Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Character Q&A Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Q&A Sheet

Have you ever gotten one of those e-mails from your friends that ask you questions about yourself and tell you to forward it on? I did, today, and wondered how GR characters would answer such questions. So I compiled a list of questions for your character, Uthgolized. Just for fun, of course, participation is optional. Fill out and repost here!

1. What is your name?

2. What gender are you?

3. Favorite food?

4. What clan are you in and what purposes do you serve?

5. Preferred weapon/armor?

6. Who's company do you enjoy most?

7. Do you have a 'special someone'?

8. What is your goal in life?

9. What do you do in your spare time?

10. If you had to be stuck on a deserted island with someone with no means of teleportation or flying, who would that person be and why?

11. Who is your role-model?

12. If you met Grendel face to face, what would you say and/or do?
    Toasty the Ebon Gryphling
    Second Picture

Toasty's New Webpage!

You sit down on a large throne made from bones and skulls.
    Shiver the Sphinx mews to you, "Behold the new avatar of the undead!"
    :rawrs, "Rawr! Me Morty! Kill kill!"
    Toasty the Gryphon rawrs, "Rawr! Me Morty! Kill kill!"

AIM: Idle Chupacabra

<Argent the Minotaur grumbles: Ph33r 70457y'5 704577ne55>

This is about my character, Kiana the Vampire:

1. Er...Kiana.
    2. Female of course.
    3. Blood.
    4. Keepers, I'm the Master Builder. At the moment at least.
    5. A battleaxe I have. Very easy to lodge into someone's head.
    6. Wouldn't you like to know.
    7. I wish.
    8. What life?
    9. I have spare time? News to me.
    10. I could just swim. It's not like I would drown.
    11. Not you.
    12. If he was deaf, cause he sure doesn't listen to me.

Comment

Here're Toasty's answers.

1. Toasty!

2. ... Blue?

3. Fish!

4. Fane-sitter, stunner, healer, and barb'cue lighter f'the R'public!

5. My fishy am'let is my weapon, and any armor is tasty..

6. Tha'ssa hard quest'in .. Well, Whindeh, for one! Netzy who neith'r smells or tastes musty, Sarks an' Tarvy th' cuddly snack-fiend mummehs, an' Athalia who sorta taught me t' behave. An' Gabby, Rythg'n an' Bael'n who are pretty fun minnytaurs, an' Ket'zal who understands me the most. Malice who r'minds me t'watch what I nibble, an' Liade an' Shiver who I miss pouncin'. An' last but not least .. The wise, comfortin', missed presences of Fally an' Gally.

7. If this 'as an'thing to do with what Ket'zal told me, then no way! Grown-ups are so strange.

8. T' become strong 'nough t' help support my friends an' family, both in an' outta th' R'public.

9. I stay at th' shrine or th' fanes.

10. Jinn th' Grimalkitty. 'Cause event'lly, I'd annoy 'im 'nough an' he'd kill me, so I'd be sent home. *nod me*

11. Whindeh is my hero!

12. Lick'm an' show 'im my fun fish am'let. *nod me again*
      Toasty the Ebon Gryphling
      Second Picture

Toasty's New Webpage!

You sit down on a large throne made from bones and skulls.
      Shiver the Sphinx mews to you, "Behold the new avatar of the undead!"
      :rawrs, "Rawr! Me Morty! Kill kill!"
      Toasty the Gryphon rawrs, "Rawr! Me Morty! Kill kill!"

AIM: Idle Chupacabra

<Argent the Minotaur grumbles: Ph33r 70457y'5 704577ne55>

Comment

1. Sark's, the Archa'c Mummeh.

2. Erm, Male.

3. Cookehs.

4. I am a Keepehs, th' mentor. I also prov'de com'c relief, and 'm Kiana's psycolog'cal scratch'ng post.

5. 'm a connoiseur of weaponreh, those I use 't not mehself. I 'ave 'n extens've collect'on of morn'ng stars.

6. I enjoy th' companeh of th' dead, but even more so, I enjoy be'ng alone with emh thoughts.

7. Aye.

8. N/A

9. Get pestehed by ch'merae who th'nk a mot'onless mummeh 's... cute.

10. Toasteh. That way I could beh alone, vereh quickleh. (One im'tation of meh speech patt'rn, and Wh'ck! *cackles*)

11. Netzeh... th', old, Netzeh. 'e has changed for th' worst, lateleh..

12. Grendel? *cackle* 't has been a long time, since I truleh saw, and bel'eved 'n Grendel...
        I'm like a big pointy rock. You can slash at me all day and do nothing, until the rock gets lucky and stabs you.

