Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

A Crystal ball embedded at the Northern wall of the Grendel's Shrine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Crystal ball embedded at the Northern wall of the Grendel's Shrine

A crystal ball is embedded at the Northern wall of the Grendel's Shrine. No light plays within it, there is no sparkle. It is filled with purest wisps of darkness that can be. If one were to pass by near it and rub it, this vision would open up to such.

You walk up the moderately steep slope to Gnolls' knoll, to the north.

You arrive at Gnolls' knoll. You see a dark, weed infested steppe to the north, to the south, and to the west; a grassy knoll to the northeast; a deep green pasture to the east and to the southeast; an expansive plain to the southwest; a flower speckled meadow to the northwest; and a lair entrance leading downwards.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur follows you.
    The insect swarm buzzes loudly in your ears.
    A giant pile of petrified manure sits in the middle of this grassland, stinking up the entire region. The smell here is absolutely wonderful. Swarms of insects buzz about the pile of manure.
    You cackle.
    You mutter to Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur, "do you believe you've discarded the fallibilities of life, being ?"
    You mutter to Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur, "it was so recent. Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur rasps at you, "Long ago, yes."
    You consider Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur rasps at you, "It only became evident of late."
    You mutter, "oh is that so ? Tell me. How did it become that ?"
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur rasps at you, "The....illusion of life I had been given was taken from me."
    You consider.
    You begin to examine Gnolls' knoll closely.
    A carefree group of fledgling goblins bound in and start playing tag on top of the knoll.
    You finish examining Gnolls' knoll.
    You turn up a goblin child who was hiding!
    You mutter to Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur, "mm. A grand thing to do. Who took it ?"
    A Goblin child named Slap is stunned.
    You create a thunderclap, which stuns a Goblin child named Slap.
    You cackle at a Goblin child named Slap.
    You move toward a Goblin child named Slap.
    You stop next to him.
    A giant pile of petrified manure sits in the middle of this grassland, stinking up the entire region. The smell here is absolutely wonderful. Swarms of insects buzz about the pile of manure.
    You see a dark, weed infested steppe to the north, to the south, and to the west; a grassy knoll to the northeast; a deep green pasture to the east and to the southeast; an expansive plain to the southwest; a flower speckled meadow to the northwest; and a lair entrance leading downwards.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur is standing some distance ahead of you. A Goblin child named Slap is stunned some distance ahead of you.
    A breeze wafts a full blast of odor from the manure pile right over you.
    You mutter, "do you like the looks of this one ?"
    You gesture at a Goblin child named Slap.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur rasps at you, "A creature. It's name, I've never learned."
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur sniffs a Goblin child named Slap.
    Lurekus the Mummy grasps a neck of a Goblin child named Slap.
    You hiss at a Goblin child named Slap.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur rasps at you, "It does look......tasty."
    You mutter, "do you feel the life juices within it ?"
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur rasps at you, "Not just yet...but I can smell them."
    A Goblin child named Slap is no longer stunned.
    Lurekus the Mummy pushes a goblin child named Slap with a claw, towards Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur.
    A Goblin child named Slap is stunned.
    You create a thunderclap, which stuns a Goblin child named Slap.
    You cackle.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur begins to move toward a Goblin child named Slap.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur stops next to a Goblin child named Slap.
    You mutter to Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur, "feed yourself on it. Awash yourself with its blood, remove all that that remains of your life with its own."
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur slashes at a Goblin child named Slap with his very sharp claws! 75 points of damage! A Goblin child named Slap roars a final time before dying. He is infected with poison, strength 50!
    Lurekus the Mummy watches Czernobog the Inferlan Minotaur intently.
    A carefree group of fledgling goblins bound in and start playing tag on top of the knoll.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur leans down, rips out the goblin's throat with his teeth, then spits out the chunk of flesh and begins to feed on the gushing blood.
    You cackle.
    You mutter, "how does it taste ?"
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur rasps at you, "Invigorating......"
    You mutter, "Grand. Help me find one more of these."
    A breeze wafts a full blast of odor from the manure pile right over you.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur begins to examine Gnolls' knoll closely.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur finishes examining Gnolls' knoll.
    You hiss.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur begins to examine Gnolls' knoll closely.
    You mutter, "Har Har Har, the little flesh bags know what is their fate."
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur finishes examining Gnolls' knoll.
    You hiss.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur mutters to himself.
    the brats will not grow old and die of old age before we find them.
    You mutter, "mmm, it is delightful. Patience is needed indeed. Hopefully the brats will not grow old and die of old age before we find them."
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur rasps at you, "Like wine, age can make them more savory."
    You turn up a goblin child who was hiding!
    A Goblin child named Fodder is stunned.
    You create a thunderclap, which stuns a Goblin child named Fodder.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur snickers.
    You mutter, "Ahh, there you are. Har Har Har"
    You grope hungrily at a Goblin child named Fodder.
    You mutter, "now, do this carefully Czernobog."
    The insect swarm buzzes loudly in your ears.
    You mutter, "rip its head off in a single swipe. Do not let the juices fly elsewhere, but yourself."
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur nods to you.
    Lurekus the Mummy holds a Goblin child named Fodder by its little shoulders, bending it slightly towards Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur begins to move toward a Goblin child named Fodder.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur stops next to a Goblin child named Fodder.
    A Goblin child named Fodder is no longer stunned.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur slashes at a Goblin child named Fodder with his very sharp claws! 71 points of damage! A Goblin child named Fodder roars a final time before dying. He is infected with poison, strength 50!
    You hiss at the corpse of a Goblin child named Fodder.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur grabs the head by it's hair, and holds the head above him, causing a shower of blood to drip down.
    You recite, "Let the Bodily juices of this flesh wash away your dependance on it."
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur nods.
    A small group of skeleton led by Hass the Mummy is moving away from you far away to the south.
    You recite, "May you need no food, nor water. May you need no sleep. May only your hatred, your will, and death be your sustainance."
    You cackle.
    You touch Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur.
    Lurekus the Mummy swipes a bit of blood from Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur.
    Lurekus the Mummy licks it off from his tattered finger.
    Lurekus the Mummy chews on his rotten lips thoughtfully.
    You mutter, "mm."
    You mutter, "I am glad to meet you, Oh fellow Undead. Whatever clan you are. Know, you are welcome on the Plains of Letum."
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur bows to you.
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur rasps at you, "Thank you."
    Lurekus the Mummy takes out a small crystal ball from his wrappings.
    You mutter, "this little thing have recorded this sight. "
    You mutter, "I will seal it into the shrine."
    You mutter, "for any living to touch and witness this grand act."
    Czernobog the Infernal Minotaur nods to you.
    You mutter, "Har Har Har."
    You mutter, "hopefully ..."
    You mutter, "you get to eat their fathers."
    You gesture at the corpse of a Goblin child named Slap.
    You mutter, "Ah Har Har Har Har"
    You concentrate intently, and the world begins to move in a blur of colors.

