Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

[UPDATED x2] Grendel's Revenge Downtime: Friday, 12.30-8.30 pm PT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [UPDATED x2] Grendel's Revenge Downtime: Friday, 12.30-8.30 pm PT

(Copied from the Announcements.)

Update 2: Unfortunately I was unable to complete the move because I couldn't get the clients working right on the new server, due to some incompatibilities caused by upgraded server software. I've restarted the classic server and it should be available again soon, when DNS catches up. In the meantime, I'll be working to figure out how to make the clients run. There will need to be some future downtime when I try this again.

Update: I've been having some problems with transferring GR because of the very large size of its files. (It has larger files than any of our other games.) At this point I think I have a process in place that's going to successfully move the files over, but it's looking like it's going to take a few more hours to complete. So, rather than starting over at some later time (and having to do the last 2 hours or so of work again), I've gone ahead and extended the window to 8.30pm PT. Sorry for the inconvenience!

We are scheduling a maintenance window for Grendel's Revenge this Friday, from 12.30pm to 5pm PT. We will be moving Grendel's Revenge to new hardware within this window.

We've already tested out the hardware on Lazarus Project, Lovecraft Country, our test version of TEC, and our RPGnet site and we've been very pleased with the results. Speed has been faster and the network generally appears more reliable, so we're looking forward to some of these same improvements on Grendel's Revenge. However, GR is our one game with a codebase that is somewhat untested on the new platforms, so there is some chance for upset.

In the coming weeks we'll be moving the rest of our games and other services to our new computing platforms, so expect some other disruptions. I'm hoping to move the major elements to the new platforms by the 31st, with minor stuff to catch up in the weeks that follow. I'll post updates on the precise schedules for next week's moves on Monday.
Working...
X