Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

An experiment gone wrong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An experiment gone wrong...

Usuichii the Vampire laments to Hecate the Vampire, "The Troll has volunteered for enhancements. Come."
    Usuichii the Vampire folds his hands behind his back.
    Crymuul the Lich speaks through the void, "Greetings Vorico"
    You close your eyes and begin to channel your thoughts through the void, "Finnally...someone my size! Cedextra let's have tea. Like real giants do."
    Vorico the Ghost speaks through the void, "Skinny lich!"

Usuichii the Vampire beckons to Hecate the Vampire to follow him.
    You consider.
    Hecate the Vampire gives you a sideways glance.
    Hecate the Vampire moves to follow Usuichii the Vampire.
    You say to Usuichii the Vampire, "If you put anything on me...."
    You exclaim, "I'LL STEP ON YOU!"
    Usuichii the Vampire laments, "On? No, of Ahee course not."
    Usuichii the Vampire's mist covers the area, wrapping around you before everything goes dark and you appear in another location.
    The fabric of space seems to rend asunder in a colorful display, as Kikaro the Troll, Hecate the Vampire and Usuichii the Vampire fade from sight.

You arrive at an empty room. Usuichii the Vampire is here. You see a sturdy, rune-covered door named TempHoldingF1LN39 to the east.
    You consider.
    Usuichii the Vampire gazes into a crystal ball.
    You exclaim, "WHERE AM I?!"
    You exclaim, "Scary mode!"
    You try to look intimidating, but you think some extra work with boulder lifting is required.
    Usuichii the Vampire snaps his fingers, causing a series of glyphs to appear, "A safe location, I assure you."
    You consider.
    Zetsu the Vampire and Anuu the Lich tumble out of a shimmering, red portal right before it closes.
    Anuu the Lich looks at you.
    Hecate the Vampire looks at you.
    Cedextra the Titan speaks through the void, "Me? tea with a fat troll? NEVER!"
    You say, "I don't like this one bit..."
    You see an old and ancient room.
    You see a sturdy, rune-covered door named TempHoldingF1LN39 to the east.
    Usuichii the Vampire is seated on a bone pedestal here. Zetsu the Vampire and Anuu the Lich are standing here. Hecate the Vampire is standing some distance ahead of you.
    This structure has 1000 out of 1330 integrity points.

