Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

This Game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sad Cato. I gave up several years ago, as you know and only recently decided to log in again and see what was going on. The unfortunate answer is not a damn thing. I will always remember fondly when this game was just getting started and everyone had such high hopes for it. Even when leader bonuses were crazy screwed up and mages basically were only good for cannon fodder and taxi services since we had no offense skills, no defense skills, and no leader bonuses.I'm glad I got to be a T7 back when there were still some players and it meant something. I'm back to T6 now and logging in once and a while and don't see any reason at all to tier back up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Catobelpas View Post
      It's done. Sabine, Catobelpas, and my unknown T5 wanderer are gone. I wasn't able to delete Toasty since I don't remember the login information, but all the characters on that account may as well be deleted too. I gave a full year for some sign that this game could be saved, and we got next to nothing. Not even a reassurance from the staff. That says a lot.

I just want to say that I have the utmost respect for Ophsidian for trying her hardest to keep her clan--the ONLY active clan in the game--afloat, and could have been successful were it not for the actions of some selfish, malicious, gutter trash that waited until everyone was offline to destroy the entire lair. Not once, but multiple times, to the point she didn't even want to try anymore. Whoever did it, I hope you are extremely proud of your actions, because you cost the game a great deal and contributed to its downfall. Ophsidian, if you don't mind a bit of selfishness of my own, I hope you hang in there just in case that 0.1% chance GR revives becomes a reality. The newbies will need someone as awesome as you to help them.

I'm glad I was able to be a T7 finally, after being a part of this game for 13 years. Even though there wasn't much to do other than sit in my den or claim an uncontested fane here and there, I was glad to do it as a Rakshasa. Bye folks.
      Wow, thank you Cato. I did wind up sticking around, but the Sanctum eventually fell to inactivity. Then Oph joined Hidaka in a new clan...which also fell to inactivity. I'm still continuing to log in from time to time, for some reason, just not as Ophsidian anymore.

I just wish we could hear some news, ANY news, even bad news, from the staff. Even if it's an announcement that they're planning to shut the game down, that's better than silence. Sorry that things wound up like this and you had to make good on that threat from a year ago. I can't bring myself to do the same.
      Portrait courtesy of Vattukatt

Comment

1. Log in.
        2. Wait 4 minutes for spawn.
        3. Roll under 50 7 times in a row.
        4. Die.
        5. Start contemplating why I'm a T5.

Comment

My availability went to pretty much nothing after March. My schedule is stabilizing somewhat, though, so I should be able to spend some more time focusing on GR. I can't promise any sweeping changes, but I'll at least be around to look over @reports and @requests, so, report those bugs and @request any suggestions you have, and we'll see what we can get done.
          Grendel's Revenge Gamemaster

Comment

Working...
          X