Ah, yes, by all means, hate my guts. But you're about to become part of them.

Beware the Cookie Jar. . .

Comment

1. synchar.

2. male.

3. birdy/ale.

4. clan *laughs* purposes i kill stuff.

5. weapon n/a armor anything that makes me bigger.

6. tala,arkhanno,ced,pishaw. (can't pick they all funny.)

7. yes.

8. destroy horde.

9. sit at the shrine.

10. tala, like i would tell you.

11. pishaw.

12. ask him for the death of all of you! *eyeshift*
          <Pishaw the Dwerger grumbles: Use a fish. Be civilised.>

Cedextra the Dwerger snarls, "He can say those things hes a Synchar"
          You grunt to Cedextra the Dwerger, "YES!"

<Arkhanno the Hydra grumbles: im known for my poisonous gas 8)>

<Arkhanno the Hydra grumbles: hello pink eyed lizard>
          <Cedextra the Dwerger grumbles: arkhanno i will not tolerate Humanoid courting chimeras!>
          <Pishaw the Troglodyte grumbles: He's been after my tail ever since we found it came off and regrew.>

You hear a Harpy warrior yell, "Sure, just leave me over here all alone.", from the west.

Comment

1. Malice

2. Male

3. Raw meat

4. I serve for the better good of all humanoids. Warlord.

5. The only thing that can't be done with claws can be solved with the simplicity of a bow.

6. Dvea, Liade, Toasty, Germanic, Skadsnarl, Kresh, Scarnose

7. Yes

8. To learn, lead, and make war to the best of my ability and to the maximum of my potential. To server Grendel.

9. Study, meditate, raid, solve internal clan problems, attend ritual changings of the fanes.

10. Dvea. The only other thing I would miss would be serving Grendel.

11. None, having surpassed my last.

12. I would ask what the purpose of undead are, and why they are here. Ask for better understanding and patience in dealing with former uglies. And as always ask how I can better serve the Great Master.
            http://www.crush007.com/love.cgi?id=1127958542pnx
            http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/uthgolsarchives

Comment

If I must

1. Pishaw the Dwerger.
              2. Male and proud of it.
              3. Cheese.
              4. Damn clans. I am in a grumble and I serve my own purpose.
              5. I love Iron Claw with a bit of crud. But arrows give a pointed message.
              6. My own. Keep away from me.
              7. Yah. Synchar is my stress-bucket. I kick him around and then throw up in him.
              8. Ettin
              9. What spare time? I trance, I die.
              10. Dead.
              11. Grendel, the bastard.
              12, I'd say, "You bastard!" I think he'd chuckle.
              Nothing in Uthgol makes sense.

<You grumble: Be annoying. It's a wanderer's finest trait.>

Comment

Re: Character Q&amp;A Sheet

Originally posted by KillerToasty
                Have you ever gotten one of those e-mails from your friends that ask you questions about yourself and tell you to forward it on? I did, today, and wondered how GR characters would answer such questions. So I compiled a list of questions for your character, Uthgolized. Just for fun, of course, participation is optional. Fill out and repost here!

1. What is your name?
                Netze The Pharaoh Mummy
                2. What gender are you?
                Male
                3. Favorite food?
                I do not require food, but i do like the flavor of meat, eaten from enemies alive to watch me do it.
                The Republic. We are a defensive clan, coaching all newlings in the ways of Uthgol. and help them grow into strong Defenders of the land as the Scions decree. Wisdom, power and honor are what we teach to them ,as all 3 form a higher form of purity, and thats a tactical and deadly weapon against all betrayers to Grendel, and threats by humans.
                claws. Armors with designs upon them. ARtistic and practical together.
                Calente's and Millenias before they departed forever. Now I prefer fighting along side the Champions, Tarvok, Rythgen, and Baelin. I find them honorable and determined.
                No.
                It was to rule the entire world i believe. My vast armies came close so long ago, before i was Betrayed.
                Spare time? If i happen to get a few moments, i hunt some to search for new goods any ugly might happen to bring me, or gather useful scrolls.
                10. If you had to be stuck on a deserted island with someone with no means of teleportation or flying, who would that person be and why?
                Malice, He would just slay me, and i would return to Uthgol through the Embrace.
                11. Who is your role-model? The teamwork and dedication to Grendel is best shown by the Scions of various castes appeal to me. They are the and supreme chosen ones of Grendel.
                I would would welcome him home, and enlist in his clan, then await his orders, to carry out to the best of my ability.
                I am a passionate, deeply feeling person. My posts reflect my emotions, my posts reflect the intensity of what I believe.