Usuichii the Vampire twirls his fingers, the glyphs begin to rotating, attaching themselves to the walls of the large room, "You are at no risk, Troll."
    Anuu the Lich raises an eyebrow.
    Usuichii the Vampire begins stepping toward a protruding section of stone about waist-high near the northern wall, "Hecate, prepare the earlier test formula for muscle injection."
    Vorico the Ghost speaks through the void, "Doom!"
    Kikaro the Troll warns, "I better be."
    Anuu the Lich laments, "Should I get sedative S-42b?"
    You exclaim to Anuu the Lich, "No sedatives!"
    Anuu the Lich laments, "Perhaps the shadow extract will reject his cells..."
    consider anuu
    You consider Anuu the Lich.
    Usuichii the Vampire snaps his fingers and a square glyph appears above the protruding section of stone, information splayed across it, "No, H-fourty eight, HB-two. We'll need a stronger Ahee hee dose for his size."
    You say to Anuu the Lich, "NO SEDATIVES"
    Hecate the Vampire nods to Usuichii the Vampire.
    You try to look intimidating, but you think some extra work with boulder lifting is required.
    Hecate the Vampire rasps to Usuichii the Vampire, "I don't have that one with me. Did you bring it?"
    Anuu the Lich laments to you, "You sure you wanna be awake for this?"
    You eye some bright purple liquid appraisingly.
    Usuichii the Vampire mentions over his shoulder to Hecate, "This is a mobile lab station. It is fit with fixed-transportation chambers. Check the southern panel."
    Hecate the Vampire looks confused as she loses her focus.
    Kikaro the Troll shifts uneasily.
    Hecate the Vampire nods to Usuichii the Vampire.
    You say, "Why are the ceilings so low..."
    Anuu the Lich points towards Anuu the Lich and a yellow light surround her! Anuu the Lich has been fortified.
    Hecate the Vampire walks to the southern wall.
    Anuu the Lich laments, "Hrm."
    Usuichii the Vampire continues pressing symbols on the glyph before him. The room reacts, triangular and circular glyphs appearing and disappearing around Kikaro, "Anuu, the sedative."
    Anuu the Lich laments, "Ah, yes."
    Kikaro the Troll backs away from Anuu.
    You exclaim to Anuu the Lich, "No!"
    Hecate the Vampire reaches out to a indigo glyph on the wall's panel, causing it to lift automatically and slide to the side.
    Anuu the Lich whispers to a glyph on the northern wall "H-fourty eight, HB-two, single dose."
    Hecate the Vampire grasps a pale blue vial gingerly between her long claws.
    Anuu the Lich eyes you appraisingly.
    Hecate the Vampire holds a pale blue vial up before her face, scrutinizing it with her baleful yellow eyes.
    <You grumble: I'm trapped in some lair concoction...>
    Hecate the Vampire nods to herself.
    <You grumble: Usuichii tricked me.>
    Anuu the Lich laments to Hecate the Vampire, "Will one dose do?"
    Hecate the Vampire rasps to Anuu the Lich, "It was enough in prior trials."
    <You grumble: They're trying to poke me with sedatives and stuff.>
    Usuichii the Vampire steps away from the protruding wall, nodding once as the glyph fizzles behind him. Approaching Kikaro, he takes a series of small metallic tools from the inside of his lab coat, "It Ahee should. At the very least, it'll stop major *cackle* struggling."
    Anuu the Lich scribbles some notes on a piece of parchment.
    Usuichii the Vampire laments to you, "Calm yourself, Troll. Sit, this will be over in a matter of seconds, I Ahee assure you."
    <Crymuul the Lich grumbles: all right>
    You exclaim to Usuichii the Vampire, "No. You're a lair!"
    You say, "This is why I didn't come back...now I'm gonna hit with some shrinking ray or some stink remover beam..."
    Usuichii the Vampire's eyelids lower, glaring past semi-glazed lenses.
    You exclaim, "No more experiments!"
    Usuichii the Vampire lowers, lab coat lifting behind him a moment before he lunges forward at great speed.
    Usuichii the Vampire stands up.
    Usuichii the Vampire begins to move toward you.
    Usuichii the Vampire stops next to you.
    Usuichii the Vampire tries to stun you with a loud sound, but fails. Good thing you never clean your ears.
    Hecate the Vampire pops a lid off of a pale blue vial, revealing a short needle attacked to its inner stopper.
    You are stunned.
    Usuichii the Vampire creates a thunderclap, which stuns you! Strength 60!
    Usuichii the Vampire thrusts a small needle into Kikaro's side, injecting a light-green liquid into him.
    Usuichii the Vampire mutters to himself.
    Usuichii the Vampire laments, "Prepare the rest of the Ahee sedative, quickly."
    Usuichii the Vampire pulls a series of scalpels from his lab coat pocket.
    Usuichii the Vampire pulls a series of scalpels from his lab coat pocket.
    You are no longer stunned.
    You are stunned.
    Usuichii the Vampire creates a thunderclap, which stuns you! Strength 48!
    Usuichii the Vampire injects another dosage from a small vial, "This is a weaker sedative. More is required."
    Kikaro the Troll growls groggily.
    You are stunned.
    Usuichii the Vampire slashes at you with his painful claws, but misses.
    Usuichii the Vampire's scalpel slides along the length of Kikaro's forearm, making no progress, "Hmm..."
    Anuu the Lich approaches Usuichii, handing him a blue-green vial.
    Usuichii the Vampire slashes at you with his painful claws, but misses.
    Usuichii the Vampire nods slightly.
    Usuichii the Vampire slashes you with his painful claws! 1472 points of damage!
    Usuichii the Vampire begins making an incision in Kikaro's left arm, cutting into the flesh.
    Usuichii the Vampire's lips peel across his cheeks, nearing the back of his head in a wide grin, "Yes..."
    You exclaim, "Gah!"
    Usuichii the Vampire tries to stun you with a loud sound, but fails. Good thing you never clean your ears.
    You say to Usuichii the Vampire, "Stop...that..."
    Usuichii the Vampire slams the needle into Kikaro's side.
    You are stunned.
    Usuichii the Vampire slowly applies pressure on the needle, injecting the blue-green liquid into the troll.
    Hecate the Vampire offers a pale blue vial to Usuichii the Vampire.
    Usuichii the Vampire laments, "The incision is made, Hecate. Apply the formula to the base of the muscle near the bone while I hold open the flesh."
    Hecate the Vampire nods.
    Anuu the Lich scribbles some notes on a piece of parchment.

