Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Shaping Uthgol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvea
    replied
    Originally posted by Smarmy View Post
    Right. Now imagine emerging from said ruins with oozing green boils, radiation poisoning, an insane urge to laugh... "Ahee." ... "Ahee hee...."
    Hahahahaha.

Leave a comment:

• Smarmy
    replied
    Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
    More and more, I really like the idea of rewarding clans and grumbles for surviving a long period of time with RP related stuff. Custom structures (cosmetic), customized grunts, statues, maybe even landmarks in Uthgol. Imagine finding remains of Usuichii's older labs strewn throughout Uthgol, filled with decaying halls, abandoned documents, and maybe even a few experiments.
    Right. Now imagine emerging from said ruins with oozing green boils, radiation poisoning, an insane urge to laugh... "Ahee." ... "Ahee hee...."

Leave a comment:

• Usuichii
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirky View Post
    I like the idea for this to only apply to large, long lived clans. Perhaps a combination of clan influence, # of unique players, and time in existence? For example only a clan that had say 10k+ influence, with at least 20 unique players, for 1 or more years would qualify, but could only do it through a request to a GM?
    More and more, I really like the idea of rewarding clans and grumbles for surviving a long period of time with RP related stuff. Custom structures (cosmetic), customized grunts, statues, maybe even landmarks in Uthgol. Imagine finding remains of Usuichii's older labs strewn throughout Uthgol, filled with decaying halls, abandoned documents, and maybe even a few experiments.

Leave a comment:

• Dirky
    replied
    Originally posted by Dvea View Post
    I like this idea (not only because of the statue *primps*) but because the historical aspect. But, it should only be implemented for clans that have reached a certain threshold in growth so not every tom, dick and harry clan of 2 members result in 100 permanent impacts all over.
    I like the idea for this to only apply to large, long lived clans. Perhaps a combination of clan influence, # of unique players, and time in existence? For example only a clan that had say 10k+ influence, with at least 20 unique players, for 1 or more years would qualify, but could only do it through a request to a GM?

Leave a comment:

• Smarmy
    replied
    it should only be implemented for clans that have reached a certain threshold in growth so not every tom, dick and harry clan of 2 members result in 100 permanent impacts all over.

Yar.

*twiddles her thumbs*

Leave a comment:

• Dvea
    replied
    Originally posted by Kikaro View Post
    I think it'd be cool if clans could build structures above ground after they expand so much. Leaving a permanent impact on the realm. Imagine if this was implemented years ago how many temples/ruins/etc would be littered around the plains of Letum from all the undead clans that have fought over that area. I could see this as someone new coming to the game and stumbling upon a statue of Rythgen and Dvea fighting a horde of humans on Horde island. Or a toxic waste dump above Usuichii's laboratory from all the experimental waste. Something personal to the clan.
    I like this idea (not only because of the statue *primps*) but because the historical aspect. But, it should only be implemented for clans that have reached a certain threshold in growth so not every tom, dick and harry clan of 2 members result in 100 permanent impacts all over.

Leave a comment:

• Smarmy
    replied
    Originally posted by Kikaro View Post
    Or a toxic waste dump above Usuichii's laboratory from all the experimental waste.
    This made me laugh while sipping a drink... **wipes soda from keyboard and monitor.**

Leave a comment:

• Kikaro
    replied
    I think it'd be cool if clans could build structures above ground after they expand so much. Leaving a permanent impact on the realm. Imagine if this was implemented years ago how many temples/ruins/etc would be littered around the plains of Letum from all the undead clans that have fought over that area. I could see this as someone new coming to the game and stumbling upon a statue of Rythgen and Dvea fighting a horde of humans on Horde island. Or a toxic waste dump above Usuichii's laboratory from all the experimental waste. Something personal to the clan.

Leave a comment:

• CornFed
    replied
    In an effort to encourage Clan vs Clan conflict how about creating an item or items that can be housed in a clans lair. They could function like the Fanes giving a boost to the clan or lair.

Of course you would need to figure the WM's into it somehow.

