Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

*The message*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *The message*

*In the middle of the day, when most undead cringe from the sunlight, a shadow soars into the plains, its outstretched wings extended and gliding, inches above the grass. Slight movements to propel its forward flight, cause its wing tips to lightly graze the blades of wispy grass.

It lands at the entrance of the Sentinels lair, a fantastic pitch black Crow. Standing up, its nearly 6 feet tall, with a long jagged beak. tied to a container its left leg. Inside.. is a message:*

To my Sentinels.

My visit to the foriegn capital of unlife, beneath the Spectral mountains in Loth, is going well. Ive met some very ancient undead, very experienced with the techniques of manipulating the living to behave how they need them to. That is... when they are not being used as food.

I hope things are going well in my abscense. I trust you all to do as i have commanded now, as well as when i have left. Fatali, is the general i wish to command the legion while im away, but i do not expect to be gone for very much longer anyway.

I hope the lair is well, and newlings are still coming to become one of the Dark Family.

Until my return,
    Night's embraces.

Netze, The Pharaoh Mummy
    I am a passionate, deeply feeling person. My posts reflect my emotions, my posts reflect the intensity of what I believe.

If you dont like it, Let me know and I will be glad to P.M. you some suggestions with what you can do with yourself.

Brecan says to Jinn the Hydra, "Go away. Nobody likes you."

Fatali reads the message, chortling at the living beings part, but when she reads this bit about the general she blanches and exclaims aloud:

Wha.... What?! Certainly there is a better leader, master! I slumber to much. I.. I kill too much! I.. can.. not.. lead...

She sighs and shakes her head,a ccepting the fact she can not argue with his commands, and just walks towards Letum shaking her head in disbelief.

My friends call me Tiger Shot, 'cuz I'm Down Right Fierce.

Comment

*Reads The Pharaoh's message slowly, taking in every word, making sure he understand all that is said.*

Slipping the message back into its container, I stretch my arms high above my head. "Who better to be lead by if not The Pharaoh, than my mentor and teacher Fatali?" I think to myself. I will proudly carry out The Pharaoh's orders, and follow any he chooses. Turning my gaze to the southeast, I walk towards Letum, eager for a chance to once again, prove my loyalty.

The Wind Of Death

Comment

*Attaches a piece of parchment lightly scented with lavender to the claws of a storm crow for deliverance.*

Great Pharaoh,

Our spirits do well in your absence, though you are missed greatly. Fatali indeed is worthy of such responsibility and will make you proud, no doubt. Hurry home where you belong.

Eternally,
        Arienh.

Comment

-=Toasty grumps, fluffing her great wings, knowing full well Netze would come back. He always does--not even the malignant Basilisk could keep him away. Snorting a stream of smoke from each nostril, she nodded to herself for her thoughts then blinked, eyeing around the middle of the parchment. A larger stream of smoke is snorted, this time with a tinge of irritation.=-

"Wha!? FATALI? ........."

-=Toasty simply did not understand. Apparently loyalty meant little in this clan. Fatali, the slayer of clanmates and clan newlings. A hawk-like screech echo'd in her throat, before she turned around and stalked away like a hunting lion, leaving a trail of smoldering ash.=-
          <Zetsu the Vampire grumbles: [ GR's like meth... you try it once and for the next 10 years you're still hooked to it no matter how bad it gets ]>

Comment

A twisted, dessicated form steps into the Shrine and anxiously reads the message. The creature is more terrible to behold than even the most battle-scarred Ghoul, but sharp fangs and an arrogant stance define it clearly as a Vampire. The creature reads the message several times over. After the fifth or so reading, the Vampire mumbles to himself:
            "Fatali? Oh my... perhaps I should lay low for a time."
            Then, like a whipped Goblin, the Vampire trudges off to an unmarked corner of the Shrine and writes in a small, neat script:
            May you return soon, Pharaoh. I thank you for the amnesty you have given me. I may not be here upon your return; this is solely Fatali's decision, as it is she that will rule in your stead. I accept this as part of my punishment, I, the Thrice-Cursed Kulyin. Once again, I thank you for the protection you have given to me. Please, call on me if you there is ever some small task you see me as capable of performing for you.
            The message is further signed with a crude carving of a fanged mouth, marred with three diagnol slashes.
            Kuylin exits the Shrine quietly, the angry glares of monsters and Grunts at his back. The air in the Shrine almost seems to quiver, to shimmer, with a queer feeling every monster gets every once in a while. That strange, almost imperceptible feeling that you are being tossed to and fro, like a puppet, by the Lightdimmer's strings. A faint glimmer of pride, perhaps the sort of pride a hunter would have for his arrow as it hurtles, unknowingly, through the air, towards its target.
            Kurzog the Grimalkin, Swamp Walker

Queklain the Minotaur, King of Calamity

Comment

A ghoul grunts, and tosses a scrap of parchment at the crow.

Come back soon boss, and bring us sumethin to play wit.

A nod, followed shortly by another grunt, completes the ghouls involvement, as he trudges back out to hunt humans.

["Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." -Thomas Paine]

Comment

I could lead!

HAHAHAHAHA!
                Only.
                There is a shadow under this red rock,
                (Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
                And I will show you something different from either
                Your shadow at morning striding behind you
                Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
                I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

Comment

[Could an admin PLEASE delete this? It seems players cant seem to distinguish IN CHARACTER from OUT OF CHARACTER, and id prefer it if this could be erased.]
                  I am a passionate, deeply feeling person. My posts reflect my emotions, my posts reflect the intensity of what I believe.

If you dont like it, Let me know and I will be glad to P.M. you some suggestions with what you can do with yourself.

Comment

[I don't see anyone being OOC in this thread?]

Comment

[because its happening *outside* it. ]

Comment

[The OOC in this thread is that this crow is delivering a message to the Sentinels, yet Mortikai responded to it like it was a common scratching within the shrine.]
                        Current Monster: Nadriel the Hydra

-----------------
                        "It's easy to criticize someone who generates an idea, assumes the risk."

Comment

[Its also quite possible he had a spy, the Horde might of seen it by a hiding spy, the Chimera might of seen it by flying overhead.]

Comment

[ That's not what Netze is referring to. He's referring to certain players Out of Character responses to what he has done. ]

My friends call me Tiger Shot, 'cuz I'm Down Right Fierce.

Comment

[Drake, the OOC is that people are getting mad at Netze OOCly for something that happened ICly. That shouldn't happen ever. He made the IC decision and people are reaming him OOCly for it, that's why he wants this shut down. Sorry for speaking on your behalf Netze but I want this closed as much as you do.]

Comment

Working...
                              X