Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

GR - Moving to Free-To-Play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artair View Post
    *walks in with a hammer and nails a large post with the words displaying "Don't feed the Giant" into the ground*
    Smarmy is NOT FAT! And she needs all the carbs she can get to fuel her gigantic body! What's it to you anyhow? Smarmy just might think she needs a pretty new tiger rug.
    SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

I would have to assume, its probably impossible due to no longer being supported. They would have to get a fresh GM. Who would have to have some knowledge of the GR coding system. Not like they can use TEC staffers for help anymore(or at least rarely). Since GR isn't profitable for skotos as a company, well, not profitable enough. Having to train a new GM, with their already limited time isn't exactly gonna be easy?
      They could pick me!

Comment

I think the mission is to attract more players, not run the remaining ones off.

Comment

They don't have to -tell- people I'm fixing up the code.

Comment

I'm sure GR is profitable, it's just a matter of how profitable, and in light of what was a pretty dire server failure (by the sound of it), it made them question it.

Ultimately, they an awesome choice. Now it's just a matter of how we take advantage of it, and get GR to a better state.
            -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

I would never want to be a GM. It ruins the game for me.
              Originally posted by Usuichii
              Vyshka the Wyvern hisses to a round silver mirror, "Rythvea"

If you say it three times, they say they'll come after you that night.
              Originally posted by fiendish_thingy
              They say the last thing you notice before you die is the faint smell of cinnamon and bacon.
              Originally posted by kaoslace
              I find your lack of doughnuts disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dvea View Post
                I would never want to be a GM. It ruins the game for me.
                Right. Because then you'd have to bring donuts for everyone.

Where's my donut?
                SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
                  I'm sure GR is profitable, it's just a matter of how profitable, and in light of what was a pretty dire server failure (by the sound of it), it made them question it.

Ultimately, they an awesome choice. Now it's just a matter of how we take advantage of it, and get GR to a better state.
                  I'm sure they're making 200 bucks a month off of the people like Smarmy, You, Itus, Most of the commited GR players have more than one account, due to the so many possible character types, and the ability to play both at once, Even I did at one point, I kinda miss my warrior.

But, my point was really, the only Gm's we will get will most likely be fresh to the coding process for GR. Causing them to need training from Wyr and Ald, when they do have time to be around.

*points at the dont feed the giants sign.*

If I had to guess, Pence might be taking up more coding and less plots, I believe Cyan is still running around as well.

Edit: As I say this, I log on to see Cyan on the who, HI CYAN.
                  Last edited by Artair; 02-15-2012, 06:26 PM. Reason: Lolz.

Comment

*points at the dont feed the giants sign.*
                    There will be a tiger hunt Thursday. Who's coming with me?
                    SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Hard to tell really, Wyr said that already had one being made before this happen, But Shannon made it out like they couldnt do it till they find the guy.
                      There's two parts to it - the part that is GR-specific, and the part that is Skotos-specific. We have everything done on the GR side.

Also, GM's have special tools for making donuts for everyone, but some of us can't get them to come out right. I think we would need someone with special experience in the area to make it truly worthwhile.
                      Wyrhtan, Grendel's Revenge GameMaster

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrhtan View Post
                        GM's have special tools for making donuts for everyone.
                        Mmmm... donuts.... **drools**
                        SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrhtan View Post
                          Also, GM's have special tools for making donuts for everyone, but some of us can't get them to come out right. I think we would need someone with special experience in the area to make it truly worthwhile.
                          Siiigh.. no one ever reads zoo signs

Comment

Working...
                          X