Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

*roars*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *roars*

The pink-skins invade Larou Valley! We cannot let them get a foothold outside their town! All powerful monsters should rush to the Valley and the hills north of it!
    Current Monster: Nadriel the Hydra

-----------------
    "It's easy to criticize someone who generates an idea, assumes the risk."

After so much bragging about how strong you are, and how you had everything under your control...

Perhaps we should leave you to fall victim of your own pride.
    Only.
    There is a shadow under this red rock,
    (Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
    And I will show you something different from either
    Your shadow at morning striding behind you
    Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

Comment

I have never bragged about the Guardians power. I have always acknowledged our weaknesses. The one you should be complaining about is Snillo.

If you leave us to fall, the rest of Uthgol shall as well. You all have become too central on politics and too content in life.

-----------------

Comment

I came for the fight, I had my fun, now I need to teach Lividium how to not intimidate when I'm around.

Comment

HA! You think some mere humans can bring me down? You truly are foolish beasts. If the Guardians were to fall, it would not be catastrophic to Uthgol, it would more of a boon than anything else. The only danger would be in the drunken brawls started amonst celebrating monsters.
          Only.
          There is a shadow under this red rock,
          (Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
          And I will show you something different from either
          Your shadow at morning striding behind you
          Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
          I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

Comment

Hehe. Well, at least some of you strong monsters showed up. I noticed that Baelin had no qualms about coming for the fight, nor Rhythgen, nor Netze, Lividium, Lasair, Jinn, Snaerek, Toasty...to name a few.

-----------------

Comment

It is as I told Coranth and Sunfire. Yet, no one listens to reason.
              <Zetsu the Vampire grumbles: [ GR's like meth... you try it once and for the next 10 years you're still hooked to it no matter how bad it gets ]>

Comment

That was a blast..Especially when I "borrowed" Scarnose,Rythgen,and about 15 or so humans for a little gathering at the chimera throne.
                You can't stand my Gouf.

Comment

Aye. The main bulk of their forces was heading towards the valley when tarvok and I held them at bay until others could arrive.

Tiss a shame the guardians werent protecting their beloved Larou as they say. Even I know the sentinels cannot watch letum at every moment, and do not boast that we can.

You are welcome beasts of the valley. We all came to your aid The highlands above the valley have new hills, mounds of bones and carcasses, from the slain ugly forces.
                  I am a passionate, deeply feeling person. My posts reflect my emotions, my posts reflect the intensity of what I believe.

If you dont like it, Let me know and I will be glad to P.M. you some suggestions with what you can do with yourself.

Brecan says to Jinn the Hydra, "Go away. Nobody likes you."

Comment

*plays with lil guardian dolls*
                    the strong birdies can't protect their home what a shame, what a shame.

i wouldn't worry i'm sure the horde or netze's marry lil band will have their own troubles soon enough.

The silent reflection is broken by Royal, as usual, the most opinionated and obnoxious of the group. He tosses his booted feet upon the tables surface, his silvered mask gleaming in the firelight as it turns to face Lividium, “What the hell do you want now?” Typical Royal tactfulness of course. The rest of table grins, laughs or smirks as they deem appropriate.

Comment

Those of the Guardians who were awake, were defending the Valley.
                      -- Volo.

Originally posted by Annatar
                      It's a game, shut up.
                      Originally posted by Merlynson
                      Volo is so right.
                      Originally posted by The Burninator
                      ^^ Is right!

Comment

Working...
                      X