Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

This Game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Game.

I am really sick of how dead this game continues to be, how the last update that had any shred of true importance was probably in 2012 when a bunch of skills got tweaked, and how every day I feel this depressing disappointment as I think about how this game just is not going to get better.

On this day next year I am going to delete all 6 of my characters across 3 accounts. That's one year I am going to subject myself to pointlessly hoping for some speck of light in this bottomless void that is Grendel's Revenge. By then if it isn't there, then it's time to wash my hands of this dead husk.

This is not an ultimatum to the staff, this is a sad promise from a 13-year veteran of the game who has absolutely no faith left. The worse part is, I don't really believe they care.

I'm still popping in occasionally, but the second destruction of the Sanctum lair was kind of the death-blow to my interest. It's not that I'm that upset about the loss of the resources/structures themselves (although that is always very inconvenient). It's the fact that, both times, there was absolutely no in-character interaction before, during, or after the act. No warnings, no threats, no taunts, no ultimatums...just passive-aggressive destruction. It's bad enough that the game is so dead, but if this is the kind of petty behavior to expect from the few still around, then why bother staying?

I do appreciate the rebuilding efforts, and for that I'll try to make myself more present in the game. A few constructive players around is better than none.
    Portrait courtesy of Vattukatt

Comment

Ya know, if they were willing to to take on new coders that actually wanted to contribute, it might not be sinking so far.

Comment

I'd come back for sure, if there were some active players. If anyone is interested in starting a grumble/clan message me on facebook and let me know, I hardly ever check the forums anymore.

Facebook.com/RuthlessRalimere\

Cheers.

The Wind Of Death

Comment

@Ophsidian: I'm not going to lie and say I didn't do the same thing back in the game's heyday, but back then the game was considerably active, and pretty much every clan had at least 3 builders capable of rebuilding in just an hour, and I usually limited it to a floor or two. However, it is completely UNACCEPTABLE to come into this dying game, with the few shreds of the playerbase clinging on trying to make the best of the situation, and just completely destroy the entire lair when no one's online like a deplorable coward. Whoever did it is despicable.

@Vorico: At this point I'd even accept you as long as you actually did positive things for the game.

@Falador: Since I value my privacy I don't use facebook, sorry chief :P

Comment

You silly. I plan on only making negative changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorico View Post
              You silly. I plan on only making negative changes.
              LOL!! You so funnee...
              SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Don't even wait. It'll just be another year of disappointment. Do what I did with Ironclaw. Just get SUPER drunk and pissed off. Focus on all the negative. Let the feeling stew. Once it boils over, delete it all. It feels so much better.

Comment

For any who wish to play, hunt, or interact, I will be online as much as possible. Just find me in-game!
                  Originally posted by Usuichii
                  Anuu, Master of Scrolls. All of them.

Comment

So...this is fiendish_thingy/Hecate's player. Some may have already figured that out. I wanted to keep it under wraps for as long as possible to be able to kind of RP with a clean slate in regard to pre-established IC and OOC attitudes and whatnot, but....well the game is dead. Super dead. The deadest I've ever seen it dead. If it gathered flies, well that would be the most activity I've seen in the game for months.

So I bring this up to ask: if I brought back Hecate, would anyone be down to come back and RP on a regular basis? I don't want to waste the SP on a slot swap and abandon the only clan left other than the Lab if it's not going to make a difference, though. But in that poll from a while back, "familiar faces" was one of the things that ranked highest in terms of what folks would want to see in order to draw them back to the game. So, yes? No? Maybe? Pie?
                    Portrait courtesy of Vattukatt

Comment

I am pretty involved in TEC as is. I will miss hanging out with you, but I don't see myself playing GR ever again.

Kabar the Ogre
                      Korchan the Ettin

Comment

My response is pretty late Hecate but I'm sorry.. It's going to take a constant, visible effort from the staff to make me feel like coming back will be worth it.

Comment

The sad part is even I have been popping in lately out of pure boredom from classes ending for the semester. This is even worse than when Usu and I use to be the only ones on four days out of a week.

Comment

I'm near by, but I've been forgetful about checking the forums. RL has kept me very busy the last year with events like academic changes and my mother being diagnosed with breast cancer. Everything is well, but nothing is very normal as of late.
                            -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
                              I'm near by, but I've been forgetful about checking the forums. RL has kept me very busy the last year with events like academic changes and my mother being diagnosed with breast cancer. Everything is well, but nothing is very normal as of late.
                              Sorry to hear about your mother, hope she gets better. Well as better as someone with cancer can get.

Comment

Working...
                              X