Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Monsters everywhere...Get ready to eat dust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsters everywhere...Get ready to eat dust!

Have you ever said, "Meet you at the Shrine" and then tried to get back before your friend did? I know I have! That's why I'm starting the Uthgol Racing League!

Basically what it comes down to is monsters racing through a mountain trail starting right near the old Storm lair and ending at the Bone Grave Yard. 2 start and race to see who can get to the bone yard first.

The Catch: Everyone else who isnít racing gets to bet on whoís gonna win. Thatís the reason I need someone who can hold a lot of loot. They will be my bookie J who will divide out the winnings after the race is held.

The Twist: Obstacles! These obstacles being people who can stun and people who can force teleport. How does it work? When people run by they have the chance of getting stunned and thus stopped by the stunners. Or they have the chance of getting force teleported back to the starting line by the force teleporters. Obviously you can see that people are going to have strategies to avoid some of these obstacles. Do you run ahead and risk the stun? Or let your opponent get stunned and move out while the stunner is recharging and lose precious time.

Furthermore, you would be allowed to bring a Shaman with you for the purposes of healing a stun. However you have to finish with the Shaman, which means if you lose him, you have to go back and get him risking another stun or teleportation. The Shaman can not move on his own. The shaman is also subject to attack, which means if they die, you have to carry the body at the very least or wait for a reincarnation at the worst! Little monsters beware! So the risk is there, but so are the benefits.

No flying, no teleporting. If you are suspected of cheating you will be killed by the obstacles and have your racing liscense suspended. You are found guilty until proven innocent.

Thereís also the option for Clan Relay Races which I think would be a lot of fun. So basically we need about 3 stunners, 1 teleporter at least, and 2-4 officials, Netze is going to be my Bookie and I know Falicorn is going to be one of the Stunners.

Betting: All bets are 2:1 odds.

There is a 500 gold and 500 Caste specific resource fee for racing entries if you are over level 100. 100 gold and 100 caste specific resource if you are under level 100.

The Max bet you can give is 500 gold or whatever resource you desire for now...we'll see how it goes from there.

The winner of the race gets 3 times the entry fee in any form he wants. So for example if you have a level 100 person put in 1000 in total resources and a level 5 person put in his 200 resources. The winner would recieve 3600 in total resources in any form of his choosing.

The Entry fee will go to the Guardians and the Whisperers of Fealu for services rendered.

Feel free to ask any questions! Let me know if you are interested to help or to race!

http://whindanser.tripod.com

*claps for whindanser*
    that has to be the most unique idea if ever seen in all my time here....G'job...

*whispers to whindanser*
    how 'bout an endurence part,ya know...pump them full of poison and see who can make it the farthest without dieing...
    You can't stand my Gouf.

Comment

No need to whisper Jinn...Let everyone hear it. That is also an interesting idea.

I have many ideas for this, but first I need some helpers and some volunteers to race. Again...Stunners and a Teleporter or two. Plus anyone who wants to be an official. I think Rythgen and Blackhand have said they'd be interested.

Everyone is allowed to race or help.

Heck, this is the time to get back at Malice if you'd like! Even you little scarabs and baby gryphons and goblins [level 1's] have a chance to beat him!

Come one come all and join the festivities. Don't wanna race or help? Come and gamble on the races...or just come watch! Either way come out and have fun. I'll be setting up a date and time when I get the required people I need.

Comment

The endurance part would be interesting, maybe one for flyers? I would like to lend my talent as a healer to anyone who wants it during the race.

have you considered hosting this as a Grendal Fair? It could make a considerable amount of loot for the people whom host it, and the only problem I see... is an attack by rogue forces.

but anyways I too congradulate you on a great idea, this is quite unique
        -(whisperer of Grendal's will)-
        Heriophant Mundlar

Comment

I'll help out however yeh need me although I'd like to compete as well. Already got a shaman buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jinn
            *claps for whindanser*
            that has to be the most unique idea if ever seen in all my time here....G'job...

*whispers to whindanser*
            how 'bout an endurence part,ya know...pump them full of poison and see who can make it the farthest without dieing...
            Obviously the leader with the most HPs, would survive. I'd personally need a [Strength 3070] poison to kill me, if I'm at full health... Netze would need about a 3500 strength poison...
            Snaerek the Vampire
            Master of Letum
            Fallen

Comment

[i know,i realised it after i posted it....theres no way to make something like that balanced for all who compete]
              You can't stand my Gouf.

Comment

We??? *scratches his head*

*shrug* Either way...help out with it....After Thursday *eyeshift*

Comment

Remember? After our little duel [with the inconvienient backup]. We raced back to the shrine. Remember?

Anyways, I'd be happy to wait at the end and be an official, assuming Whin lets me.

Kazzar: Why the hell would I mate with a giant parrot with anus breath?
                  <Mentor: Boadecia the Vampire mentors: Gabby is as 1337 as a duck.>
                  Dvea: Honor student of 'How to be evil 101'.
                  Exodias: Miss all of ya (Even Malice)
                  Hecate was here!

Comment

Ooooh right!

You can definitely be an official at the finish line.

Furthermore. All gambling will be done in the lair below the Bone Grave yard which will keep the spectator area clear from the riff raff and rabble that Netze is sure to bring in. *winks at Netze*

However...definitely need someone to be the official who says who crossed the line first in case of a close race.

You're in!

Comment

Might I offer my services for anything? Prehaps to patrol the track to make sure no ones cheating?
                      -(whisperer of Grendal's will)-
                      Heriophant Mundlar

Comment

*nod* We need them.

Alright...for now, Anyone who is interested in helping, leave notes at my lair [PM me]. The Shrine is a little too public for application purposes.

Comment

Hmm... I am most interested in participating, and can also assist when others race. Just one question... the rule are "No flying, no teleporting"? Everything else is fair game?
                          Blackhand

Comment

No killing the your racing opponent either, or you will be disqualified, and I *WILL* keep your fee's and the winnings will go to the other monster.
                            I am a passionate, deeply feeling person. My posts reflect my emotions, my posts reflect the intensity of what I believe.

If you dont like it, Let me know and I will be glad to P.M. you some suggestions with what you can do with yourself.

Brecan says to Jinn the Hydra, "Go away. Nobody likes you."

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information