Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

The Great Skotos Split Is Here [UPDATED]

The long-planned Skotos split is here. We are going to be separating Skotos into the four games that we're passing off to individual players (Marrach, TEC, the game formerly known as Ironclaw Online, the game formerly known as Lazarus Sleeping), and in the near future the core Skotos site will shutdown.

Here's how it will work:
* On Monday, we will turn off the ability to make any purchases through the main site. This will be the end of credit card purchases for Skotos games.
* We will run final automated credit card purchases on Tuesday morning. This is typical, in that our regular subscriptions are always set to run on the 1st through the 28th.
* On Wednesday, we will begin converting the games over to the new auth server that I've been working on for the last month and a half. All data will be converted over from the moment I grab the database. This means that all of your account information, including all payments (but not including any credit card information or Paypal information) will be duped to all the games: you'll be able to play any of them for the time you'd previously paid at the main Skotos site.
* We'll then start integrating the individual sites for each game with the new stand-alone setup.
* And likely I'll be resolving bugs in the auth server that only turn up through extensive usage.
* Meanwhile, we'll start handing off games to the individuals who will be running it in the future. I'm at this point over the time I'd initially committed to Skotos by a bit more than three weeks, but I'm expecting I'll need to offer support a little into May to make sure everyone is running well and that I've helped Christopher, Skotos, and the game leads deal with any intricacies of the hand-off.
* We'll request that all games remove all information from users who didn't stick with their game within a year.

I hope this will go as smoothly as possible. There will surely be bumps in the road. In particular, expect some random downtimes on Wednesday, when I convert over the games to the new servers, and expect the potential for problems on *next* Thursday, when I see how things work in the new setup.

A Few Updates as of 5/3:

1.) Castle Marrach, TEC, and Allegory of Empires are now split out from the main Skotos UserDB, which is the first (and biggest) step in separating these games. Multiversal Revelations will follow on Monday.

2.) Each site has a new login page of the form login.itsdomainname. This is the proper place to login to that game, and where you should access all UserDB functionality. Anything you do on the main Skotos users pages will no longer be reflected. Yes, that means you should be using the new pages to update your accounts, purchase months of play, and purchase subscriptions. Credit card payments are no longer possible, but Paypal is.

3.) Skotos is still running the games as of this moment, but they'll be transferred to the individual teams by this time next month.

4.) We've had some problems with credit cards continuing to run on the older UserDB system. We've refunded any bills that went through on the main system following the split, and apologize for the inconvenience. The plan is to turn the old UserDB off tomorrow, so that will absolutely stop the bills at this point. If you were accidentally billed, do note both that the amount was refunded the same day AND it isn't reflected on the new systems. [And as of Monday morning, those old charges seem to have been halted entirely.]

5.) We've discovered that about 20 accounts have credits of various amounts of them. This is a concept that is no longer supported in any meaningful way on the new UserDB, so we'll convert those credits to days of play at the most generous ratio.
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

An Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgue
    replied
    Originally posted by jocelyn
    We all hide a little light within the darkness, and we can be fueled by whatever we desire, if we believe in it strongly enough.
    There can be no shadow, without a source to cast the light around it.

Those who condem us condem the only one who gave us the reason to be...

Leave a comment:

• Hanzo
    replied
    Well, makes things more.... interesting.

Leave a comment:

• jocelyn
    replied
    I said nothing of physical pleasure, or sins of the flesh. I was merely explaining all the other ways creatures can connect. To you, Hanzo, I am a Lich, not a Mummy--for future reference, so I have no doubt you are bigger than me. I do not feel threatened by any of the words I see here, significant, meaningless or otherwise. As for you Hecate, in comparison to some, I am a newly awakened undead. Old or new, if you have one emotion, you can have all emotion..it just depends on what one suppresses and what one does not. I feel for those ignorant enough to betray their passions or deny any sort of emotion. We live to be all that we are--immortal, timeless--some of us ruthless killers, some of us zealous healers, all of us with a past.. I would not spend my eternity denying a part of my existence; if you choose to do so, then that's on you. We all hide a little light within the darkness, and we can be fueled by whatever we desire, if we believe in it strongly enough.

