Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Above ground mining

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Above ground mining

So...we just almost accidentally started a clan war because we couldn't mine shadow from an abandoned lair or an above ground structure and tried to break into a lair that had a shadow deposit. Mechanics causing IC reactions is dumb. My grunts can survive most fights above ground can we please have the ability to mine at above ground deposits?

Why can't we mine in abandoned lair mines? We used to be able to.
    SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Lacking resources and having to invade another clan's lair to get them? That sounds ideal to me. An alternative could be to set up trade with another clan or a WM, too.
      -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

While the idea of clan invasion is nice IC-wise, it would make sense to be able to mine the above-ground deposits. If that is not why they are there, then why are they there?
        Originally posted by Usuichii
        Anuu, Master of Scrolls. All of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuu View Post
          While the idea of clan invasion is nice IC-wise, it would make sense to be able to mine the above-ground deposits. If that is not why they are there, then why are they there?
          Wanderers can 'eat' from their caste ore to recover health, but only once per day at each.
          SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Oh that is awesome, never knew that!
            Originally posted by Usuichii
            Anuu, Master of Scrolls. All of them.

Comment

A few things:

Deposits also serve as safe havens where characters can take a break during hunts (humans can walk into there, but at least they won't spawn there). I would strongly prefer not to have to worry about someone's grunts every time I wander over to a deposit. To avoid a situation where there's a grunt stationed at almost every resource deposit in Uthgol, there should definitely be some restrictions. Perhaps only above-ground mines within the lair's zone of command can be mined? It would give incentive for mixed clans to take deposit locations into account when building a lair. Whether close to the lair or not, I also don't think that loot mined should go directly into the clan's coffers but instead into the inventories of the mining grunts.

That or, you know, make it possible to find mines underground of all three castes. Have a pure undead clan and find a iron deposit? You could use those stockpiles as leverage with the humanoids, etc.
              Originally posted by Rythgen
              Fiendy could witstomp you into oblivion.

<Vyshka the Wyvern grumbles: {Hecate wins the internet. Forever.}>

Comment

Working...
              X