Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Ideas for Usuichii's labyrinth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for Usuichii's labyrinth.

As of now, this is just a work in progress and will be announced ICly when we complete it. But basically...we will be making a floor specifically for force teleportation. This floor will be extremely dangerous (traps, quagmires, etc) but the risk of being sent here will be worth it if you can complete the maze or tasks at hand.

Depending on what paths you take through the maze you'll have opportunity's to escape via scrolls or potions, die a horrible death, or be rewarded with magical items, powerful potions, or armor.

Our idea behind this is to make force teleportation in battles not so one-sided and cruel, give an opportunity for folks to test their mettle for a reward, and provide a fun new aspect of the game.

Working within the restraints of the gameworld, what would you folks like to see as part of this?

So far our ideas are:
    • Different paths of success or failure.
    • Different levels of reward depending on the risk of the path you take.
    • Paths would be labeled via rune doors which would be unlocked.
    • I wanted to have riddles written on parchments and have the answer be the password for locked rune doors but we can't write on parchment so unless I we posted the riddles on a IC map in the forums that wouldn't work.
    • Provide options of escape at mid points if you feel that you can't make it through or just don't want to be in there and suicide isn't an option.

Let's get some more ideas going so we can give the rest of the gameworld a fun time.

Originally posted by Herdias86 View Post
    • I wanted to have riddles written on parchments and have the answer be the password for locked rune doors but we can't write on parchment so unless I we posted the riddles on a IC map in the forums that wouldn't work.
    Post the riddle on the rune door as part of it's name.
    SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Originally posted by Smarmy View Post
      Post the riddle on the rune door as part of it's name.

It's a bit spammy, but we might. Chances are I won't do riddles, but rather just work to confuse them with design of the floor(s) instead.

Another issue with this is people marking it and doing what they can to get everything inside, then destroy it. I fully expect this to happen, but keep in mind I may not decide to continue doing this and supplying it with enchanted items if I have to content with it being pillaged and destroyed constantly. We'll see.
      -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Working...
      X