Usuichii the Vampire looks at you.
    You wince.
    Usuichii the Vampire eyes you appraisingly.
    You exclaim to Usuichii the Vampire, "What are you doing!"
    Usuichii the Vampire laments, "We require a stronger *cackle* sedative, it would seem..."
    Anuu the Lich takes a purple crystal vial from a supreme shimmering backpack stitched with colorful patches.
    Hecate the Vampire presses the needle at the end of the pale blue vial against the Troll's exposed muscle tissue.
    You exclaim, "Goblins save me!"
    You furiously wave your claws about, chanting in a strange language and out of thin air, a grunt appears.
    A Goblin warrior asks, "How can I serve, master?"
    Anuu the Lich takes a stoppered crystal vial from a supreme shimmering backpack stitched with colorful patches.
    You are stunned.
    Usuichii the Vampire creates a thunderclap, which stuns you! Strength 52!
    A Goblin warrior begins to move toward Anuu the Lich.
    A Goblin warrior stops next to Anuu the Lich.
    A Goblin warrior stops wielding a sling.
    A Goblin warrior slashes at Anuu the Lich with her very sharp claws! 543 points of damage!
    Hecate the Vampire points at Hecate the Vampire. Hecate the Vampire is moving a lot faster now!
    A Goblin warrior slashes at Anuu the Lich with her very sharp claws! 586 points of damage! Anuu the Lich roars a final time before dying.
    Hecate the Vampire furrows her brow as she brings her magical energies into focus.
    Usuichii the Vampire retreats.
    A Goblin warrior begins to move toward Zetsu the Vampire.
    A Goblin warrior stops next to Zetsu the Vampire.
    A Goblin warrior slashes at Zetsu the Vampire with her very sharp claws! 832 points of damage!
    Usuichii the Vampire begins to move toward a Goblin warrior.
    Usuichii the Vampire stops next to a Goblin warrior.
    Usuichii the Vampire slashes at a Goblin warrior with his very sharp claws, but misses.
    A Goblin warrior is infected with poison, strength 935!
    Hecate the Vampire exhales a cloud of noxious gas at a Goblin warrior!
    A Goblin warrior slashes at Zetsu the Vampire with her very sharp claws! 451 points of damage!
    A Goblin warrior is infected with poison, strength 1489!
    Hecate the Vampire exhales a cloud of noxious gas at a Goblin warrior!
    Usuichii the Vampire laments, "Inject the formula, Hecate!"
    Usuichii the Vampire tries to stun a Goblin warrior with sound, but fails. Now you know what one hand clapping sounds like.
    A Goblin warrior slashes at Zetsu the Vampire with her very sharp claws! 280 points of damage!
    A Goblin warrior is stunned.
    Usuichii the Vampire creates a localized thunderclap, which stuns a Goblin warrior! Strength 60!
    Hecate the Vampire rasps to Usuichii the Vampire, "I did!"
    Poison courses through a Goblin warrior's veins, strength 2424!
    A Goblin warrior roars a final time before dying.
    Usuichii the Vampire begins to move toward you.
    Usuichii the Vampire stops next to you.
    Usuichii the Vampire laments, "This should Ahee suffice."
    You are stunned.
    Usuichii the Vampire's right hand thrusts forward as an indigo-colored glyph appears on his palm.
    A sturdy, rune-covered door named TempHoldingF1LN39 swings open.
    Usuichii the Vampire retreats.
    Usuichii the Vampire's shoes clack across the floor as he pads out to the eastern corridor, hands behind his back.
    Usuichii the Vampire laments, "Come."
    Usuichii the Vampire walks out through a sturdy, rune-covered door named TempHoldingF1LN39, to the east.
    Anuu the Lich walks out through a sturdy, rune-covered door named TempHoldingF1LN39, to the east.
    Hecate the Vampire rasps to you, "An improvement, Troll. Size isn't everything."
    Hecate the Vampire walks out through a sturdy, rune-covered door named TempHoldingF1LN39, to the east.
    The fabric of space seems to rend asunder in a colorful display, as Zetsu the Vampire fades from sight.
    You close your eyes and begin to channel your thoughts through the void, "Hey! Lemme outta here!"
    Kikaro the Troll pounds on the door.

You furiously wave your claws about, chanting in a strange language and out of thin air, a grunt appears.
    A Goblin warrior asks, "What do you wish, master?"
    You command a Goblin warrior to "sever east"
    A Goblin warrior shrugs.
    A Goblin warrior says, "Whatever you say, Boss."
    A Goblin warrior begins to destroy the exit to the east.
    You exclaim, "No one puts me in a cell!"
    <Crymuul the Lich grumbles: how is everyone doing?>
    <You grumble: I'm trapped in the lab!>

A Goblin warrior finishes the destruction of the exit.
    A Goblin warrior completes the construction of a new opening.
    You walk through an opening.

You arrive at a tunnel. You see a tunnel to the south and an opening to the west.
    A Goblin warrior follows you.

A Goblin warrior fires a stone from a sling to the south. 238 points of damage! A Skeleton grunt roars a final time before dying.

<You grumble: They put some weird metal thing in my ear and injected me with some fluids....I'm breaking out!>
    A Goblin warrior completes the construction of a new opening.
    command war to follow me
    You command a Goblin warrior to "follow me."
    A Goblin warrior nods.
    A Goblin warrior moves to follow you.

You walk through an opening.

You arrive at a lair entrance. You see an opening to the north and a snow-capped peak leading upwards.
    You close your eyes and begin to channel your thoughts through the void, "Your walls can't contain me! "
    u
    You walk to a snow-capped peak, upwards.

You arrive at a snow-capped peak. You see a sheer impenetrable cliff to the north; a small, steep ridge to the northeast; a snow-capped peak to the east and to the south; a towering mountain looming overhead to the southeast; a stony mountain to the southwest and to the northwest; a small, steep ridge up a steep incline to the west; and a lair entrance leading downwards.
    You exclaim, "I'm free!"

Comment

Working...
    X