Post
            The removal of swamp and hill monster spawns. I think that right from the start they were a horrible idea. Practically no one wants to step foot in the swamps anymore so the world is basically cut in half, and it's difficult to hunt in the hills because giants and harpies hurt. There is really no IC reason for them to be there. Giants are the worse, since there is supposed to only be one. Doesn't make sense to get favor from them, either. Grendel is supposed to favor his children for killing the human menace, not killing random creatures.
            Just to do a quick reply to this. Most of my characters hunt in the hills/swamps exclusively. These spawns are tougher than humans but provide more favor per kill. Once you start getting to the 50/950 range on humans it can really speed up leveling to frequent these areas.

Also, Grendel rewards us favor for killing each other, so why not killing npc monsters? Grendel just likes to see us strong.

Though I agree, having all these giants running around is fairly lame.

Comment

Originally posted by ryck View Post
              Sneak attack
              Accuracy just needs to be looked at, damage bonus was acceptable - in my opinion - last I checked.

Originally posted by ryck View Post
              Stop em - fun, but not really useful
              Disagree entirely. It's useful as is and with a couple of the outdated/broken aspects fixed, it'd be fantastic.

Regarding the swamps and hills: The additional favor gain from a 'hardmode' area was a great idea, it was just implemented poorly. Harpies are near-impossible to hit unless you have a ranged skill and the swamps boil down to "Fuck acid."

I'd like to see the scores of @requests and @reports regarding broken things and/or mechanics looked at and at least commented on, if not acted upon. Some of the playerbase has had fantastic ideas/suggestions for skill fixes/improvements/etc that could and should be implemented. T&N solution for unlearning it came from the players. While Wyrhtan was around we had several dialogues about a few skills (Stop'Em and Hide/Sneak Attack) and what could be done with them, I'd like to see more of that. Consult the main practitioners of X skill and get their thoughts on it. If they're reasonable, take them into consideration.

inb4Ryth'sgonnabuffsneakattack

All of this is irrelevant, however, unless we actually have staff. While there was a post from Aldwyn (hi ), you'll excuse me if I remain skeptical seeing as we've had staff show up, do one thing and then vanish more times than I can count.

Comment

Aldwyn seems to be around for the time being and we shouldn't scare him/her away with skepticism. I'm almost always around and I can say I've seen Aldwyn on the who list atleast 5 or 6 days this week. And several small things have been updated. i.e the ranged weapons success thing as well as a change to the Warmonger Helpfile.

Comment

Allowing multi-casted lairs to have more than one caste mine. I.e. Usuichii's lab doesn't have an iron or mana mine because the entrance is undead.

Comment

I also would like to see this idea put in.

Comment

This idea too!

Comment

Allowing multi-casted lairs to have more than one caste mine. I.e. Usuichii's lab doesn't have an iron or mana mine because the entrance is undead.
                        From my observations over the years, it appears that the layout of resources is determined the moment a stairway is built down to a level. However of course currently the caste is strictly determined by the lair entrance. I personally could see a mechanic being added to randomize which caste these are IF at the time of digging down to the floor in question the clan leader is a diplomat.
                        Archimage
                        Formerly known as Lord of Silence
                        Formerly Head of Administrative Affairs for Usuichii's Lab
                        Formerly a member of the Dark Dragoons.
                        Formerly leader and master architect of the Labyrinth.

Comment

It's just silly that there is -no- chance to have an extra type of caste resource unless you build next to an old lair. Grendel just decided when you built your lair that you shalt forth and forever have one caste resource and it shall be so?

Comment

Above ground structures-

Market- A clan could have a market erected above ground and clan shaman could add potions. Clan members could items etc. Other clans/WM's could come buy the items from the market and the clan would have the resource costs go to their hoard. Possibly a -small- favor point gain for the sellers. (Not sure about this part because someone with double hoarding and an alt could just list a bunch of crap.)

Shrine- A clan could erect a shrine to Grendel. Anyone could come pray at this shrine for the greater good of the community. The shrine would give a small bonus to combat abilities. Shaman could sacrifice at these shrines to boost the power of the shrine.

Above ground quarry's- Solves issues of being unable to have more than one caste resource in a lair. A miner could erect a temporary mine at a resource node. (Most likely Humanoid's could only do gold, stone, iron. Chimera gold, stone, mana. Undead- Gold, stone, shadow.

Statue's- Builders could erect statue's of monsters around the world to ward off meagre pink skins and to revere the greatest of Grendel's Children.

Comment

Above ground quarry's- Solves issues of being unable to have more than one caste resource in a lair. A miner could erect a temporary mine at a resource node. (Most likely Humanoid's could only do gold, stone, iron. Chimera gold, stone, mana. Undead- Gold, stone, shadow.
                              I say forget the structure part. Just give us the ability to mine there...could add another excuse to fight eachother. Builders would be fighting eachother for surface resource nodes...especially if we got a larger playerbase.
                              Archimage
                              Formerly known as Lord of Silence
                              Formerly Head of Administrative Affairs for Usuichii's Lab
                              Formerly a member of the Dark Dragoons.
                              Formerly leader and master architect of the Labyrinth.

Comment

Working...
                              X