Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Multiple Downtimes for All Games [Phase 1 Done]

Unfortunately, the whole computing world is facing a major crisis right now thanks to Intel and other major processors missing critical security flaws in their architecture. As a result, our ISP is doing a set of emergency updates to all of their hardware. We are getting about a day's notice on this, and we're told that they're going to need to patch each machine multiple times, which very inconveniently means multiple downtimes.

At this point, all of the Phase 1 Maintenance is Done, and we're awaiting word from our ISP on when Phase 2 will begin. We'll post a new announcement when it does.
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

New Skotos Client - Grendel's Revenge Beta Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Skotos Client - Grendel's Revenge Beta Release

The new Skotos client is now open for beta testing Grendel's Revenge at http://test.skotos.net/orchil/

This client works in all modern, up-to-date browsers, and while it's not yet fully optimized for mobile devices, it generally works on them as well (though you'll likely want to turn off the left sidebar for mobile use).
    It is also Skotos's most customizeable client yet, with many options exposed through the CLIENTPREF command (currently with a placeholder UI).

The client is still under development, but it should be usable without issue for most players. If you encounter any issues with the client, please @report them or note them in the forums.
    Wyrhtan, Grendel's Revenge GameMaster

I have an extensive list of macros. Is there a way to just import the Mozilla macros I use?
    SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

Thanks Wyrhtan! This is great news and should allow me to play more often!
      Japes point towards Studgrob. A single point of light flashes from the middle of Studgrob's body, then starts growing larger until a great dome of bluish-white energy consumes him and his surroundings! 999999 points of damage! Studgrob roars a final time before dying

Japes says, "Ninja minotaurs in love."
      Japes flails.

Synchar: Toastah!
      Toasty: o.o
      Toasty: OMG, IT'S A SYNCHAR.
      <Toasty thwacks you with a rolled up newspaper.>

sgp NO LAG! *can't breath* *starts to turn blue*
      StoryGuide Damocles responds, "Just calm down. Maybe it's the start of great things."

Comment

The new client feels great so far. Thrilled I can play in Chrome. Hopefully will pop my head in more often now. I still think allowing 2 character slots for free accounts would see more people come back, though.
        Marx the Lich
        Rykon the Dwerger

Comment

Reporting two bugs.

First, if popups are not enabled in Chrome the client link redirects to a page reminding one to enable popups, with a link to manually load the client if one does not wish to do so. This link always loads The Eternal City's client, regardless of what game was selected on the previous screen.

Second, the @report command does not seem to be accessible from the new client even after enabling popups.
          Serenity is passion.
          Knowledge is power.

Comment

Working...
          X