Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Forum Lurkers -- What would bring you back to GR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Lurkers -- What would bring you back to GR?

As the title implies: this poll is for people that still check the forum on occasion but are no longer active in the game. I'm asking that those few who are still actively playing GR to refrain from casting a vote. Clearly, these are all things that we would like to see happen, but I am curious to know what factors are most important to a players that might consider a return if certain conditions are met.

Feel free to elaborate below, particularly if you selected "other."
    Frequent Events
    13.33%
    More Clans
    6.67%
    Repaired Mechanics (flawed abilities, stuff never fully implemented, etc.)
    20.00%
    New Mechanics (new abilities, ways to gain favor, etc.)
    26.67%
    New Content (new regions to explore, new enemies, etc.)
    0%
    Expanded Free Accounts (lifting some of the restrictions, adding a character slot, etc.)
    13.33%
    Seeing some familiar names return (let's face it, it helps.)
    20.00%
    Other (please comment below)
    0%
    Portrait courtesy of Vattukatt

Without voting, I'm going to say that the main reason I've seen people decline to return is the lack of players. GR, at it's core, is a roleplaying game. Without people to interact with, the game can get old very fast.
    Flamboyant

Comment

I would also like to mention: I ran out of space on option 3 (Repaired Mechanics). Some of the things I wanted to include as examples are ineffective abilities (like Wards), unimplemented/partially implemented mechanics (like writing notes), and updated help files (most of the information in them are misleading or flat-out wrong, and I can see where that can be a point of frustration for new and returning players alike).

Comment

Bumping this.

We've had many sudden returners, but I also see many "guests" roaming the forum.

Comment

Working...
        X