Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

This Game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artair View Post
    Sorry to hear about your mother, hope she gets better. Well as better as someone with cancer can get.
    Thanks. It's looking good, but we won't know for some time.
    -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

As a bit of an update from last month. I've been online throughout the day while I'm working (don't tell anyone) and I've actually seen a fair amount of activity...At least compared to the last year or so. Most times when I'm on there is at least one other player on and I see a few different people throughout the day. Not a bad start I don't think, hope this convinces a few others to pop by.
      Japes point towards Studgrob. A single point of light flashes from the middle of Studgrob's body, then starts growing larger until a great dome of bluish-white energy consumes him and his surroundings! 999999 points of damage! Studgrob roars a final time before dying

Japes says, "Ninja minotaurs in love."
      Japes flails.

Synchar: Toastah!
      Toasty: o.o
      Toasty: OMG, IT'S A SYNCHAR.
      <Toasty thwacks you with a rolled up newspaper.>

sgp NO LAG! *can't breath* *starts to turn blue*
      StoryGuide Damocles responds, "Just calm down. Maybe it's the start of great things."

Comment

Currently single so soon as I get the resulting money troubles figured out I plan on returning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Phantasmic View Post
          Currently single so soon as I get the resulting money troubles figured out I plan on returning.
          Where's the like button??
          SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

I've tried to come back but there's been a bit of confusion and an accidental button-press had lead to me being locked out of Marx, so I basically have to wait for a staff member who can fix things up and give me access to my account again. I was planning to try to be at least a little bit active in the game but until that happens - lord knows how long I'll be waiting for a response to an @assist/@request - I can't do much, and I definitely can't justify the cost to play with the game as quiet as it is.
            Marx the Lich
            Rykon the Dwerger

Comment

Originally posted by Fangor View Post
              I've tried to come back but there's been a bit of confusion and an accidental button-press had lead to me being locked out of Marx, so I basically have to wait for a staff member who can fix things up and give me access to my account again. I was planning to try to be at least a little bit active in the game but until that happens - lord knows how long I'll be waiting for a response to an @assist/@request - I can't do much, and I definitely can't justify the cost to play with the game as quiet as it is.
              It should let you re-select your free account the next time you log in.
              Grendel's Revenge Gamemaster

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Svyn View Post
                It should let you re-select your free account the next time you log in.
                Fantastic, all sorted now. Thank you for your help!
                Marx the Lich
                Rykon the Dwerger

Comment

Originally posted by Fangor View Post
                  Fantastic, all sorted now. Thank you for your help!
                  *Pushes the 'Like' button*
                  Korky the Ogre
                  Master Builder, Head Trapper, Mining Foreman, Demolitions Expert

Comment

After many long months of freebies-only, I have reactivated Hidaka along with a handful of alts. Good to see so many familiar faces here!
                    ひだか媛

Comment

Originally posted by Hidaka-hime View Post
                      After many long months of freebies-only, I have reactivated Hidaka along with a handful of alts. Good to see so many familiar faces here!
                      Welcome back!
                      SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

It is i... still unable to use a pc and wondering if b anyone knows how to play GR via Android.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrus View Post
                          It is i... still unable to use a pc and wondering if b anyone knows how to play GR via Android.
                          Don't think you can, GR blocks any clients that aren't the main one when you attempt to use them(Even with the right port and information, probably to prevent botting using triggers)

Comment

This is tough. But maybe the new client Wyrhtan's working on can be emulated on the Firefox/Chrome/Etc Android apps?
                            -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
                              This is tough. But maybe the new client Wyrhtan's working on can be emulated on the Firefox/Chrome/Etc Android apps?
                              The new client already runs Andorid, at least in Chrome and Firefox browsers tested so far.

I know the lack of updates has been hurting, but the difficulty in access the game certainly is an issue as well. I'll continue working to get that fixed.
                              Wyrhtan, Grendel's Revenge GameMaster

Comment

It's done. Sabine, Catobelpas, and my unknown T5 wanderer are gone. I wasn't able to delete Toasty since I don't remember the login information, but all the characters on that account may as well be deleted too. I gave a full year for some sign that this game could be saved, and we got next to nothing. Not even a reassurance from the staff. That says a lot.

I just want to say that I have the utmost respect for Ophsidian for trying her hardest to keep her clan--the ONLY active clan in the game--afloat, and could have been successful were it not for the actions of some selfish, malicious, gutter trash that waited until everyone was offline to destroy the entire lair. Not once, but multiple times, to the point she didn't even want to try anymore. Whoever did it, I hope you are extremely proud of your actions, because you cost the game a great deal and contributed to its downfall. Ophsidian, if you don't mind a bit of selfishness of my own, I hope you hang in there just in case that 0.1% chance GR revives becomes a reality. The newbies will need someone as awesome as you to help them.

I'm glad I was able to be a T7 finally, after being a part of this game for 13 years. Even though there wasn't much to do other than sit in my den or claim an uncontested fane here and there, I was glad to do it as a Rakshasa. Bye folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X