Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

GR - Moving Forward

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GR - Moving Forward

Thanks to recent events, GR should be free to play soon (we hope.) Already, activity is going up in-game, and hype is building again. If we want to return GR to a state like it was before, several things need to happen, including things that are out of our hands as players.

But a majority of it is still up to us. Out of all of the Skotos games, GR retains one of the largest number of hopeful returning players. I guarantee that any person reading this post right now -- even if you don't play GR -- knows at least one person that would play/return to GR at the mention of free to play, and an active who list.

Once GR goes free to play, it's up to us to spread the word. From about 5 other players I've spoken to, I can gather there are already a growing number of people aware of recent events, and more than willing to return. It might be worth considering a specific date for a mass-emailing after GR goes free.
    -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Well, tonight's who list is encouraging.

Grendel's Minions

Korky the Ogre Usuichii the Vampire
    Yelpi the Lich Endall the Vampire
    Dvea the Minotaur Edamas the Haunt
    Babayaga the Hag
    Given that the free accounts haven't yet been implemented (as far as I've heard), this means at least six paying accounts are active at the same time, which by recent standards is pretty outstanding. Let's hope for an even more active playerbase after free accounts go live.
    player for
    Sunfire the Phoenix,
    Edamas the Haunt
    and others...

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTG View Post
      Well, tonight's who list is encouraging.

Given that the free accounts haven't yet been implemented (as far as I've heard), this means at least six paying accounts are active at the same time, which by recent standards is pretty outstanding. Let's hope for an even more active playerbase after free accounts go live.
      Code:
      Grendel's Minions

Usuichii the Vampire                   Korky the Ogre                      
       Kalima the Impish Vampire              Gerared the Kobold                  
       Klek the Scarab                        Smarmy the Giant                    
       Zanzibar the Phoenix                   Babayaga the Hag

Our average number of players seems to go up every night. It's definitely encouraging, and it's not even free yet.
      -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

I've been playing since GR joined the skotos team, and I'm glad to say I'm back.

I saw Shannon's post and didn't want to let this gem bite the dust, so I paid for my account right away. I would love to see an influx of old players when it goes free to play, but it also wouldn't be bad to see an influx of loyal players paying for a basic.

Let's keep GR alive!!!

Comment

In fact, I just turned Salamander today. WOOT!

Comment

Working...
          X