If you dont like it, Let me know and I will be glad to P.M. you some suggestions with what you can do with yourself.

Brecan says to Jinn the Hydra, "Go away. Nobody likes you."

Comment

1. What is your name?
                  Lurekus the Mummy

2. What gender are you?
                  Male, but such a thing is insignificant for undead.

3. Favorite food?
                  Lurekus the Mummy takes out a blue sphinx eye from his eyesocket.
                  You rub a blue sphinx eye.
                  You polish a blue sphinx eye.
                  Your vision shifts for a second.
                  Small icicles hang from the ceiling of this strangely cold room. A frozen column of ice extends from the ceiling to the floor. Water can be seen flowing through the ice and eventually appearing in a large ice bowl that magically keeps the water circulating, but not overflowing. Hanging from the northern wall is a portrait.
                  You see a hatch to the north; a curtain to the east, to the southeast, to the southwest, and to the west; and an opening to the south.

This structure has 750 out of 750 integrity points.
                  Your vision returns to normal.
                  You consume the last of a blue sphinx eye.
                  say mmm. Without stomachs, i look funnt inside.
                  You mutter, "mmm. Without stomach, i look funny inside."

Keepers of the Night. A clan whose main purpose is to uphold purity and teachings of Gruloch the founder of the Fallen. Keepers of the arcane secrets, the gathering of the dreamspirit strands that are focused upon the Plains of Letum.

Whatever brings death is my weapon. Be it steel, soil, water, mechanisms, magick, or word. All together miscellaneous.

My collection of frozen dead uglies.

7. Do you have a 'special someone?
                  My collection of frozen dead uglies.

N/A

Torture, Torment, Dissection, Extraction.

10. If you had to be stuck on a deserted island with someone with no means of teleportation or flying, who would that person be and why? A goblin child to torture, torment, dissect, and extract its bodily juices.

Gruloch for his teaching, Mundlar for his thrive for religious vision.

That's not for you fleshlings to know.

:P
                  I must not lag. Lag is the game-killer. Lag is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my lag. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the lag has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

<Toasty the Gryphon grumbles: [ I had a visual of Lurekus as, like .. a mummified Mr. Clean.. ]>

Comment

1. What is your name?
                    Gabocha
                    2. What gender are you?
                    Male
                    3. Favorite food?
                    Wine.
                    The Republic. I'd like to think that I do a little bit of everything, but most people would just say that I do a whole lot of nothing.
                    I like my dirk for nice, quick strikes, but my double-axe provides a visceral thrill that just can't be beat. As for armor, my favorite would have to be my barbut. I've been using it since the days of the Reborn, and it's surpassed my expectations in terms of quality and battlefield performance.
                    There are quite a few people that I enjoy being with. Calente, when she was still around, Hecate, Dvea, Blackhand, Netze, Winter, Jinn (don't tell him I said that!), Baelin, and Rythgen really make my day.
                    Yeah, Dyst. Have you guys heard anything about her yet? Is she coming back from her training? Please, I need to know!
                    Survival until I die. Of course, if I can beat back a few uglies why I do my surviving, I think I'll feel that my time was well-spent.
                    I whittle. It's fun. I'm also an appriciator of fine wine, so I hapen to indulge myself with a drink now and then.
                    Hmmm, Probably Toasty, to entertain me with song and dance.
                    I'd like to think Blackhand, but I'm really nothing like him. He's the kind of monster that I'd feel proud emulating, though.
                    [I'd tell him to fix the damn lag!] I'd ask him to bring me to Dyst, of course.

Kazzar: Why the hell would I mate with a giant parrot with anus breath?
                    <Mentor: Boadecia the Vampire mentors: Gabby is as 1337 as a duck.>
                    Dvea: Honor student of 'How to be evil 101'.
                    Exodias: Miss all of ya (Even Malice)
                    Hecate was here!

Comment

1. What is your name?
                      Rythgen
                      2. What gender are you?
                      Male
                      3. Favorite food?
                      Small green lizards...nice an' chewy.
                      Republic...scrollmonger, humor, general fane fighter.
                      My claws and my luxurious goodness.
                      My own and Luzige the Lich's mostly although the Republic is fun as well...especially Toasty and Tarvok.
                      Nope. Had someone I liked...but apparently she has no interest. *shrugs*
                      Nothing really..I just exist.
                      Maintain my business.
                      10. If you had to be stuck on a deserted island with someone with no means of teleportation or flying, who would that person be and why? Luzige because it'd amuse me and heal the the two of us if we were to get close to death.
                      Probably Baelin.
                      12. If you met Grendel face to face, what would you say and/or do? ...probably try to sell him something.

