Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

An Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Announcement

Water dumps over the edge of a cliff into a shallow pond, and a stream continues on down through the hills. The falling water sprays the edges of the cliff, creating a stream of algae that clings to the wall. Small bushes line the pond on both edges, and small frogs ‘ribbit’ lightly as they hop in and out of the water.

Some animal furs have been scattered around the small cave behind the waterfall, two dark bodies lay beneath them in a close embrace. The dark skin of long dead flesh, holds and caresses each other for a moment, before one of them untangles from the other, and stands.

Grabbing some discarded armor from beneath a bush, he dresses, covering the scarred and gaunt skin that shows his nature as a Ghoul.

He smiles back at the female still sprawled out within the furs. Patches of ivory skin, and glistening fangs catch his eye, as he is tempted to return to her arms. Her black hair is sprawled out around her, mussed and out of form, and small beads of sweat slowly slide from her prone form.

A scarred hand rubs his slowly bleeding ear, where a large part is missing and slowly regenerating. The mark has the telltale signs of a vampire’s bite. His smile remains as he turns and begins to climb the hill outside.

Behind him the sun slowly sets. The deep purple red sky is reflected in the myriad ripples on the pond’s surface. The air sparkles as the mist from the waterfall catches the light in tiny floating stars.

Strapping a sword nearly as big at he is to his back, he climbs the rocky outcrop beside the waterfall. His hands grip the slippery, algae covered rocks with powerful muscles as he pulls his vaguely human body up over the rocks.

At the top of the cliff he stops. The water rushes past him to fall into the pond below, and the increasing darkness shrouds the vegetation around his legs. Gazing out into the darkening skies he inhales a large breath, and shouts out at the brightening stars.

Hear me Uthgol! I am Morgue, Champion of the Shadow Sentinels.

The ghoul’s close-cropped green hair waves in the wind as the spray from the water soaks his magical tabard.

Tonight I have taken a mate. All that I have is hers, and all that is hers is mine.

He smiles briefly, as the vampire’s head pokes out from the cave to smirk at him. Her hair falls soaked around her, as she spreads the falling water with her hands and listens.

Lilendra the Vampire is now mine. And I am hers. Any who seek to harm her, will seek my wrath and those of my allies as well.

He roars defiantly at the heavens, his chest bulging with the powerful breath.

We are both strong, young, and will soon gain great power with the glory of Grendel. We will oppose any that try to stop us, and in our bond we will show the uglies how monsters hold the true meaning of love.

His roars fade, as he is joined atop the waterfall by the now fully armored vampire. Their forms blur as the sun falls below the horrizon... And the darkness rises...

["Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." -Thomas Paine]

hrm, must gain my strength back soon, this ghoul screams, "kill me!" *eyeshift*

Comment

Why don't you swing by when I'm awake, fancy-feet.
      <Zetsu the Vampire grumbles: [ GR's like meth... you try it once and for the next 10 years you're still hooked to it no matter how bad it gets ]>

Comment

Such warm news is indeed welcome. Congratulations to both you and Lile, may you find much peace and happiness within each other.
        "The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them"

Comment

I will add new FLAME to your BURNING passions! HAHAHAHA!
          Only.
          There is a shadow under this red rock,
          (Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
          And I will show you something different from either
          Your shadow at morning striding behind you
          Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
          I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

Comment

Amusing to be threatened by those so weak, perhaps you need a lesson in humility.

Germanic the Ogre
            Master of Arms of the Horde
            Defender of the Living

Comment

I certainly hope you're not talking to me, Germanic. That hooligan Tror has harrassed us every time he's awake, and it's always the newlings he bothers. He's the one who needs to learn his place.

In any case, I'm not going to turn this into an argument. Congratulations, my friends.
              <Zetsu the Vampire grumbles: [ GR's like meth... you try it once and for the next 10 years you're still hooked to it no matter how bad it gets ]>

Comment

Undeads in love...Last time I heard of this it was Livi...and other undeads flamed him for his stupidity. You undeads need help.

~Kabar the Ogre
                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." ~Plato

"People want realism. I want a game. If they need realism, they need to go get a life." ~ Holypaladin

Comment

Anybody can experience love, even if only on a spiritual level. Undeads can connect with each other just as any other creature can..what makes us so different that we should deny ourselves the simple pleasures everyone else partakes in? For we once bled as mortals, we once felt with life.. who says we can't remember?
                  "The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them"

Comment

As news of the bond reaches the Shrine, a tall, rust-haired Minotaur receives the news with a polite smile. Soon after the Grunt has finished relaying the message, however, the Minotaur turns to a maintainence Goblin near him and says, in a whisper meant to carry:
                    "Can they... uh... do that? I mean... wouldn't it, er... fall off?"
                    The Goblin giggles, and the Minotaur turns to address the Shrine as a whole, resuming his gentle expression. This time, however, his wide grin looks markedly false, and an observant monster would probably notice the faint smirk tugging at the Minotaur's lips.
                    "I, Queklain, would like to congratulate these two, er, lovers. May their bond go unbroken, and may they walk in the shadow of the All-Father."
                    Kurzog the Grimalkin, Swamp Walker

Queklain the Minotaur, King of Calamity

Comment

I can't see how undead can be together. How would they even make offspring? Doesn't seem right..
                      Hanzo Hattori
                      Silent Assassin

Thanks to Rythgen for the enhancements!

"In an age of chaos, only the ruthless survive..."

StoryGuide Brecan responds, "You naughty monster you."

Comment

It's not about "making offspring." It's about connecting and bonding in a way beyond the comprehension of the outside world. Morgue simply disclosed that he chose one to walk by his side throughout his existence on this plain of unlife, I do not believe he offered any information beyond that. Lying naked beside someone is hardly copulating..We Undead dance to our own music, we make love in our own way, and we share things on a level beyond description. Some of us unite through blood, others through mutual spiritual journeys, and still some, through mental stimulation. There is more to existence than a mere stick and slick..try to think outside the box for once.

Comment

try to think outside the box for once.
                          wheres the fun in that?

Comment

I was just wondering how they would make offspring. I can understand him chosing someone to walk with him by his side. You undead having your own little way.

I might be shorter then you, mummy. Keep on thing in mind, size doesn't matter. Its how you use it.
                            Hanzo Hattori
                            Silent Assassin

Thanks to Rythgen for the enhancements!

"In an age of chaos, only the ruthless survive..."

StoryGuide Brecan responds, "You naughty monster you."

Comment

Hecate takes a short break from her studies in order to wander through the shrine. Upon hearing this news and reading over a few of the scratchings, she suddenly jerks foward and covers her mouth to prevent coughing up all the blood she had recently ingested, although a bit of it does manage to trickle through her fingers and the effort to restrain it forces a small cloud of poison gas to jet out of her nose.

"*cough* *hack* Ugh, the how the freshly dead pathetically cling to thier mortal emotions. Fools, the pleasures of the flesh will come to mean little when it's rotting off of your body.It's not to say that undead dont feel emotion, quite the contrary, they feel quite a few: hatred, spite, sorrow, paranoia...;but this fleshling emotion known as "love" is a fragile one, not something undeath can be fueled on. Your existance upon Uthgol will be a short one, I have no doubt....unless of course you realize the futility of grasping on to the frivolities of life and allow the darkness to take over your heart. Such things take time, and perhaps one day you both will understand this, until then, you mind keeping your dotage to yourselves? I'd rather like to hang on to my dinner."
                              Originally posted by Rythgen
                              Fiendy could witstomp you into oblivion.

<Vyshka the Wyvern grumbles: {Hecate wins the internet. Forever.}>

Comment

Working...
                              X