Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Fanes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanes

I was thinking that it would be nice if, when a lair won a fane, that all the lair members would also hear the announcement that their lair had won the fane, no matter where they were.
    SMARMY the GIANT

Most clans that I know of let you know when they get a fane anyhow. Instead, I'd like to see other clans/WMs get a notice (or be able to check and see) when a fane is acquired by another clan, and by who.

Could maybe even be a daily Leaderboard thing.
    -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
      Most clans that I know of let you know when they get a fane anyhow. Instead, I'd like to see other clans/WMs get a notice (or be able to check and see) when a fane is acquired by another clan, and by who.

Could maybe even be a daily Leaderboard thing.
      Rather than all that, I'd much rather see a change to the stats sheet (whether it be the one you get when you type 'stats' or when you use 'ss') that lets you see what your base stats as well as what they currently are due to buffs/penalties. It would also be nice to get a breakdown of the sources of those buffs/penalties, but perhaps that's asking too much. It's especially confusing for undead- they get a huge penalty in daylight and possibly a small buff during nighttime; that makes figuring out what your actual ranks are very difficult. (I know at least one person will say "You'll know once you max them. ;D" That is unhelpful.)
      Originally posted by Rythgen
      Fiendy could witstomp you into oblivion.

<Vyshka the Wyvern grumbles: {Hecate wins the internet. Forever.}>

Comment

Originally posted by fiendish_thingy View Post
        Rather than all that, I'd much rather see a change to the stats sheet (whether it be the one you get when you type 'stats' or when you use 'ss') that lets you see what your base stats as well as what they currently are due to buffs/penalties. It would also be nice to get a breakdown of the sources of those buffs/penalties, but perhaps that's asking too much. It's especially confusing for undead- they get a huge penalty in daylight and possibly a small buff during nighttime; that makes figuring out what your actual ranks are very difficult. (I know at least one person will say "You'll know once you max them. ;D" That is unhelpful.)
        If it's worth knowing, then it's worth working for. That isn't to say something should be needlessly obfuscated, but it also shouldn't be made easy just because people want to know it.
        -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Racial and role bonuses are 10%. I.e. A savage mummy has a 20% strength bonus. There's one part of your formula figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
            If it's worth knowing, then it's worth working for. That isn't to say something should be needlessly obfuscated, but it also shouldn't be made easy just because people want to know it.

I really hope you're referring to my mention of having a breakdown of the buff/penalty sources, because I can agree that may be too much. However, knowing your characters' own base stats should not have to be "worked for". Undead example aside-- lets say you have a character of any caste and someone in your clan won a fane or two before you logged in. Unfortunately, they've already logged out and therefore can't let you know that the fanes have been claimed. If you log in frequently and know your stats well, you'll notice the change; but let's say you haven't been on in a while and need to get idea of what stats you need to be raising. This scenario should be familiar to many players who have returned sporadically in between long absences. It'd be very nice to know what your real stats are and far they actually are from maxed.
            Originally posted by Rythgen
            Fiendy could witstomp you into oblivion.

<Vyshka the Wyvern grumbles: {Hecate wins the internet. Forever.}>

Comment

Working...
            X