Leave a comment:

• fiendish_thingy
    replied
    Hecate takes a short break from her studies in order to wander through the shrine. Upon hearing this news and reading over a few of the scratchings, she suddenly jerks foward and covers her mouth to prevent coughing up all the blood she had recently ingested, although a bit of it does manage to trickle through her fingers and the effort to restrain it forces a small cloud of poison gas to jet out of her nose.

"*cough* *hack* Ugh, the how the freshly dead pathetically cling to thier mortal emotions. Fools, the pleasures of the flesh will come to mean little when it's rotting off of your body.It's not to say that undead dont feel emotion, quite the contrary, they feel quite a few: hatred, spite, sorrow, paranoia...;but this fleshling emotion known as "love" is a fragile one, not something undeath can be fueled on. Your existance upon Uthgol will be a short one, I have no doubt....unless of course you realize the futility of grasping on to the frivolities of life and allow the darkness to take over your heart. Such things take time, and perhaps one day you both will understand this, until then, you mind keeping your dotage to yourselves? I'd rather like to hang on to my dinner."

Leave a comment:

• Hanzo
    replied
    I was just wondering how they would make offspring. I can understand him chosing someone to walk with him by his side. You undead having your own little way.

I might be shorter then you, mummy. Keep on thing in mind, size doesn't matter. Its how you use it.

Leave a comment:

• tror
    replied
    try to think outside the box for once.
    wheres the fun in that?

Leave a comment:

• jocelyn
    replied
    It's not about "making offspring." It's about connecting and bonding in a way beyond the comprehension of the outside world. Morgue simply disclosed that he chose one to walk by his side throughout his existence on this plain of unlife, I do not believe he offered any information beyond that. Lying naked beside someone is hardly copulating..We Undead dance to our own music, we make love in our own way, and we share things on a level beyond description. Some of us unite through blood, others through mutual spiritual journeys, and still some, through mental stimulation. There is more to existence than a mere stick and slick..try to think outside the box for once.

Leave a comment:

• Hanzo
    replied
    I can't see how undead can be together. How would they even make offspring? Doesn't seem right..

Leave a comment:

• Half-An-Ogre
    replied
    As news of the bond reaches the Shrine, a tall, rust-haired Minotaur receives the news with a polite smile. Soon after the Grunt has finished relaying the message, however, the Minotaur turns to a maintainence Goblin near him and says, in a whisper meant to carry:
    "Can they... uh... do that? I mean... wouldn't it, er... fall off?"
    The Goblin giggles, and the Minotaur turns to address the Shrine as a whole, resuming his gentle expression. This time, however, his wide grin looks markedly false, and an observant monster would probably notice the faint smirk tugging at the Minotaur's lips.
    "I, Queklain, would like to congratulate these two, er, lovers. May their bond go unbroken, and may they walk in the shadow of the All-Father."

Leave a comment:

• jocelyn
    replied
    Anybody can experience love, even if only on a spiritual level. Undeads can connect with each other just as any other creature can..what makes us so different that we should deny ourselves the simple pleasures everyone else partakes in? For we once bled as mortals, we once felt with life.. who says we can't remember?

Leave a comment:

• Matk1812
    replied
    Undeads in love...Last time I heard of this it was Livi...and other undeads flamed him for his stupidity. You undeads need help.

~Kabar the Ogre

Leave a comment:

• The Burninator
    replied
    I certainly hope you're not talking to me, Germanic. That hooligan Tror has harrassed us every time he's awake, and it's always the newlings he bothers. He's the one who needs to learn his place.

In any case, I'm not going to turn this into an argument. Congratulations, my friends.

Leave a comment:

• Germanic
    replied
    Amusing to be threatened by those so weak, perhaps you need a lesson in humility.

Germanic the Ogre
    Master of Arms of the Horde
    Defender of the Living

Leave a comment:

• Mortikai
    replied
    I will add new FLAME to your BURNING passions! HAHAHAHA!

Leave a comment:

• jocelyn
    replied
    Such warm news is indeed welcome. Congratulations to both you and Lile, may you find much peace and happiness within each other.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X