Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

New Ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have the hooman city, but the stupid carpet people won't let us in...

Comment

Builders with demolitions should be able to rig their grunts for suicide bombings.

Comment

Originally posted by Herdias86 View Post
        Builders with demolitions should be able to rig their grunts for suicide bombings.

I totally want grunts that explode on command, dood.

No one will get that reference...
        -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

New grunt command:

Command grunt to report

Show's HP, Stats, Combat abilities, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
            No one will get that reference...
            Uh, prinnies dood. DOOOOOOOO*ASPLODE*

Comment

Originally posted by Rythgen View Post
              Uh, prinnies dood. DOOOOOOOO*ASPLODE*

*sniffles* *bro-hug*

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Resources Revamped

Lairs-
                • Resource costs for building dependant on builders skill. This could go either way. Either more to build at lower levels because the builder is sloppy and unefficient or less at lower levels of building but increased durability with ranks and reinforcement.
                • Lair upkeep- Cost scale with size, infamy, etc of a clan. It's much easier to keep a small 10 person lair running than a fully operational 120 person lair. Resources are constantly in demand to repair the heavy traffic of a large scale clan.
                • Larger upkeep costs for minions- Based on activity from each payment period. I.E. Joe the troll gains five levels. Phil the Mummy who only gained 2 levels but was the same level as Joe at the beginning of the payment cycle gets paid less cause he's a slacker.
                • Teleporters- A teleportation device is something not to be taken lightly. The upkeep of a constant array of teleporters is taxing on a lair. (They're hard to fix!) A fee is assessed to the clan's hoard each time one is used to power it.
                • Alms to Grendel- Donating to your clans temple to show your reverance to Grendel. Similar to the immortality tomb, donating precious resources could provide you with some good karma. (This should be based on a specific time frame, and provide less and less karma each time you do it. Grendel doesn't like it when you try to buy his love.)
                • Larger storage rooms- Every lair I've been in has had piles that look similar to this...You see nothing extraordinary about a pile of loot. It contains 3083387 gold, 28367582 stone, 9399789 iron, 2603106 mana, and 2169903 shadow. That's unnesecary. Increase holding capacities on storage rooms.

Stores-

Above ground stores that an NPC monster could enchant, build, forge, bottle, etc anything you want for a fee. Tired of running through the arena hoping for that one special enchantment?

For X gold and X of your caste resource, MakeyMcMaker the Crafty Ghoul can enchant for you.

Providing materials for what you want could possibly lower the fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozmo View Post
                  I think it would be interesting to introduce a Hall for us monsters to raid.

Think about it. Beowulf, a Geat, came to the Spear-Danes' aid because he heard far and wide that Grendel had been attacking Hall Heorot on a nightly basis. The whole concept of Grendel as a monster is based around nightly raids on human turf, not the other way around. While it's nice to be hunted by uglies, I think it would feel more monstrous to be able to make the decision to raid a mead-hall.

I'm not sure where they would put the mead-hall, but that's for brainstorming. The ability to prepare and attack a Hall would be glorious - slaughtering mass amounts of uglies until you feel you're about to die, then retreating off into the night with the spoils of bodies you collected. It'd be an interesting device for roleplay and 'testing might'.

Just a thought.
                  ever since the blasted beowuld slew our lord, we've been the hunted, henceforth we have not had the time or resources to attack the nearest mead hall, but fortunately Uthgol is a continent the humans are not familiar with and is favored by Grendel so we dont have to worry about losing it to uglies(though i wouldnt be surprised if the humans became cocky and decided to build a mead hall in the hills near their city that we may be sadistic enough to raid *cough*event*cough*)
                  A stratus wizard says, "Perhaps I will make a potion from your bones."
                  [Success: 771, Roll: 642] A stratus wizard tries to touch you with an icy finger, but misses.
                  You moan to a stratus wizard, "perhaps i'll make a potion from your mom!"

Comment

A few thoughts I've had about leaders. One being the whole 'big pet' archetype that you've all seen pop up when you get to the final boss -- That huge creature that he commands to fight for him.

So imagine an ability where a leader (possibly pure) is able to summon a specific creature to his side to protect him, much like we are able to summon grunts or warriors. The creature would be caste specific, and much like golems; would 'die' when discharged so that it couldn't be shared.

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Working...
                    X