Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Repel/Attract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repel/Attract

This may have been brought up before, but the game REALLY needs items that can repel spawns for a period of time. Nothing ruins an event, mini-event, or just a chance gathering quite like random spawns. It's made even worse if the monsters present are of vastly differing levels.

Of course, a similar item that could attract spawns would also be nice. I'm sure it would make hunting easier for many.

More than anything, though: spawn repel. I don't care if it's a potion, scroll, or other activated item.
    Portrait courtesy of Vattukatt

I like this idea a lot. What if it used karma instead though? It makes sense on a certain level, and it would be nice if karma had more uses.
    -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
      I like this idea a lot. What if it used karma instead though? It makes sense on a certain level, and it would be nice if karma had more uses.
      I don't like that idea. Karma is precious to characters that don't have all their skills, and to wandering monsters.

A potion would be better in my opinion. It would be nice to be able to actually make it. Even if the ingredients are hard to get or if the potions only lasts a short time.
      Originally posted by Usuichii
      Anuu, Master of Scrolls. All of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuu View Post
        I don't like that idea. Karma is precious to characters that don't have all their skills, and to wandering monsters.

A potion would be better in my opinion. It would be nice to be able to actually make it. Even if the ingredients are hard to get or if the potions only lasts a short time.
        Why not both? Allow monsters without access to potions to expend karma to repel/attract. The more you need karma, the more things like fanes or the rune become appealing and contested.

Then allow an option for mixers to create a short-lasting variant of both attract and repel.
        -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

I agree with Anuu. I don't like the idea of using karma for it at all. Potions sound good, and they could even be found on spawns, not just made by mixers. Like with other potions, a higher level spawn's would be more potent than those from a lower level.
          Originally posted by Rythgen
          Fiendy could witstomp you into oblivion.

<Vyshka the Wyvern grumbles: {Hecate wins the internet. Forever.}>

Comment

Have 2 new potions:

Essence of Skunk: Repels Humans. Mixed by monster potions masters.

Ugly Spawn: Attracts Humans. Made from Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Rose Hips, and Almond Oil. Carried by humans and mixed by monster potion masters.
            SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

I liked Usu's idea. There need to be more ways to waste karma. They don't have to be exclusive ideas.

Comment

Working...
              X