Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Dark Rebirth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Rebirth

All that begins eventually ends and all that ends eventually sees new beginnings. This is the circle of existence which we all learn of quickly. In the not too distant past, a figure wrapped in cloth disappeared among the tunnels beneath Uthgol. He left with no expectations to return and without a plan in his tattered soul. The world he left behind was slowly slipping away. More and more of what he knew and who he knew was finding its way into the void. He left knowing that if his land needed him it would call upon him to rise once more. And so it begins...

A vibration moves through the earth and penetrates his soul. It is slight and hardly noticeable to anyone with activity in their body. However, this such being is without animation and the smallest shift becomes not only noticeable but a disturbance in his peaceful slumber. As the ground shifts, dirt and pebbles cascade around him; a trickle of water pours across his feet; the earthbound insects squirm deeper into the soft soil. With a despondent sigh, he brings his mind into focus on the present. The call has been heard, he must obey. It is time to raise himself from his peace and tread the island once more. There are those in need of direction, there are those in need of death, there are those in need of purpose, there are those in need of him.

The ground quakes and cracks, dirt and rocks burst into the air. A large mound of caked mud begins to roil upwards into the sky and lands ungracefully with a tremendous *THUMP*. The rumbling ceases and the debris settles. Among this ruin of earth lies a prone figure. One you might recognize, one you may not but one with a purpose to fulfill.

He strolls to the taloned shrine, tattered parchment in hand. Removing old and faded messages, he makes room to tack it on the nearest wall:

Greetings,
    I, Lividium, have returned from the bowels of Uthgol. I have paid my dues and have been granted a new trial among the animate. I have been called to bring together all castes in order to eradicate the hooman evil which runs unchecked across the island. Our land is not meant to be infested and it is our duty to terminate with extreme prejudice.

This call goes out to all my old friends, my old loyal minions as well as any new creature out there. Dark Providence shall rise once more and defeat the pink-skinned scourge.

All castes are welcome under my banner. We fight to save Uthgol from the hoomans, not to destroy one another. Come speak to me in the shrine of Grendel. It is under his heavy hand that we will band together and ultimately succeed in taking back our homeland.

I await you,

Morph the Minotaur, Can't touch this .
    Ebonfyre the Haunt, Wanderer extraordinaire (again )
    Cumulus the Phoenix, Co-leader of the Guardians
    Stomp the Ogre, A big, bloody stick for the Lab

Formerly: Lividium the Demagogue Mummy

Grendel's Revenge Player Site

In the Darkness of a vast room, a mummy wakes with a start...

Too long has Uthgol been tormented by the pink skinned menace, these..."Humans." It would seem the time has come for me to rise once more, and collect the heads of such foul creatures as the..."Humans."

I awake, and seek your presence in the shrine, Lividium.

Signed-

Falador the Mummy

The Wind Of Death

Comment

Somehow, a message has been etched into the stone in a freehand, flowing script.

Finally. My destiny begins again.

Find me, Liv
      idi...

The message trails off here.
      Serenity is passion.
      Knowledge is power.

Comment

*added to the original scroll*

I shall be in and out of the shrine on a regular basis as time permits.

~Lividium

Morph the Minotaur, Can't touch this .
        Ebonfyre the Haunt, Wanderer extraordinaire (again )
        Cumulus the Phoenix, Co-leader of the Guardians
        Stomp the Ogre, A big, bloody stick for the Lab

Formerly: Lividium the Demagogue Mummy

Grendel's Revenge Player Site

Comment

Working...
        X