Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Early Game Success

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Game Success

Should not be 500vs500.

Especially not when you have enemies that can spawn in groups and enemies that can heal others. I get with a leader this is probably a non-issue but if one isn't on to recruit the new player, then it is a huge issue. Pretty sure Wandering monsters start around the same too.

After making a new character to play around with as a social, I want to quit using the character after running into a priest.

I could just run but in a game where we're all monsters, that just doesn't seem right unless it's a part of the character.
    Flamboyant

I think the biggest issue isn't the difficulty early on, but the reward.

I feel that, ideally, combat should be closer to the middle than the far side (50/950). It's the reward you get from combat at those points that makes it feel like it wasn't worth the effort.

If it was easier to level for the first few hundred levels, then harder (much more than it is now, perhaps) as you get closer to max, that would be a bit more interesting. We'd also see people enter into a range of PvP feasibility more quickly since they boost into the hundreds faster.
    -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

I'd be fine with just 300/600 or something similar to that with increasing difficulty as you got better equipment and skills.

Probably a combination of both.
      Flamboyant

Comment

Originally posted by Telvanni Guard View Post
        I'd be fine with just 300/600 or something similar to that with increasing difficulty as you got better equipment and skills.

Probably a combination of both.
        Leader boosts would make it about that. But we're dealing with a pretty much dead playerbase. So them visiting this type of change in order to maybe pump some life into it isn't a bad idea.

Comment

Wait... NO leaders are online? Ever?
          SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

I have battlecry, but I just cancelled my WiFi service. No GR for me for a while
            Portrait courtesy of Vattukatt

Comment

If you want I can log my leader on and be a bonus/BC slave as long as you are either undead or chimera, but I will probably forget I am online and idle out very frequently.

Comment

I could be persuaded back, if some of the other older players also come back and make one last ditch attempt at reviving the game

But pretty much this...

Originally posted by Catobelpas View Post
                ... but I will probably forget I am online and idle out very frequently.
                And problems with time zone differences (I'm EST +5) might mean I'm not exactly the most visible/easiest to contact
                The Hallowed,
                Leader of the Dragoon Army

Comment

Whoot!

I'll come back with all my characters if others will also. I have always loved this game!

And time zones is not a problem. I can be online when you need me to be in order to co-ordinate stuff.
                  SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

One way to handle the approach to 50 and 950 might be a curve, making it increasingly difficult to get close to it.
                    -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Originally posted by Smarmy View Post
                      I'll come back with all my characters if others will also. I have always loved this game!
                      Count me in, I'm going to start playing again.
                      Japes point towards Studgrob. A single point of light flashes from the middle of Studgrob's body, then starts growing larger until a great dome of bluish-white energy consumes him and his surroundings! 999999 points of damage! Studgrob roars a final time before dying

Japes says, "Ninja minotaurs in love."
                      Japes flails.

Synchar: Toastah!
                      Toasty: o.o
                      Toasty: OMG, IT'S A SYNCHAR.
                      <Toasty thwacks you with a rolled up newspaper.>

sgp NO LAG! *can't breath* *starts to turn blue*
                      StoryGuide Damocles responds, "Just calm down. Maybe it's the start of great things."

Comment

Originally posted by Aco View Post
                        Count me in, I'm going to start playing again.
                        Whooot!!

Contact those you know from the game and encourage them to return as well, please.
                        SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

A bit late, but...

Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
                          One way to handle the approach to 50 and 950 might be a curve, making it increasingly difficult to get close to it.
                          this.

Comment

Working...
                          X