Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Philospher's Stone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vorico View Post
    Nobody is going to spend 50 favors for an item to devour.
    Visper earns ~50 favours per day from having his grunts mine, maybe a little of that being passive leader tick too. All he has to spend his favours on is lair structures. Almost every clan already has maxed structures where they count, anyway.
    <Pandarus thinks aloud: Oh Ereal's blazing jewels, I'm on my way.>

Comment

Originally posted by Vorico View Post
      What's a maxed miner get per day at the start of their maxing? If you're so worried about that, make it so that it costs more and you get a discount for kills done. 5x the cost, up to 80% discount for kills done that day. You could do it in other ways too.
      And hurt leaders and shamans? It's not always that simple.
      -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
        That's a bad thing.

GR has a bad in-game economy because of reasons like this, and deciding that "since it's already like this, it's okay to make it worse" is very, very bad.
        Yeah well, I think you smell like old cabbage!

But seriously, with the amount of magic armor already in game, how would you suggest the problem be fixed? I won't say that devouring a magic armor every time isn't OP, but much of the time, normal gorgets work just as good, as do hydra/dragon scale shields. You wouldn't do away with OP devour just by cutting back on magic armor.

I agree with Vorico (...) in that no one is going to waste 50 favors for a magic item to devour. If Visper were able to and went out to hunt, he would find more than just the one magic armor a day he'd be able to afford through his mining and passive favor. In fact, I think this would be a great idea for the shamans, leaders and builders who don't hunt so they can get their own magic armor too. So it is with that thought that I disagree with Vorico (that's better) in making anything based on kills.
        <Zetsu the Vampire grumbles: [ GR's like meth... you try it once and for the next 10 years you're still hooked to it no matter how bad it gets ]>

Comment

I would rather not have my own suggestion, where it's based on kills.

However, I get tired of neat stuff being argued down based on an imbalance in the game that's been evident for all time. Should we not have favorable structures, because of miners? They're obviously a problem.

Comment

I still like this idea. Any different opinions?

Comment

Yes. I'd rather seen this turned into something PVP based.

Have this 'stone' be something the clans and WMs can fight for, like the rune. When it appears, it can be acquired (with effort) and moved into a lair. While in the lair, a builder can use it to enchant gear, or something similar. Some kind of constant bonus would be important. Maybe it deposits favors into the lair pool, or gives a karma-over-time effect to monsters.

WMs who acquire it can drop it at a location (it becomes immobile) and enjoy a similar effect, but need to protect it.

It would be visible at all times like the rune, but wouldn't vanish inside lairs.
              -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Well, you could just have it show up randomly in the world at a set location. It would then require claiming by touching it while no non-hidden enemies are in the room.

On that note, I'd love to see more random things show up in the world that promote PvP.

It would be nice to have random human teleportation beacons that show up and mark invasions. While monsters are in the room (or nearby rooms?), the beacons would flood out high level (2x current monster level?) well-trained monsters that have 10x-20x the chance of magic items, the WT loot, and maybe even other items. There might even be more unique humans to spawn only in this. The beacon would give off 10-20 or so waves with thematic buildup (like thrones) and then disappear. Each wave could be harder than the last and more rewarding. These beacons could be cooperative affairs or could be contested, making the combat more challenging and unique.

Comment

Working...
                X