Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Shaping Uthgol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Burninator
    replied
    I would rather see more new things in Uthgol instead of the human city. New secrets and revivals of old events are also great ideas (like the caste items?).

Something else I really feel is necessary are endgame activities. Once you max out, unless there are other people on to do things with, you're logging in to just stand around. If you can hunt, maybe you hunt just for some extra favors or karma, but it's still really boring. Right now I can't think of any suggestions but maybe someone else has some.

Leave a comment:

• Anuu
    replied
    Originally posted by ryck View Post
    A good how to get started set of instructions would be awesome! Trying to get a new player to join this game is hard when they have to deal with setting up a client based on which browser they have, how to do deal with skotos wanting you to pay for your account, ect. Also, a good description of social versus wander and class versus class.
    I think this is a great idea. Something like this should be put of the main GR site.

Leave a comment:

• ryck
    replied
    A good how to get started set of instructions would be awesome! Trying to get a new player to join this game is hard when they have to deal with setting up a client based on which browser they have, how to do deal with skotos wanting you to pay for your account, ect. Also, a good description of social versus wander and class versus class.

Leave a comment:

• StUnTmOnKeYaRaM
    replied
    I've just recently returned, but, I do want to know what the magical humans on flying carpets are protecting so dearly that you can't even try to dodge past them.

Leave a comment:

• Anuu
    replied
    I think I speak for most players when I say that I am definitely interested in new secrets revealed and old events revived. For example, the Mantis statue still exists. Why not do something with it?

There are parts of Uthgol that seem like they hide something greater. The Giant Head and the Basilisk Cave must hold some major secret. Or maybe it did in the past and it was lost?

I think Uthgol has a ton of area for new content. Swathes of mountains border Uthgol. Maybe there is a hidden area withing the Mountains.

About the Uglies - they attack us all the time. What are they working on in their off time? An outpost? A giant war machine?

Between Monsters - Our clans feud (mostly Dragoons vs The Lab). Take the Rune or a rune-like item, and give it to the clans to fight over. The clan to hold it longest reaps the rewards. Emblem of Power, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Pence
    started a topic Shaping Uthgol

Shaping Uthgol

Grendel's Revenge has been building momentum here recently with events and updates, and we're quite pleased with the progress that we're making as we work our way through our to-do lists toward bigger projects and bigger happenings in Uthgol.

While we do certainly have a lot on our plates, we also want to give players a chance to expand Uthgol through their own actions and characters they've developed. For that reason, I'm opening a discussion thread.

In Grendel's Revenge, we have a large number of creative people that have spent years building stories, and while we have things planned for the future that will help them expand on that, for right now, we want to offer the simple chance for the GR community to build its own event.

What do I need to do?

Put simply, discuss what areas of Uthgol you want to see expanded on, or talk about past/current events you want to see more of. In this thread, suggest to us what you want to see happen. Do you want to know more about Isolde and the human nation? Past stories revived? Do you want to learn more about Uthgol, or see new secrets pulled to the surface?

There are ongoing stories happening in Uthgol right now, and very soon everyone should see the pacing of these events increase as we have more trained hands on deck to see them through. Until then, take this chance to grab Uthgol and alter it.

I will be actively reading and responding to this thread to help everyone understand and use it. Again, the intention here is to give tools to you, the players, to create something large. Whether or not that happens, or how it happens, is up to you.
Working...
X

Debug Information