Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Pure Undead Clan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Undead Clan

Just gauging people's interest.
    Yes
    77.78%
    No
    5.56%
    Undecided
    16.67%
    <Pandarus thinks aloud: Oh Ereal's blazing jewels, I'm on my way.>

Only if they're worth fighting. Back in the days of Rozial, Tarvok and Exodias the Horde got as good as we gave. I honestly don't see that happening these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Rythgen View Post
      Only if they're worth fighting. Back in the days of Rozial, Tarvok and Exodias the Horde got as good as we gave. I honestly don't see that happening these days.
      I don't know.. with the free to play option, I don't see why we can't get a strong enough interest to do it, and do it right.

Comment

Being that the game usually has more undead online than chimera and humanoid combined, it would be easy to start a pure undead clan up.

Comment

Originally posted by ryck View Post
          Being that the game usually has more undead online than chimera and humanoid combined, it would be easy to start a pure undead clan up.
          Yes, at the great expense of the existing clans.
          SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Yes, please.
            <Zetsu the Vampire grumbles: [ GR's like meth... you try it once and for the next 10 years you're still hooked to it no matter how bad it gets ]>

Comment

I can promise that the laboratory will take great pleasure in an increase of pre-categorized subjects that just happen to all be in one location.
              -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Originally posted by Smarmy View Post
                This is something that I would rather avoid, if at all possible. If there's enough interest, I'd like to help build a pure clan, but I don't want to hurt the existing clans by doing such.
                Last edited by Lucentius; 03-18-2013, 06:40 PM. Reason: I don't know what I meant by "Proper interest" let's try it as "enough interest"

Comment

Originally posted by Smarmy View Post
                  And how is this, exactly? Right now, we have one clan that has a larger population than all of the rest combined. Not only that, but correct me if I'm wrong-- aren't the Mercs and the Scoundrels allies of the Dragoons? So we effectively have one mega-clan vs a clan less than 1/3 its size (though, granted, with a very active group of characters.)

I'd like to see a change, and I think a pure clan might be a step in the right direction. A third party with ideals radically different from those represented currently in Uthgol. I don't even care if that means we'd loose a few undead from the Lab-- a reshuffling of alliances and more options would do the whole community good.
                  Originally posted by Rythgen
                  Fiendy could witstomp you into oblivion.

<Vyshka the Wyvern grumbles: {Hecate wins the internet. Forever.}>

Comment

I agree with fiendy.
                    <Usuichii the Vampire grumbles: [Still there, or be ye a ghost?]>
                    <Usuichii the Vampire grumbles: [Or worse, Zetsu?]>

Comment

Definitely at the cost of other clans. Losing members, causing strife, stirring things up? The Dragoons are still large enough to be fine, and the Lab will always have its small number of solid players. Having a third clan in the middle of everything would definitely be interesting.

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

I should probably finish my last project by the end of the week and then I'll be playing gr in one way or another. If you guys are going through with this, I'd be interested. Would you be interested to maybe shoot me some pms about the point of the undead clan? It's goals, so on?

It will help me create a character for it. I'd probably stay away from leadership roles or any roles that require heavy activity.
                        I must not lag. Lag is the game-killer. Lag is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my lag. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the lag has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

<Toasty the Gryphon grumbles: [ I had a visual of Lurekus as, like .. a mummified Mr. Clean.. ]>

Comment

Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
                          Definitely at the cost of other clans. Losing members, causing strife, stirring things up? The Dragoons are still large enough to be fine, and the Lab will always have its small number of solid players. Having a third clan in the middle of everything would definitely be interesting.
                          The Mercs and Scoundrels are sorely in need of members. Take even one or two from them, and the whole lair will be empty. The alliance will fail, as only the Dragoons will survive. The alliance exists for a very basic reason. Without it, the Dragoons will also begin to have certain resource problems.

I AM for race-specific clans, but I don't think it is possible at this time, due to the lack of regular players.
                          SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Clan war fare increases the number of active players. If you create a pure undead clan, some people would play more often just to be in that clan. Some people would play more for the chance at lair raids and big fane battles. Whenever there is an event, player or story guide run, players suddenly show up in droves.

Comment

Originally posted by ryck View Post
                              Clan war fare increases the number of active players. If you create a pure undead clan, some people would play more often just to be in that clan. Some people would play more for the chance at lair raids and big fane battles. Whenever there is an event, player or story guide run, players suddenly show up in droves.
                              I couldn't have said it better myself. Every event sees 15-20ish people online. Late weekends (and Mondays for the weirdest of reasons) sees good activity as well. GR has a huge lurker community waiting for the right reasons to return -- that was incredibly obvious during the first two months of freebie accounts. A three-way war is a great reason to return.

And it'd also bring in more people for both the Mercs and the Scoundrels, not just take from them.

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Working...
                              X