Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Cannot Download Zealotry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Download Zealotry

I am on a new laptop (Windows 8). When I try to download Zealotry (either version, i get the following message:

"The add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure with www.skotos.net "

Any ideas/suggestions? I am not too keen on using I.E.
    Originally posted by Usuichii
    Anuu, Master of Scrolls. All of them.

Try cursing at the computer. Sometimes that helps to alleviate the frustration. If that does not do it for you, take a hammer and beat the hell out of it. Lacking a hammer, drop it from a tall building, and cackle away. I hope this is helpful. Let us know how it goes. Is your problem solved?
    SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Did the cursing and spat on it, but to no avail. I think I hurt its feelings.

Comment

Another route: check your privacy settings. Mayhaps they are blocking something?
        SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

More helpful (hopeful) tips: Make sure that the client is enabled. Also, check out these links:
          Linky 1

Linky 2

Hope these are of some help.
          SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

I was able to install it on my new computer a couple weeks ago (Also windows 8.) is this the link you tried?

https://www.skotos.net/Zealotry/zealotry-current.xpi
            <Pandarus thinks aloud: Oh Ereal's blazing jewels, I'm on my way.>

Comment

I tried that link as well as the zealotry download page, and both give me that same message.

Comment

Connection failure. Hmm. Makes me wonder. Some internet connections (such as WIFI from schools) do not allow access to gaming sites. Perhaps this is the problem?
                SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

That's... Super weird. My suggestion? Poke ce@skotos.net about it, see if they can do anything. It's probably an issue with the newest version of Firefox, and Zealotry needs a small tweak.
                  -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Any resolution to this, Anuu?
                    <Pandarus thinks aloud: Oh Ereal's blazing jewels, I'm on my way.>

Comment

No, I still get the same message, and have received no reply to my email to ce@skotos.net.
                      I'm using alice in the mean time.

[EDIT] Here is a picture of the message:

Last edited by Anuu; 04-14-2015, 11:05 AM.

Comment

... and you have tried to dl the zealotry-current.xpi?
                        SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Yes, I've obviously tried both the current.xpi and build.xpi.
                          And again, the same message appears.

Comment

I'm super late to this. Still experiencing problems?

If all else fails, emailing ce@skotos.net about this issue will get them to look into it.
                            -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

I already have emailed ce@skotos.net, and I got no response.
                              I can try again, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X