Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Balance Changes to Intimidate, Boss Monster, and Warmonger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genes
    replied
    Until Japes finishes tweaks, I've unlearned all my skills and am sitting in the lair getting mentor favor. Because I can't hunt uglies let alone pvp.

Leave a comment:

• Genes
    replied
    And you think Warriors got screwed...tyrant/warrior...
    700ish on regular uglies. 300ish on magical uglies...that's for them to hit me.

Leave a comment:

• Genes
    replied
    Darn...I hoped that I had enough offense to kill my uglies, just got one with a 163 success to hit him. Everyone else was still 50.

Leave a comment:

• DrakeWurrum
    replied
    I really like this change to Warmonger. Makes my job as a wandering mage a little easier.

Maybe I'll be bringing Coranth back after this large influx of updates...or maybe I won't, seeing as I don't really want to have two pure mage characters.

Leave a comment:

• Whindanser
    replied
    Originally posted by Norin
    I'm sure Snillo will be happy with the Boss Monster change. Good update over all. Thank you Japes.
    Yes...considering it was something I @requested

Leave a comment:

• Farquaa
    replied
    Originally posted by Germanic
    Heh so a builder warrior is now the strongest social role, handy.

Maybe before changing warmonger you should of fixed warrior favor gain eh, warriors and mages are the hardest role to level up.

Oh well Japes beta GM, beta mindset long live the Wanderers.
    Its your own damn fault for not knowing how to hunt and favor your character. Now your gonna have to work back up to the point of decent favor gain.
    Yeah Long live the wanderers, We certainly worked harder than you, what are you level 200 300?

Looks like your either going :

A) Level up.
    or
    B) Work on your horrendous defense.

C)Make a leader/warrior or a builder, so you wont feel left out of the leader boards and have some favor to put in your agility,(unless you wanna try your hands at battlecry, or your own leader defense)

Mages only complained because they died so easily.

Leave a comment:

• Exorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Germanic
    Umm, did you not notice that neither Mythras or Jinn can hit either Rythgen and Blackhand now? And that was with Jinn having 400's on Blackhand before the change.

Way to see only what you want to see.

Leave a comment:

• Germanic
    replied
    Heh so a builder warrior is now the strongest social role, handy.

Maybe before changing warmonger you should of fixed warrior favor gain eh, warriors and mages are the hardest role to level up.

Leave a comment:

• oefje
    replied
    Hey, Atro might actually be able to kill some of you now with more than just a lucky hit.

Leave a comment:

• Rythgen
    replied
    I hate you. At least you had 950 on me stripped, and defense is my weak spot.

Afterthought: So did Mythras. I don't feel so bad now.

Leave a comment:

• Blackhand
    replied
    Ryth had 950 on me, stripped, big suprise there. He only had T&N, stats, warmonger, and training room, all maxed at 1000 favors invested.

To be fair Ryth did take a hit on his Warmonger bonus, as I did. Still, he could't have had more than 750 or so before, and likely didn't go down much.

If there was Battlecry thrown in, though, it might've been another story. I'm not invincible. As Cedextra proved...

[Success: 460, Roll: 26] Cedextra the Giant slashes at you with his painful claws, but misses.

Bearing in mind that Ced and I both have further improvements to make in our respective areas.

P.S. Splash still bites.

Leave a comment:

• Blackhand
    replied
    *nods* That's to be expected, as that character is pretty young.

Me, I only have about 50% of what Warmonger can offer or so.

If this change stays as is, life will be good for me.

I just better rank up Kon some more so I don't get stunned and turned into mush.

Two things I want to make REAL CLEAR:
    1. This works with offense too, and there's a lot more effects that boost offense and defense. Battlecry and Inspire just got more potent, as did BO and Koncentrate.

2. Just because humanoid warriors CAN get more offense than undead ones, doesn't mean they all DO get more offense than undead ones. Blackhand's the only one in the game who's done that and gotten far. And am giving up on other possibilities, like a ranged attack or Blood Oath.

Leave a comment:

• Genes
    replied
    Where as my leadered hunter/builder has like 504 to hit and 750 to be hit. That's only 200 defense better then not having a leader and no bonus to offense.

Leave a comment:

• Blackhand
    replied
    Some testing with Warmonger

Let's make up some convienent numbers for an example.

Say that before the change, a particular leader gave +500 bonus to defense.
    And after the change, that leader now gives a 25% bonus to defense to each minion.

Using these hypothetical numbers, let's compare how monters with different base defenses will do under that leader, before and after:
    Code:
    Base    Bonus  Bonus
    Defense Before After

100     +500   +25
    500     +500   +125
    1000    +500   +250
    1500    +500   +375
    2000    +500   +500
    2500    +500   +625
    Very roughly, a monster with maxed stats and one defense skill might have about 1500 defense base. At 2000 defense base, if it's 25%, the monster breaks even. Monsters with more than 2000 actually get more defense than they did before.

So as you can see, this makes the weak weaker than before, and the strong stronger than before.

The same goes for offense, where it's easier to rank up higher base values with Blood Oath, Battlecry, Inspire, etc.

So what does this mean? The true masters of offense and defense are going to further outclass others in those areas.

Anyway, testing. I did some. I don't think anyone in the game can get better than 950 on me in my battle gear. Jinn can't hit me unarmored and him focused. Mythras barely got under 950 when focused.

They didn't have this trouble before. Jinn had something in the 400's on me a few days ago, and he's gained 100 focus since then. Me, I gained maybe 3 Evasion or so.

Stun, etc., does make me a real pansy, though.

Also, my offense seems to have gone down. I had about 750 on Mythras some time back, and now have 950 no matter what I do, without Battlecry or somesuch.

Weak weaker, strong stronger. Maybe I'm on the weaker side of the fence when it comes to offense.

Anyway...
    Just focusing on me? The change boosts my character a lot, I think. Always focused on doging things; this makes the dedication inat area more potent.

The game in general? Might not be a good change. Making the strong stronger, and weak weaker, I never really liked. That's why I'm against any bonuses based on character level.

So... appearently Warmonger needed tweaking, mostly aimed at brand-new monsters getting too strong. But it's making those that really excel in one area, perhaps excel too much.

But if this new change to Warmonger isn't the best, what change would be good? I'm pretty partial to this idea, if it's feasible to implement it.

Leave a comment:

• Genes
    replied
    Yeah...the Godfather is so intimidating because of the influence he has.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X