Leave a comment:

• The Burninator
    replied
    Originally posted by Anuu View Post
    Endgame activity? Something like a boss ugly? Or a line of quests?
    I like this idea - anyone have any suggestions?
    Well not necessarily a superboss but quests are a great idea. Item fetch quests, quests that involve NPCs that can temporarily appear or is just an emote that pops up when the character enters a certain area, or whatever. Rewards to these quests also need to be decent, to make it worth taking the time to do them.

Newbie help is something else I wanted to bring up but forgot about. The tutorial needs to be updated (unless it has already, I'll admit I always skip it now), as does the main site and help files.

I think one of the best ideas posed so far is the Player Scion idea from Dvea. But I do have one concern about the methods of obtaining these special titles. Only regularly active players should be able to have these titles since there may be a limited number, I really don't want another T7 fiasco.

Oh hey, I managed to mention T7s without erupting into a rant. We're only 6 months and 1 day late to the end of the world.

Leave a comment:

• Pence
    replied
    Regarding end game for maxed characters of each caste and class - becoming scions.
    I like this. This ultimately comes down to how Scions will be handled in the future, but I'll be keeping it in mind.

If there are any more suggestions, feel free to keep them coming. Remember that the intention here is to help influence the future of events in Grendel's Revenge, however. In what direction do you want to see them going most?

Leave a comment:

• Smarmy
    replied
    I'm a little brain dead right now.
    Just now?

Leave a comment:

• Dvea
    replied
    Originally posted by Anuu View Post
    I do.

Regarding end game for maxed characters of each caste and class - becoming scions.

Scion of Knowledge
    Scion of Spirits
    Scion of War
    Etc.

Open up x amount of scion titles that can be claimed or fought for (depending on class. Warriors fight for it. Leaders get it based on number of minions or whatever. Shamans get it based on number of max health healed or something). These titles are strictly role play based, a status symbol, something for people to strive for and to act as role models (as a scion should be) for their caste and class.

Since we have a capped amount of top tier titles for wanderers which are also only available to wanderers, I think it might help the game to give something similar to all monsters, but something that is role play only and gives no mechanical advantage. Because the wanderer titles are always taken, those who aren't part of it find it hard to strive towards being second best. Putting out these roleplaying scion titles, might increase motivation of non-maxed players to reach an end game for the prestige of these titles and honor of roleplaying it while also giving something to maxed characters that currently have nothing to do.

This was an idea I had floating about for some time but never managed to flesh out fully. So I'll just put it out there. Sorry if its not explained coherently, I'm a little brain dead right now.

Leave a comment:

• Pence
    replied
    Something else I really feel is necessary are endgame activities.
    End-game is totally high on our list of things to concentrate on. Most of our larger updates are going to be focusing on end-game in one way or another. However, this isn't exactly story related. I will say though that I see events themselves as a part of the end-game, as I see monsters and humans struggling against each other (among other things) something that would be ongoing.

A good how to get started set of instructions would be awesome!
    Updating the help files remains one on our to-do list items, though somewhat lower down on the list as we focus on actual core changes and additions to GR. Again though, not necessarily story related, which is where we're focusing for this thread. One thing that has been suggested before would be some kind of library, which perhaps could be an in-character method of players getting some of this information.

I've just recently returned, but, I do want to know what the magical humans on flying carpets are protecting so dearly that you can't even try to dodge past them.
    I would rather see more new things in Uthgol instead of the human city. New secrets and revivals of old events are also great ideas (like the caste items?).
    Isolde is the front line settlement of the combined human nations, and the center of lots of activity for the humans. What goes on inside their walls, and what may come out, are things that will be coming up soon and throughout most future events.

For me, I think the human dynamic in Grendel's Revenge is very big, and I see them as the antagonist alongside other monsters. There are powerful forces pushing their way into Uthgol, and their intentions aren't known just yet. What are some of your past or recent experiences with humans that made you really hop into your character, that made you upset, or really feel you could get into your role. What humans seemed to threaten Uthgol the most, or appear to be capable of doing so?

Leave a comment:

• Anuu
    replied
    Something else I really feel is necessary are endgame activities. Once you max out, unless there are other people on to do things with, you're logging in to just stand around. If you can hunt, maybe you hunt just for some extra favors or karma, but it's still really boring. Right now I can't think of any suggestions but maybe someone else has some.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X