Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Co-Lo Stability Problems

Unfortunately, our co-lo had some stability problems Friday morning.

First up, they lost all of their connectivity to the facility that holds all of our games. This took them about 40 minutes to diagnose and a bit longer to restore.

Much more astonishingly, they rebooted all of their machines (which means all of our machines) while they were fixing the problem, with no notice. This probably had minimal repercussions on the SkotOS games (Marrach, Ironclaw, Lazarus, and Lovecraft). There may have been a rollback of an hour or two.

TEC and Grendel's Revenge are more troublesome. TEC will suffer a rollback of 10 hours, to midnight (PT) last night, since the unannounced reboot happened one hour before the next backups. GR suffered a more complete failure. We're being forced to restore the entire machine from its backups, then we'll need to restore the game from the backups stored within that backup. The lineup of dates look promising (which is how we laid them out, 'lo these many years ago), so the hope is that we'll only suffer a 7 hour rollback, to the 3am (PT) game backup, but it's a bit dicey at the moment.

Apologies for the inconvenience; we're now making sure everything is stable, and we're looking into whether our most recent upgrades to TEC will support increasing the backups to every 6 hours.

Edit: The GR problem is proving even more intractable than hoped. As best I can tell, our colo is still having some issues because I can't boot the first restore I made of GR and I can't build a new node either. I expect this will just clear when they get their act together, but in the meantime I'm not able to get GR back online until they fix these problems.
2 of 2 < >

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

*gasps* ITS THE ETERNAL GRUMBLE!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spectacularly

Comment

• when

acepius0@gmail.com

Comment

• Wet.

If

Comment

• bears

**postlengthening**
          Marx the Lich
          Rykon the Dwerger

Comment

• could read
            SMARMY the GIANT

Comment

• Nietzsche

(1234)
              Marx the Lich
              Rykon the Dwerger

Comment

• , they

!!!
                acepius0@gmail.com

Comment

• wonder

asdfjkl;
                  Ephaelion says to you, "I can just picture in my head the grandmaster brigand locksmith spending days jamming repeatedly one such coffer, thinking 'They will all pay when they open it and find only a sen inside'"

Danasei says to you, "What is this reference to a flower other than daisies!? I DO NOT LIKE IT."

An urchin with tattered large sacks on his arms runs through the area, clutching a flint-tipped spear yelling, "Rue! Rue! Rue!"

Comment

• why Charmin

*its eternal for a reason, come on!*
                    Ephaelion says to you, "I can just picture in my head the grandmaster brigand locksmith spending days jamming repeatedly one such coffer, thinking 'They will all pay when they open it and find only a sen inside'"

Danasei says to you, "What is this reference to a flower other than daisies!? I DO NOT LIKE IT."

An urchin with tattered large sacks on his arms runs through the area, clutching a flint-tipped spear yelling, "Rue! Rue! Rue!"

Comment

• Blagojevich
                      -Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

• ...do people REALLY want this back?
                        Current Monster: Nadriel the Hydra

-----------------
                        "It's easy to criticize someone who generates an idea, assumes the risk."

Comment

• Originally posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
                          ...do people REALLY want this back?
                          Yes

The only person who is allowed to kill people in mass numbers is god himself.. and its cool because he always serenedes you with trumpets to soften the mood prior.

Comment

• Bumpity bump bump bump.
                            Originally posted by Usuichii
                            Vyshka the Wyvern hisses to a round silver mirror, "Rythvea"

If you say it three times, they say they'll come after you that night.
                            Originally posted by fiendish_thingy
                            They say the last thing you notice before you die is the faint smell of cinnamon and bacon.
                            Originally posted by kaoslace
                            I find your lack of doughnuts disturbing.

Comment

• bump bump goes the Dvea
                              The only person who is allowed to kill people in mass numbers is god himself.. and its cool because he always serenedes you with trumpets to soften the mood prior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Usuichii View Post
                                Blagojevich
                                Was a

-Usuichii, Great Scientist.

Smarmy the Titan bellows to you, "You look almost like an Ugly."

Blackhand the Orc grumbles: I don't know what to call you. No ugly is that vile, and no proper creature of Uthgol has ever had such a lack of honor!

Usuichii 1, Usuichii 2

Comment

Working...
                                X