Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Issues, issues, and more issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues, issues, and more issues.

So yesterday, I couldn't get the favors to go through. Today, my IE automatically tries to open zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net/monsters_login/Zealotry
    instead of the basic client. Why is this happening? I can't log in, and need some help, thank you.

It sounds like your Internet Explorer might not be identifying itself in its usual way.

Are you still using IE10?

Either way, try each of these links in a new window or tab - do either of them work?

http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...gin/index.php3
    http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

I'll see if I can identify why your browser might not be showing up as Internet Explorer, or if perhaps something else is going on.
    Wyrhtan, Grendel's Revenge GameMaster

Comment

I'd bet you went to IE11, which chooses to misidentify itself as "Netscape" (believe it or not) ... and so would call up the Netscape (Zealotry) client.

If that's what's going on for you, let me know, and I can make some changes to our client files under the assumption that you can then test them. (I can't because I don't currently have access to an OS that supports IE11.)

Comment

WHOOOTTT!!! It seems the big guys are reading forums now... so I will bring this up... I haven't been able to use Alice in IE since January sometime. I don't know WHAT happened. I have tried reloading IE, all different versions, Deleting Alice, and other things. What happens when I try? Let's see...

Help?
        SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Is it IE11?

Comment

Um... no... it's IE 8.

<.< yeah.
            SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

(Un)fortunately, IE8 is a known-working browser for Alice. I just double-checked it and it's good.

There are many reasons that you could be having problems, and the best solution would be to figure out what you changed just before it broke.

IE security settings are one option. You can go to Tools > Internet Options, click the Security tab, click Trust Sites, click Sites, uncheck the "Require server verification" and then add http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net to the list. But it could also be that you've cut off ActiveX clients or something else.

If that doesn't work (and I give it a maybe 25% change) you can email ce@skotos.net with more info like exact browser version, exact OS version, and precise time you're connecting (including time zone) and I can see if there's any other advice I can give ... but I'm a bit underwater with the machine moves right now, so it might be a bit slow.

Comment

I did upgrade to windows 8.1 and IE 11. Thanks for the link for the alice client. It works.

Comment

Blah. I don't see the alice client in my list of toolbars and controls, anywhere... and I am not prompted to download it when the window (as pictured above) opens. GRRRR. Where can I download the skotos alice client?
                  SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Originally posted by Smarmy View Post
                    Blah. I don't see the alice client in my list of toolbars and controls, anywhere... and I am not prompted to download it when the window (as pictured above) opens. GRRRR. Where can I download the skotos alice client?
                    You shouldn't need to Download it. It's all automagic.

Comment

** Gives up on Alice **
                      SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

People still use IE for web browsing and not just for downloading Firefox? Am I in Wonderland?

Comment

Chrome's an idiot when it comes to Java. It works on some and not on others. I just use IE for GR/TEC.

Thanks for the Alice link. Been looking for it for a month or two now.

Edit: Can't get the windows to work for leveling stats. What's the quick way again?
                          Last edited by Telvanni Guard; 05-24-2014, 08:22 AM.
                          Flamboyant

Comment

Originally posted by Telvanni Guard View Post

Edit: Can't get the windows to work for leveling stats. What's the quick way again?
                            FAVOR ATTRIBUTE <attribute> #
                            FAVOR SPECIALABILITY <abilityname> #

There's a trick to ability names that are two words, but I forget what it is and I'm at work so I can't check.
                            <Pandarus thinks aloud: Oh Ereal's blazing jewels, I'm on my way.>

Comment

Originally posted by ShannonA View Post
                              You shouldn't need to Download it. It's all automagic.
                              Then something is really screwed up with my IE settings. Or something.
                              SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Working...
                              X