As the world begins to move in a blur of colors, suddenly your vision blackens for a moment that seems like eternity. And then you find yourself back in the shrine, staring at a dark crystal ball that you have just touched.
    I must not lag. Lag is the game-killer. Lag is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my lag. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the lag has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

<Toasty the Gryphon grumbles: [ I had a visual of Lurekus as, like .. a mummified Mr. Clean.. ]>

*Watches as events unfold in the crystal ball*

*cackles* Interesting. An undead minotaur. *nods to himself*

*leaves a note*

"Let there be much death and chaos then. Well done Czernoborg, welcome to undeath. "

*leaves the shrine cackling away*

Comment

*Passing through the shrine notices the crystalball and watches in silence.*

..Perfect.
      I am a passionate, deeply feeling person. My posts reflect my emotions, my posts reflect the intensity of what I believe.

If you dont like it, Let me know and I will be glad to P.M. you some suggestions with what you can do with yourself.

Brecan says to Jinn the Hydra, "Go away. Nobody likes you."

Comment

*grunts upon viewing the image*

...I am saddened and disturbed to see a perfect warrior like myself turn to the undead side...I had more faith in you. I can't believe your faith and determination was so weak that you'd turn undead...

*musties out of the shrine, muttering and spitting on the ball as he leaves*

Comment

Mmhmhmhmmm... Death comes to all.

But can they hear the whispers?

Perhaps..

*giggles*

Perhaps...
          Only.
          There is a shadow under this red rock,
          (Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
          And I will show you something different from either
          Your shadow at morning striding behind you
          Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
          I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

Comment

"The darkness spreads and consumes..the inevitable has come. The final awakening. Fear it not, for fear is ours...Walk with shadows and be among them for that is all... Sweet, sweet darkness...Death is all."

"Nothing else matters."

Comment

[Stop power emoting, you don't control the gnoll, if you like I'll do some power emoting as well they we can both jsut make stuff up and try to sound cooler than the other one, should be fun]

Comment

*Toasty watches the vision in still silence as one of her best friends and only hunting partner purifies himself before Lurekus on the knoll. Even after the vision ended, she still sat, like a painted statue, pondering on what was shown. A low, gurgling hiss snaked up her throat and past her beak in the form of black smoke as she finally heaved up onto her paws, rage suddenly surging through her. A feral roar erupted from her causing the wreath of flames in the room to flare suddenly as she whirled around and stalked out of the Shrine like an enraged lion. The intense heat composing the aura around her body ripple the air and wilt the grass as she passed over it to dull brown and black. She was gone, then, to vent the rage she didn't know why she held.*
                <Zetsu the Vampire grumbles: [ GR's like meth... you try it once and for the next 10 years you're still hooked to it no matter how bad it gets ]>

Comment

[Stop power emoting, you don't control the gnoll, if you like I'll do some power emoting as well they we can both jsut make stuff up and try to sound cooler than the other one, should be fun]
                  [Apparently you don't control the gnoll either, Germanic, judging from the fact that my wanderer has played there a few times and not once seen anyone or anything. It looks to me like Lurekus has taken it back from you. Looks like your empty fort was taken over. Stop bieng pretentious.]

They're laughing at you behind your back.
                  They all want to see you die a horrible death.
                  They want you to put your pants back on.
                  You squint.

Comment

[looks like good evidence that someone invaded your territory, stop claiming power emotes on a good story line, your ruining the experience.]
                    I am a passionate, deeply feeling person. My posts reflect my emotions, my posts reflect the intensity of what I believe.

If you dont like it, Let me know and I will be glad to P.M. you some suggestions with what you can do with yourself.

Brecan says to Jinn the Hydra, "Go away. Nobody likes you."

Comment

Working...
                    X