Comment

1. What is your name?
                        Whindanser...or Windeh to some
                        2. What gender are you?
                        Male
                        3. Favorite food?
                        Shadowy Supreme Hydra Scale Leggings
                        I am in the Guardians. I am the Chief Ambassador, which means I deal with problems from Wanderers and other clans. Liade and I are third in command after Boghl and Galisi.
                        Legendary Supreme Helmet...Just found it
                        I miss Fali and Galisi, they would be on top of the list. But I enjoy being with pretty much any clan leader, Netze especially, Blackhand, Shadar, Arkhano, Toasty, and of course my arch-nemesis Jinn.
                        I only saw her once....Amber, if you're out there, come to the Valley.
                        To attain the power and respect that the forefathers of the Guardians had, such as Galisi and Falicorn.
                        Play with the newlings in the Valley.
                        Perhaps Jinn so we could be locked in eternal battle. Perhaps Arkhano so I could come to further understand the Pool of Life. Probably Toasty so that I could be entertained and have a good snuggling buddy.
                        Falicorn and Galisi without a doubt.
                        I'll give you a nuzzle if you give me Carapace. *cackles*

http://whindanser.tripod.com

Comment

Re: Character Q&amp;A Sheet

1. What is your name? Hecate

2. What gender are you? Female

3. Favorite food? The liquified innards of my prey....mmm topped off with a glass of druid's blood

4. What clan are you in and what purposes do you serve? I currently head Night Terror. Technically Caelyth is still the leader, but she hasnt been awake in a long long time. I wish Grendel would make up his mind wether to take her into his embrace or not.......

Leather.......*cough*
                          As far as weapons, my poison breath- it makes people all mushy inside........literally.......

6. Who's company do you enjoy most? Undead, the more rotted the better

7. Do you have a 'special someone'? yeah, so I'd appreciate it if the humanoids would kindly keep their hands off of me.

8. What is your goal in life? ask Grendel, he's is, afterall, the one that reassurected me to do his bidding

9. What do you do in your spare time? hang out in the shrine and get caught up in some unusual conversations

10. If you had to be stuck on a deserted island with someone with no means of teleportation or flying, who would that person be and why? Asmod! Two crazies on an island, wheeee!

11. Who is your role-model? Exodias, he's the most powerful undead magic user i know of, for that I greatly look up to him. And Lurekus, I know I'm nothing like him, but we seem to share an interest in torture and dissection. I would be honored if he would enlighten me on his methods.

12. If you met Grendel face to face, what would you say and/or do? "Can I go back to sleep now?"
                          Originally posted by Rythgen
                          Fiendy could witstomp you into oblivion.

<Vyshka the Wyvern grumbles: {Hecate wins the internet. Forever.}>

Comment

1. What is your name?
                            Jinn
                            2. What gender are you?
                            male
                            3. Favorite food?
                            anything magical
                            My purpose is to cause trouble..
                            Anything poisonous
                            I keep to myself,but when i do socialise,i like seeing
                            Mort,Shadar or Whindanser....
                            My harpy Herpies,she keeps my den tidy...
                            To tier
                            Wander
                            Skelat..Shes a female chim,Im a male....You do the math
                            Mort and Shadar
                            Id mutter,and ask for a lift back to my den....
                            You can't stand my Gouf.

Comment

1. What is your name?
                              Dvea.

2. What gender are you?
                              Female..and donuts dont have genders...

3. Favorite food?
                              Not fish.

The Horde will always be my home. I champion honorable
                              causes. I defend what I believe in.

My claws. Missiles are always good for diviners though. Armor: My crown and crystal collar.

Malice, Baelin, Keyrn, Deesora, Lorsnel..*tries to remember the rest*

A mate, yes.

Too many to list down. Of course, one would be to gain acknowledgement as a champion of rightful, justified causes with enough strength to see it through.

Laze around.

Malice. Why? hmmph, nosy monsters. Too many reasons.

I achieve my own expectations.

"Smells like flowers?", sniff him and see how he responds. Then I'll ask more questions and exchange bells with him. I'd also ask him for crystal armor.
                              Originally posted by Usuichii
                              Vyshka the Wyvern hisses to a round silver mirror, "Rythvea"

If you say it three times, they say they'll come after you that night.
                              Originally posted by fiendish_thingy
                              They say the last thing you notice before you die is the faint smell of cinnamon and bacon.
                              Originally posted by kaoslace
                              I find your lack of doughnuts disturbing.

Comment

Working...
                              X